101 Immigration KR2 update.

Andycoops

37 minutes ago, Owiee said:

What is a KR2?

30 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

Good question. Never heard of it. 

When you marry a Thai you receive a Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate and a Kor Ror 2 marriage registration certificate.

When applying for an annual extension based on marriage, Immigration request an updated Kor Ror 2 from the Amphoe. This is proof according to their records, you are still legally married.

Had you divorced, the record of marriage would be deleted from their system and they couldn't issue a Kor Ror 2.

If your married your Thai wife overseas, then you should register the overseas marriage at an Amphoe, in which case they issue a Kor Ror 22, a record of an overseas marriage registered at an Amphoe

22 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I think standard practice across the board.

Apparently not all IO require an updated one and still accept the initial KR2 issued.

As reported by other members.

I suspect it will become standard practice everywhere eventually along with home visits which I had last week for the first time ever in 10 years.

23 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Just an update for those with forthcoming marriage extensions. The immigration office at Roi Et requires an updated KR2 for marriage extensions dated the day of application.

They've been requesting the KR2 since 2018 as standard, same as other offices.

8 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Apparently not all IO require an updated one and still accept the initial KR2 issued.

As reported by other members.

I suspect it will become standard practice everywhere eventually along with home visits which I had last week for the first time ever in 10 years.

If you've been doing previous extensions based on marriage, you've done well to slip through the net so far.

Roi Et first requested an updated KR2 in 2018 and every year thereafter.

A home visit also became standard practice, but only usually for the first application (or since they introduced the new requirement), but the home visit isn't repeated every year.

It is standard practice at all IO's now.

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

When applying for an annual extension based on marriage, Immigration request an updated Kor Ror 2 from the Amphoe. This is proof according to their records, you are still legally married.

How does this work if you've moved a long distance from the Amphoe you married in? Can it be done in any Amphoe?

4 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

How does this work if you've moved a long distance from the Amphoe you married in? Can it be done in any Amphoe?

Yes.

Any Amphoe can supply an updated copy of a Kor Ror 2/22.

If however an error appeared on the initial registration (wrong DOB or Passport number), then this can only be corrected by the Amphoe where you registered your marriage.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

For me it has been since 2012 when the first asked for one. My wife did not know what it was since were never given one when we got married. A officer showed here one and she made a quick trip to the local Amphoe to get it.

Since then she gets a new one every year before we apply for the extension.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since then she gets a new one every year before we apply for the extension.

Same, standard practice now. The wife goes to the Amphoe for an updated KR2, whilst I visit the bank for the necessaries, then we meet at Immigration.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Same, standard practice now. The wife goes to the Amphoe for an updated KR2, whilst I visit the bank for the necessaries, then we meet at Immigration.

My wife normally gets it a few days before we plan on going for the extension. Immigration has not never said anything about how old it could be. This year it was 2 days old and the bank stuff from the day before.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My wife normally gets it a few days before we plan on going for the extension. Immigration has not never said anything about how old it could be. This year it was 2 days old and the bank stuff from the day before.

Your fortunate, since Roi Et had a new supervisor, he insists on same day updates, KR2 and bank paraphernalia. However both an Amphoe and banks are only 200 metres away from Immigration.

Previously, before Roi Et had an office and we had to report to Amnat Chareon, a 270 Km round trip, they accepted bank documents dated from the previous day and the KR2 was never requested.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I am talking about the updated KR2.

Not the original.

I have only had to supply the updated version at Roi Et this year.

The previous 10 years they only wanted the original.

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your fortunate, since Roi Et had a new supervisor, he insists on same day updates, KR2 and bank paraphernalia. However both an Amphoe and banks are only 200 metres away from Immigration.

Previously, before Roi Et had an office and we had to report to Amnat Chareon, a 270 Km round trip, they accepted bank documents dated from the previous day and the KR2 was never requested.

Wrong.

When I used Amnat they always requested my KR2 along with the marriage certificate.

Both the originals and copies of the  the originals were always requested and submitted for all my previous marriage extensions.

Just now, Andycoops said:

I am talking about the updated KR2.

Not the original.

I have only had to supply the updated version at Roi Et this year.

The previous 10 years they only wanted the original.

Roi Et have required an updated copy of the Kor Ror 2 since 2018.

According to your other posts, you were previously on a Non Imm O ME from Savannakhet, so this would be the first year since 2018 you've applied for an extension at Roi Et.

1 minute ago, Andycoops said:

Wrong.

When I used Amnat they always requested my KR2 along with the marriage certificate.

Both the originals and copies of the  the originals were always requested and submitted for all my previous marriage extensions.

It's not wrong it's my personal experience.

Amnat never requested an updated copy of the Kor Ror 2.

The original and a self certified photocopy, but not an updated Kor Ror 2 stamped by the Amphoe.

Roi Et were the first to request an updated Amphoe copy for my marriage extension in 2018.

It was also our first and only home visit to ensure the marriage was de jure and defacto.

If you subscribed to the Roi Et Newsletter, this change in Roi Et's policy was first notified and published as a local Immigration update in 2018.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

you are at Jomtien i think ,when i update my kr22 how many days will be ok?

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

you are at Jomtien i think ,when i update my kr22 how many days will be ok?

I am a long way from Jomtien here in Ubon.

I don't recall any reports of Jomtien wanting one on the same day. I would think 5 days before would be accepted.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...