Any rejections with embassy letter?

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

What was the reason for the denial ?

No evidence of a job offer. It’s only been verbal so far as there’s no means to go from my non b extension of stay to a new non b. I resigned in May, living happily on savings. 

“The British Embassy can only issue a letter to support applications to extend existing visas for British Nationals who require a letter to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa or for those who are unable to travel to their country of residence due to border closures or if the FCO advises against travel to that country.

If you require a letter from us to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa, please reply to this email with evidence of your long-term visa application such as your employment contract.

You will receive an auto-reply from us once we have received your documents. Please ensure your email is less than 5MB.

We will issue you with a letter within 5 working days of receiving all supporting documentation.

If you are unable to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa, you should make a plan to return home before your current Thai visa expires.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

“The British Embassy can only issue a letter to support applications to extend existing visas for British Nationals who require a letter to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa or for those who are unable to travel to their country of residence due to border closures or if the FCO advises against travel to that country.

If you require a letter from us to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa, please reply to this email with evidence of your long-term visa application such as your employment contract.

You will receive an auto-reply from us once we have received your documents. Please ensure your email is less than 5MB.

We will issue you with a letter within 5 working days of receiving all supporting documentation.

If you are unable to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa, you should make a plan to return home before your current Thai visa expires.”

We don't want you in Britain, but we REALLY don't want you happy outside of Britain.  Get your butt home, get in line, and obey like the rest of the Brits.  

P.S. No sex in your house.  We outlawed that too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

>> Link of interest re application for British Embassy support letter

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182262-don’t-risk-an-overstay-foreigners-in-thailand-urged-to-renew-‘visas’-before-26-sept/?do=findComment&comment=15813797

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its not really the Embassy's choice , they act on requirements from the Thai Government 

That's not correct; the US embassy is issuing these letters automatically. For Americans, they only need to fill in their passport number and name on the website and then presto! 10 minutes later you have your embassy letter in your inbox.

Edited by 2530Ubon
spelling error

42 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

thanks for sharing this! I am now scrambling to get some sort of proof from my future employer to send. I will include what was stated in this post. 

as it stands, is it possible to go from a cancelled extension of stay non b, to a new extension of stay or non b for a new job? Has the border run requirement been eliminated? 

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

That's not correct; the US embassy is issuing these letters automatically. For Americans, they only need to fill in their passport number and name on the website and then presto! 10 minutes later you have your embassy letter in your inbox.

We were talking about the British Embassy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaiman said:

Can a normal 30 day exempt entry be extended with this embassy letter?

In principle, anyone legally in Thailand as of March 26th (and, therefore, also September 26th) can apply for the special extension using embassy letter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

We were talking about the British Embassy

Yes - Embassies don't get 'orders' from the Thai government. They operate as their home country instructs. That's why some issue salary notifications, and some don't for example. Your post implied the Thai government specifically instructed the British embassy to make it difficult. I'm pointing out that it's not an instruction, otherwise the Americans would have to follow suit.

Edited by 2530Ubon
incorrect quote
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Yes - Embassies don't get 'orders' from the Thai government. They operate as their home country instructs. That's why some issue salary notifications, and some don't for example. Your post implied the Thai government specifically instructed the British embassy to make it difficult. I'm pointing out that it's not an instruction, otherwise the Americans would have to follow suit.

The Thai Government stated the reasons as to why visas would be extended , the UK Embassy is only issuing letters to those people that fit the criteria for having a visa extended .

I dont think the BKK Embassy gets any instructions from Westminster regarding issuing of letters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The Thai Government stated the reasons as to why visas would be extended , the UK Embassy is only issuing letters to those people that fit the criteria for having a visa extended .

Precisely, the British embassy chose to make it difficult to obtain. The US embassy chose to make it easy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Precisely, the British embassy chose to make it difficult to obtain. The US embassy chose to make it easy

One of the criteria for obtaining an extension with an embassy letter is an outbreak situation in one's respective country. Being that the US is an absolute mess in regards to Covid, perhaps that has something to do with the letters being automatic from the US embassy??

Or they're just plain lazy. ????

Edited by Benitostacos

A complaint of mine, that I know will fall on deaf ears, is people on ME Non o visas who "planned" and ensured they were legal in Thailand in a timely fashion (without waiting to the last second) by getting their 60 day extension before amnesty was announced got punished. It is much better to have held off on the 60 day extension until the very last second, whenever that may be. 

That fact alone also supports what UJoe is saying about multiple 60 day extensions in my opinion. Why punish those who simply planned and did what they could to stay legit in a timely fashion? 

Edited by utalkin2me

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

The letters from the British Embassy ask the immigration to extend the visa , the letters from the USA Embassy just state that they have no objections to a visa extensions .

USA people may face scrutiny from the I.O when they apply because an extension has not been requested by their Embassy 

15 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

One of the criteria for obtaining an extension with an embassy letter is an outbreak situation in one's respective country. Being that the US is an absolute mess in regards to Covid, perhaps that has something to do with the letters being automatic from the US embassy??

