"90 Day Report", Report (Bangkok)

I hadn't done a 90 day report since mid-April having taken advantage of the amnesty. (Retirement extension)  Thanks to this forum, I was aware that I had to go to the auxiliary Immigration office at Muang Thong Thani.  I live in Phra Khanong so MTT is a long haul.

In an effort to avoid going to MTT, I decided to avail myself of the Immigration services offered by the business office of Bumrungrad Hospital who in times past have taken care of the 90 day report for a B600 fee.  Unfortunately, they informed me that because I had skipped a report due to the amnesty, that I would have to do the report in person at MTT. They were only allowed to do 90 day reports that were within their normal timeframe.

Big sigh........????

Hopped into a taxi. I was thrilled when the driver said he knew where the MTT Immigration office was. Took the Hi-way, fare ran B220 + B70 tolls from Bumrungrad, not as bad as I expected.  

Arrived at 11:55 (BTW, right turn off the hi-way exit ramp at the lights, not left into the main part of MTT.  First building on the left.  Don't go straight...that office is for visas)   Must check-in by QR code, then upstairs for a queue number.  You must complete an application before they'll issue a number.  I figured I was stuck for the usual one-hour lunch break but surprisingly, they kept working.  There were about 18 people in front of me. 

We played a game of what essentially was "Musical Chairs" as the plastic chairs were arrayed in order and each time a person's number was called, we'd all get up and sit in the next chair in line.  I actually appreciated that everything was carefully ordered, it made things go very smoothly.  I got my stamps with no issue and I was out the door,  a total of about 20 minutes.  

There is a taxi queue, both cars and motos just outside the door.  Fare to Chong Nonsi was also B220 + tolls.

All in all, much smoother than I anticipated.

Edited by dddave

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Arrived at 11:55 (BTW, right turn off the hi-way exit ramp at the lights, not left into the main part of MTT.  First building on the left.

Actually you go straight at light - left or right go to MTT areas on Popular Road.  About 200 meters further you turn right under expressway to immigration area.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Must check-in by QR code, then upstairs for a queue number.

If you keep left at check in there is a register you can sign - no need for QR code.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

All in all, much smoother than I anticipated.

Indeed that was my impression also.  Thanks for reporting.