Where to dyno / flash a bike in Bangkok

revgreen

So you want to get it to go faster than 250kph...!? ... lol

But seriously there are many advertise on Facebook in Bangkok, I tried to find one in Phuket but no luck...

They say they can remap Forza ECU to get a bit more out of it, and unlike you with 900cc, we need every bit of juice out of 300cc....! ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agusts said:

So you want to get it to go faster than 250kph...!? ... lol

Flashing is not just about performance and certainly not top spead unless one wants to remove/change the rev limiter which usually comes with risks of engine damage.

Many people look at ECU flashing to improve the fueling and get rid of surging/lurching, smooth out throttle response, remove dips of torque somewhere in the middle of the rev range etc.

The Z900RS is a great bike but when I remember also that the throttle was not 100% perfect when I rode it 1.5 years ago. Don't remember all the details but there was definitely room for improvement and a ECU flash could make it sweet.

The more power a bike has the more important it becomes to manage that power properly.

I am not sure if you will find someone in Phuket who can do a Dyno tune. But a simple run-off-the-mill flash maybe. The only Dyno that I know of in Phuket is with Honda Bigwing. Never seen it used by anyone though.

• Like 1

I talked to Honda here, they said we can hook up to ECU but will never do anything but the standard map, or check and fix any issues to make it standard map - fair enough I guess...

I also came across one guy here a while back, he said we do big bikes but not Forza...

Although I doubt it makes much of difference on my bike, but old Forza has 9000rpm as redline, I hardly get to 8300 or 8400, even with lighter rollers, so wondered if anything can be done...

From what I read a bigger throttle body needed + ECU remap to get anything more out of it , add to that an aftermarket exhaust..., but as you say all of that can blow up the engine and probably damage belt and CVT etc. , if the bike is not designed for it ... 

I also checked a big bore kit for SH300 from abroad, which works for Forza , I think gives +50cc more, at 25k baht, and plus all labour cost, too much for an old banger...????

• Haha 1

When i took my bike to AP shop they stripped off the fairings and set up the linkage between bike and computer in the shop proper, transported me and nude bike @ 2 K's to a facility with a Dyno.

They did a fair few runs and did whatever it is they do, we returned to shop and they put bike back together.

Then i rode home, @400K's, i did notice fuel consumption was better if you rode it conservatively however the fuel disappeared at an alarming rate if you fed it.

overall gains were 38 RWHP gain and 11 torques.

and now it eats rear tyres.

I was given the option to increase the rev limiter but i declined so the motor is running original specs, no system, no can.

I have seen that the large Japanese manufacturer vary the maps according to the area the bike will be sold in, my bike now has basically the Map for Australia.

In the workshop manual it lists the different maps by country.

I was chasing an unlimited map that is listed in manual however i cannot find it.

Moose

• Like 2

15 hours ago, moose7117 said:

Then i rode home, @400K's, i did notice fuel consumption was better if you rode it conservatively however the fuel disappeared at an alarming rate if you fed it.

overall gains were 38 RWHP gain and 11 torques.

and now it eats rear tyres.

Did the overall throttle response improve ? Is it more comfortable to ride ?

But now it is very thirsty and eats  rear tires - expect chain and sprocket life will be worse.

Only you can decide if it is worth it or not

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Did the overall throttle response improve ? Is it more comfortable to ride ?

But now it is very thirsty and eats  rear tires - expect chain and sprocket life will be worse.

Only you can decide if it is worth it or not

Hmmmmmm.

Chain needs replacing at 18,000 k's, sprockets i change with new chain regardless if worn or not.

there are not really that many twisty roads where i can play near me so the tyres wear out from the middle, unlike when  lived in OZ there i was getting between 4-6000 k's from a rear and would wear it daily evenly, different life-different bike.

Throttle response is subjective as my bike has 3 map settings, 50%, 75% and ridiculous. 

he only modified the full power setting and if anything it seems soother in full power it just pulls harder.

as for whether it was worth it, well in the history of motorcycles never has it been said " Its got too much power".

so for me ......... YES it was definitely worth it.

Edited by moose7117
  • Like 1