Or they're just plain lazy. ????

True, as is the situation in the UK  - 7 day average is over 3000 cases a day now, and rising quickly. A Malaysian poster received an extension based on COVID outbreak in his country with only 47 daily cases as of sunday.

Edited by 2530Ubon
forgot to attach quote

Rejection is with the embassy, not immigration. I reference the UK Embassy. 

Whatever reason you give, it's the luck of the draw with the UK Embassy. 

No consistency as a colleague and I submitted identical letters. He got his letter, I was declined. See below. 

"The British Embassy is unable to issue you with a letter to extend your visa in Thailand after 26th September. This is because you have not provided evidence that you are applying for a long-term visa or that you live in a country where the borders are closed or the FCDO Travel Advice advises against travel.

I am sorry this is not the response you would have hoped for but I hope you can understand we are limited in the circumstances in which we can issue these letters.

If you do not normally live in Thailand and do not have a long-term residence visa, but wish to stay in Thailand beyond the 26th September we strongly urge you confirm your visa status by that date. Given that commercial flights to UK are available and there are no restrictions on your return back to UK, if you can’t arrange for your long term stay in Thailand by e.g. getting work etc, you should make a plan to return home before your current Thai visa expires". 

Kind Regards,

TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, AMERICANS CAN APPLY ONLINE ON THE US EMBASSY WEBSITE AND RECEIVE THEIR LETTER WITHIN 10 MINUTES, AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE. 

• Sad 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, Benitostacos said:

Sorry to hear about your situation. Some IO's can be a real pain in the ass. Hope everything works out for you.

I received my us embassy letter on August 31 and currently on amnesty. I plan to go to MTT this week. What are my chances to extend til October 26? I’m concerned by the fact that I got the embassy letter so early but have been have yet to go to immigration due to food stomach pains from eating spicy Thai food

29 minutes ago, Tunaboi said:

I received my us embassy letter on August 31 and currently on amnesty. I plan to go to MTT this week. What are my chances to extend til October 26? I’m concerned by the fact that I got the embassy letter so early but have been have yet to go to immigration due to food stomach pains from eating spicy Thai food

The letter should still be accepted. You will get stamped until October 25th or 26th.

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

The letters from the British Embassy ask the immigration to extend the visa , the letters from the USA Embassy just state that they have no objections to a visa extensions .

USA people may face scrutiny from the I.O when they apply because an extension has not been requested by their Embassy 

You're still telling that same lie about letters from the US embassy ????

"The Embassy of the United States of America requests these special circumstances be considered for U.S. citizens who remain in Thailand on temporary visas and wish to apply for temporary extensions of stay..."

4 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

You're still telling that same lie about letters from the US embassy ????

"The Embassy of the United States of America requests these special circumstances be considered for U.S. citizens who remain in Thailand on temporary visas and wish to apply for temporary extensions of stay..."

Those were the old letters for the previous extension letters , a new letter was posted up on these forums which states what I said .

If I am wrong, I would rather you correct me, rather than say I am lying 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Those were the old letters for the previous extension letters , a new letter was posted up on these forums which states what I said .

If I am wrong, I would rather you correct me, rather than say I am lying 

This is the latest letter with the key paragraph, exactly as @trappedinasia informed you:

“We wish to refer to the unique global transportation restrictions caused by the pandemic outbreak of Covid-19, and its effects on international travel. The Embassy of the United States of America requests these special circumstances be considered for US citizens who remain in Thailand on temporary visas and wish to apply for temporary extensions of stay from the Immigration Bureau of the Royal Thai Police."

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

This is the latest letter with the key paragraph, exactly as @trappedinasia informed you.

“We wish to refer to the unique global transportation restrictions caused by the pandemic outbreak of Covid-19, and its effects on international travel. The Embassy of the United States of America requests these special circumstances be considered for US citizens who remain in Thailand on temporary visas and wish to apply for temporary extensions of stay from the Immigration Bureau of the Royal Thai Police."

Yes, the USA are not requesting that Thai immigration  issue visa extensions , they just request Covid to be taken into consideration .

The USA letter is not asking immigration to give an extensions, they just are asking them to take Covid into consideration when dealing with the application

On 9/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, billd766 said:

For many of us Brits, Thailand is our home.

It is where we live with our Thai families.

You are resident in Thailand, without official residency status?

If so, what are the options available aside from PR application to articulate this, if any.

Be nice to see some updated immigration policies addressing the long stay non-resident conundrum. Make a lot less headaches for many.

Did anybody actually receive a letter from the Embassy (British) re visa extension (after the amnesty period?), I applied by there email page on their website on the 10th Sept,,,, or are they waiting to see if the Gov are going to give another extension....

My local imigration office has already agreed to an extension, they said just bring the letter from the Embassy....