Any rejections with embassy letter?

2 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

I have an embassy letter from April that I have not used yet. 

What are the chances that this will be accepted now? 

I believe most IOs check the date and may even ask to see the email, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, richardperry said:

Did anybody actually receive a letter from the Embassy (British) re visa extension (after the amnesty period?), I applied by there email page on their website on the 10th Sept,,,, or are they waiting to see if the Gov are going to give another extension....

My local imigration office has already agreed to an extension, they said just bring the letter from the Embassy....

Yes, many have already received them, normally takes about 3 working days.

The clincher seems to be to that you are or were in the process of trying to obtain the correct visa but cannot because of closed borders etc. Include proof if you have any.

1 hour ago, richardperry said:

Did anybody actually receive a letter from the Embassy (British) re visa extension (after the amnesty period?), I applied by there email page on their website on the 10th Sept,,,, or are they waiting to see if the Gov are going to give another extension....

My local imigration office has already agreed to an extension, they said just bring the letter from the Embassy....

Did you check your spam-folder, as one poster indicated that the letter was re-directed to that folder by his mail-program.

1 hour ago, Benitostacos said:

I believe most IOs check the date and may even ask to see the email, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

Was asked to see the email, but did not have access to the accont at the time, he shrugged it off. The account is only on my work computer, not on my phone..