"What about us!?" Thais in relationships with foreigners separated by pandemic speak out

rooster59

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A couple of d!<k comments so far... 

Real people getting separated by a government policy - its awful, unnecessary and absolutely horrible. 

Those foreigners who are married (with a marriage certificate) can apply to return, but the process is convoluted and not everyone can afford it; in many cases only business class seat are available on repatriation flights and the ASQ hotels are not cheap (>30,000 baht for 15 days).

For others, not married, there is no current route back which is outrageous. 

A horrible world situation has caught people out Thailand is not easing this burden at all by forcing them to remain apart. 

Still beating that same drum, then. Sounds like you're abut to burst into tears?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

listening to the PTB effectively say "sorry, i'm in love is not a valid reason to extend your visa at the current time" is despicable

????

Do these couples in love give thought to families who's love one are in a foreign war torn country doing their duty for their country. Some of them never come back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It does baffle me why this gets people's noses in the air. I give my Thai GF a monthly allowance. She is 23 years younger than me.

She gives excellent value in return, and I can say with confidence after 7 years with her she's had far less impact on my wallet than the two Western women I was with in long-term relationships. Can't recall either of them giving me a massage after golf, or cutting my toenails. I can recall them stinging me for half my assets.

Virtually all transactions with women involve cash, irrespective of nationality. Unless one is a bar stool warrior who has so much sex appeal they snared a brewery heiress. But then, I wonder why they are on TV.

yes irrespective of nationality. Thais included. ???? end of discussion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This has meant bad situations where pregnant women were without the support of their foreign boyfriends who might miss the birth of their children and be unable to register them. 

In many cases good excuse not being able to enter Thailand. 

And in addition many Thai girls/prostitutes have not only one farang supporter. If they would come all to Thailand at the same time...... overcrowded. ????

• Sad 4

Any one who enters into a relationship with a foreigner who comes and goes knows there will be times they will be gone for months.  If you read between the lines seems their financial support has been gone too long. And the thought of actually working and making money scares the <deleted> out of them. Why not just find a side John that lives here and see if it pays out better 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, radjag said:

"Common Law Marriage" for 34 years so that she can continue to legally own property in Thailand. Same age (now both close to 65). Lived together in several countries as man and wife - visited many others. But now she is stuck in Thailand and I am stuck overseas.

i imagine someone else has already posted ............... if not,  that law was made obsolete a long time ago.

32 years ago my first land  wife and i bought had to be in someone elses name ( we used her parents)

No longer the case nowadays........ though land offices usually want farang to sign saying the money is hers.     But land easily goes in spouses name now.   So get married and stop living in sin   555 (joking, Yinn)

• Like 2

It could have happened to us we are not married but have lived together for 13 years we was about to go on a 3 month jolly if we had got stuck abroad the midget would have been able to get back to Thailand but not me, I would have had to go back to the UK with just a suitcase full of clothes

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It does baffle me why this gets people's noses in the air. I give my Thai GF a monthly allowance. She is 23 years younger than me.

She gives excellent value in return, and I can say with confidence after 7 years with her she's had far less impact on my wallet than the two Western women I was with in long-term relationships. Can't recall either of them giving me a massage after golf, or cutting my toenails. I can recall them stinging me for half my assets.

Virtually all transactions with women involve cash, irrespective of nationality. Unless one is a bar stool warrior who has so much sex appeal they snared a brewery heiress. But then, I wonder why they are on TV.

"Virtually all transactions with women involve cash".... I rest my case... see earlier comments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

3 years...  

.... and you are continuing to fit into the exact same ‘stereotype’ stephen tracy painted....  (belief held by your own personal experiences of hooker-john scenario).

Touches a nerve with some people, are you saying it doesn't happen and no guys pay a monthly salary?

• Sad 1

"People have left negative comments on the site like "loving a foreigner is not real love it is only about sex".

Reminds me of my engagement in the village, people were only asking why she took a foreigner and how much money it would get her, not interested wether I would stay in the picture, what work I did or anything like that lol. Was entirely about money with most.

Edited by ChaiyaTH