Woman disappears leaving dogs inside to starve to death

webfact

Woman disappears leaving dogs inside to starve to death

By THE NATION

800_ef205c3ee1027e8.jpg?v=1599807672

The tenant of a house in Samut Songkhram reportedly disappeared without paying the rent for eight months and left more than 10 dogs tied up inside.

The houseowner Orapin Pawangkapin, 84, called animal welfare officials and told them that the woman renting her house had disappeared since the end of August.

Upon learning of this case, officials entered the house to find tied up dog carcasses and suspected that the dogs ate each other. No dogs were alive.

They also found nine other dogs tied outside in a very bad condition and they were sent to hospital for treatment. These dogs will be sterilised before new homes are found for them.

Orapin said the missing tenant was young and had failed to keep her promise of paying the rent in advance.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394367

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-11

• Sad 5

On 9/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, fearless1 said:

How is it even possible that a human being could do something like this? I really hope the punishment is severe in this case. Even an anonymous call to animal welfare was too much trouble?

You really dont know what humans are capable to? 

Give you some examples: we make war, you dont want to know what happens in it.

Syria "leader" bombing his own people with fire and chemical bombs.

Australia keeps refugees on an island to rot.

The same in Europe, where refugees are kept on an island to rot. Now the place is burned and situation is even worse.

So called  "country leaders" and organisations for instance UN, which really dont care.

When something happens, they are all "shocked", yhea right. 

With animals? They kill elephants only for their teeth, also rhino's only for their horn(it makes you a man)

All kind of sharks are removed from their fins for soup, after the fins are removed they throw them back to die.

You are wondering about this? You really dont know what humans are?   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

The same in Europe, where refugees are kept on an island to rot. Now the place is burned and situation is even worse.

So called  "country leaders" and organisations for instance UN, which really dont care.

With animals? They kill elephants only for their teeth, also rhino's only for their horn(it makes you a man)

All kind of sharks are removed from their fins for soup, after the fins are removed they throw them back to die.

Humans are the worst animals on this planet./ 

14 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The goes to re-enforce the need for people to licence the animals under their care, then possibly they would not have so many and become a burden when times become hard. ....!! 

How introducing something like that would play out in Thailand? Short term, probably more dogs thrown to the street, less taken in. Long term maybe a better effect. My Thai family is appalled at the amount of money I spend/spent on the bunch of dogs we had/have. Nothing too special - food, shots, meds and the odd vet visit. For them, it's unreasonable to "invest" in dogs which aren't themselves "expensive".

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Another good Thai Buddhist. But possibly typical of so many child adults in Thailand who, if faced with a challenge, are unable to cope and simply run away.

Had a neighbor did the same thing, she was a white robe female monk, moved house and just left the dog there. It certainly affected my leaning towards Thai Buddhism!

13 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Had a neighbor did the same thing, she was a white robe female monk, moved house and just left the dog there. It certainly affected my leaning towards Thai Buddhism!

Perhaps she thought leaving it behind would give her quieter nights, making it karma for her.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I can think of one where I currently am living. killed over 200,000 in just 6 months and will get away with it

On 9/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, fearless1 said:

How is it even possible that a human being could do something like this? I really hope the punishment is severe in this case. Even an anonymous call to animal welfare was too much trouble?

The only correct punishment is lapidation.

6 hours ago, salsajapan said:
On 9/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, fearless1 said:

The only correct punishment is lapidation.

I think she must have moved more than a stone's throw away.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, TooBigToFit said:

No one needs more than a couple of dogs.

IMHO one is enough and yes a pet near us and swear it is the only one in the village that howls and barks and whines and in the very early hours of the morning and talking about  2, 3 and 4 in the morning, disturbing the very near neighbours sleep.
Yet the so- called lover of this dog and the whole family, which is large let it create so much noise for about an hour before someone at last comes out.
Yes, total no respect for their neighbours and if complain and pathetic "why don't you go to the police, if you don't like it.
So- called family and do they care? Not a jot!! but very rich!!! and have young ones as well and it must affect them also!!!
Yes talking about keeping children awake and they having to go to school in the morning.
They love their dogs but don't love them and certainly do not train them.
Total lack of respect for everyone else but yes in more ways than one, please don't question them.
Funnily enough I actually quite like some of the dogs but these so- called pets allowed to roam with the Soi dogs!!!

Edited by jwest10