English Movies dubbed in Thai Language

Moonhunteruk

35 minutes ago, Moonhunteruk said:

Thanks a lot but was also looking for other streaming sites. ????

Of course you were. ???? You were looking for the ones you do not have to pay for, right? The pirated ones. Not allowed on this forum, to deal with illegal activities.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moonhunteruk said:

I pay for Netflicks and Star4k but looking for other content. What does money have to do with it? If you can't help then best to keep quiet! ????

So, Netflix and Star4k is not enought. Must have a great life. Oh please stop, did you see that? ????????????????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

Don't know about recently but years ago the Thai film industry seemed to have but two all-purpose people to do all the voices in dubbed-into-Thai films; one was a man who had a single mode - gruff - which he employed for any mature male; all the children's voices, and the mature women's voices too, were done by the second 'actor', a woman, who simply assumed a weedy, ridiculous high-pitched voice for any child, male or female. Neither the man nor the woman were capable of even the remotest expression of appropriate emotion for whatever scene they were portraying. 

Perhaps things have improved, perhaps not, but your wife would do better, unless she wishes to develop a tin ear, to stick to decent quality subtitles.

It's still the case on a lot of movies, For a recent example try the Thai dub of Parasite, it's on Netflix. Everyone has this peculiar and extremely annoying tone (there's the male one and the female one) and you have to suffer through it movie after movie. Might as well watch the movie silent with subs and let your imagination do the rest, the hard work of the actors would come through better.

Edited by Seik
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Perhaps things have improved, perhaps not,

No not much they still seem to use only 2 voice actors  the male having an unnatural deep "handsome voice"   with lots of "ohh hoy" expresions thrown in.

The Thai's dont seem to mind probably because thats the way its always been , but it puts me right off watching a  foreign film dubed into Thai.

• Like 1

I love Netflix, but do be aware that if you choose Thai subs and the bad guys speak a foreign language you're hosed. 

Had this challenge watching Extraction.

Would be awesome if you could enable both Thai and English subs, maybe the infrequent English displayed on the top of the screen.

Many interwebs Thai subs are crowd-sourced.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Would be awesome if you could enable both Thai and English subs, maybe the infrequent English displayed on the top of the screen.

You can and I do. It's a chrome extension called Language learning with Netflix. I constantly have both thai and english subs on screen.

• Thanks 2

On 9/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, Pilotman said:

If you get a Netfix account and do not use a VPN, Thai sub titles are available on almost all of the movies. Thats how my wife watches her movies.  

So does my wife. She used to laugh at the Thai subtitles on some of the DVDs I used to buy. One example 'The woman was beside herself with worry.' Subtitle ' 'The woman stood next to herself.'

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, Matzzon said:

So, Netflix and Star4k is not enought. Must have a great life. Oh please stop, did you see that? ????????????????

Your At it Again hey .Just can't help yourself Like the OP said If you can't help him,  Shush .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Slightly off topic but connected........I've installed Thi TV in the UK for my wife's current visit.  I was amused to find that plenty of movies and programmes are in Thai language with THAI subtitles.........very useful that ????

Would you, if you were a deaf Thai person, prefer someone "signing" in the corner of the screen?

On 9/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Matzzon said:

Of course you were. ???? You were looking for the ones you do not have to pay for, right? The pirated ones. Not allowed on this forum, to deal with illegal activities.

what a ridiculous comment!

if you are watching tv from the country you originate for, even if you are paying for it, it is not legal, unless your country has broadcasting rights in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

what a ridiculous comment!

if you are watching tv from the country you originate for, even if you are paying for it, it is not legal, unless your country has broadcasting rights in Thailand.

Not entirely true. However, how ridiculous it might seem to you, it has still been payed for, and the parts in the distribution as well as the media lines gets their cut for producing more.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:29 PM, Daffy D said:

https://subscene.com/     (Scroll down for Thai subs)

http://www.thaisubtitle.com/

:smile:

Correct. Subcenes often offers Thai. There are several subtitle sites and some offer thai. Your TV must be able to recognize and use them though. Tip: the subtitle file name must match the movie title name exactly except for the file extension. 

This makes many popular movies available to you in Thai and usually many other languages.