Any rejections with embassy letter?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There are many that for various reasons had a multiple entry visa and had no problems with using it. Do you think people should of had a crystal ball or something to predict that they would not be able to leave and re-enter the country.

First of all if I were married I would have an ME marriage visa as I exit/re-enter Thailand so often. The thing is during amnesty it was clear that that visa was off the menu for time being. The ME guys have simple process to change to annual extension based on marriage. The best way was to have 400k in the bank for 2 months given the way that some io were requiring 12 months of income. When it's approved and final stamp given they can start using the money. 

Then we have the daily posts of "they are breaking up families.....I have to leave my wife and kids" etc. 400k is under $13000 USD. IMO anyone that can't put their hands on that amount of money especially living in another country is reckless. It's called planning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What could help many people on multiple entry visas would be to allow more than one 60 day extension per entry. Some offices have already done it and there is a clause in the immigration order allows it to be easily waived.

I was on a non-O multi entry visa that was due to expire on Dec24th. I tried to do a border crossing just as the border was closing, in fact a friend who did the same only an hour earlier got his 90 entry/permission to stay with no problem. On the following day I went to my local immigration office for a 60-day extension. One week after the extension kicked in was when the first 'grace period' kicked in. Last week I tried to get another 60 day extension but was told that in order for that I needed a letter from my embassy (British). Under no circumstances would they issue another extension without the letter. Not knowing how long a letter would actually give me or if I would have to keep repeating the process, or if that would even be allowed, or if there would be more changes to the immigration rules taking into account my situation and that of others on the same visa I was forced into applying for an extension based on retirement. I took this option because I am now in a position where there is some certainty over my continued legal status here. This was not an option I really wanted to exercise but at least I can sit back and relax a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once upon a time British citizens could walk into the embassy and get anything done in a day or two. Now we are just a name and a number that has to make an appointment more than a week in advance to get anything done. The only exception appears to be unless you are in jail or dead already. Has anyone else tried getting a letter from the British emvassy?

2 hours ago, adrianb said:

Once upon a time British citizens could walk into the embassy and get anything done in a day or two. Now we are just a name and a number that has to make an appointment more than a week in advance to get anything done. The only exception appears to be unless you are in jail or dead already. Has anyone else tried getting a letter from the British emvassy?

Yes and they got one.

See this post. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1181913-still-waiting-for-uk-embassy-letter/?do=findComment&comment=15809118

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adrianb said:

Hi adrianb.

I responded to your earlier query in post > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1181982-amnesty-extension/?do=findComment&comment=15812456

But you need to be aware that when using the Embassy issued Letter to apply for the 'special' extension of stay, that it might block you from doing any subsequent 'regular' extension application as some IOs treat it as a Waiting room extension for those that cannot leave the country yet.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

Please don't say 400k is an issue.

Why is this? Do you need to have money to be married? My wife wanted to give it to me but I don't want them coming round to my house and taking pictures of my bedroom. I would have to send it to home anyway then back to show it is from overseas.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wongkitlo said:

Why is this? Do you need to have money to be married? My wife wanted to give it to me but I don't want them coming round to my house and taking pictures of my bedroom.

Nor would I. However unless I had an alternative to remain in Thailand I would suffer quietly and have my pic taken.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Why is this? Do you need to have money to be married? My wife wanted to give it to me but I don't want them coming round to my house and taking pictures of my bedroom.

You don't need money to be married to a Thai national.

But when applying for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, you need to meet the financial requirements for such application.

There are 4 methods for doing so, and when using the funds-in-bank method you need to provide evidence that 400K has been seasoned for two months on your personal thai bank account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) at the moment of application.

You would need to keep it there till your application is approved (some 3-4 weeks later), and then you are free to use the funds as you please, only to top up to 400K again two months before your next 1-year marriage extension of stay application.

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Nor would I. However unless I had an alternative to remain in Thailand I would suffer quietly and have my pic taken.

In the past I had ME for that reason. Now sending the money back and forth is a problem and she has just bought a house for her son so is a bit low till next year. I had intended returning home for a while anyway and am waiting for a plane to not be cancelled. Point was everyone has different circumstances. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You don't need money to be married to a Thai national.

But when applying for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage, you need to meet the financial requirements for such application.

There are 4 methods for doing so, and when using the funds-in-bank method you need to provide evidence that 400K has been seasoned for two months on your personal thai bank account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) at the moment of application.

You would need to keep it there till your application is approved (some 3-4 weeks later), and then you are free to use the funds as you please, only to top up to 400K again two months before your next 1-year marriage extension of stay application.

Thanks Peter. Am ok. Was just questioning  DrJack saying everyone should have 400k

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, adrianb said:

Yes, the consular office was helpful and responsive in giving me a letter after I explained to them my situation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adrianb said:

Yes, very quick and efficient .

Didnt even need to go to the Embassy , just sent them an E-mail and they sent the letter back within a couple of days