"What about us!?" Thais in relationships with foreigners separated by pandemic speak out

rooster59

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope.... thats what you want to imply I’m saying. 

What I am saying is that you have implied all foreigners who are with Thai women are paying to be with them.

I know that not to be true of every single foreigner I know here who’s married to a Thai lady. 

Thus, the implication you have made is more telling of your exposure to Thailand and the relationships than anyone else. 

More nonsense. You guys need to get real, no wonder so many guys get stung here

• Confused 1

Fact is that i'm feeling like to be married in Thailand for this government and as a foreigner, is close to be the same as not to be married. It is mostly closer than retiree situation in fact.

Actually, how many unrespectful Thai comment i can read where they talk about farang tourist for talk about married farang with Thai wife (or Thai husband).

I have difficulties to see, in the eyes of TAT and immigration officers (not all, but some of them) the difference between "tourist" and "married" guest.

So now, when they said that they want to be recognized the same...

well... first i think we need to be recognize as not "tourist" when we are married. If not, they will realize late that there is close to no difference, if not more engagement for nothing back from the government to be recognized.

They should start a new association call:

"not everybody foreigners are tourist".

It would be a first good start point of priority.

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

5 months and people are complaining?  I worked in Alaska where many of the Mexican and Vietnamese laborers would not "see" their spouses for up to 1 year sometimes.  

The "big picture" is that 5 months is just a snippet in time, wait a few more months and things may change.  It is all you can do.  It is what it is.  

Yes, and why shouldn't they?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

is that the best you can do? using you as an example, are you giving your girlfriend or wife a monthly wage? bought a bike, car? built a house yet? come on be honest 

I would conclude that @scuba, the sex-tourist/pat in this thread doesn't understand that everyone Thailand is not a sex tourist. It's a common belief among them. Perhaps degenerates feel better about themselves when they think everyone is a degenerate? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

. ANY person from ANY nation should be welcome starting tomorrow, if they are willing to subject themselves to a 14 day quarantine and pay excessive fees for that two week sentence.

And expats also bring in tons of cash. Alot of the nicer houses in the poorer farming areas were built with money from expats. Alot of trucks, cars and income is from expats. Countless business employing many. To say it is insignificant, is a blatant misunderstanding of Thai economics.

Very good comments again spidermike.  Yet I fear few would come to Thailand even if allowed. Guess we may see next month in Phuket what the numbers are. 

Most people I know in the USA are still afraid to go out to a restaurant.  Do not know anyone who wants to travel to another country yet. 

But again there are over 7 billion people on the planet, so am sure many still have the desire and the means to take a holiday.   

• Thanks 1

Just now, stephen tracy said:

sex tourist. It's a common belief among them. Perhaps degenerates feel better about themselves when they think everyone is a degenerate? 

Using words like Sex tourist and degenerate together is really just trying to start an argument. 

Hope you are not related to the great Spencer Tracy, he would be ashamed ????????

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are not in a ‘money for company’ relationship but assume everyone else is !!!...

Every comment you have made on this forum simply outs you as a trolling tool - you have no idea what everyone else relationships are, but I can tell you the relationships my friend are in are nothing like that you suggest - those married or dating friends are well educated and have decent careers (Flight attendants, Accountant, Lawyer, Business Managers, Gemologist and those who are now housewives had careers in the past before children came along and they stayed at home to take care of them).

You really need to move in better circles and avoid this ‘tarnished opinion’ that everyone else is incapable of finding a perfectly normal relationship here built on mutual respect and genuine feelings. 

Reverse trolling when you run out of things to say. 

Whenever this subject comes up you always get the woke lot denying the subject of money changing hands, pitiful really. Anyway keep living in denial up to you 

4 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I would conclude that @scuba, the sex-tourist/pat in this thread doesn't understand that everyone Thailand is not a sex tourist. It's a common belief among them. Perhaps degenerates feel better about themselves when they think everyone is a degenerate? 

That's right keep trying to convince yourself you're somewhat normal

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

who are now housewives had careers in the past before children came along and they stayed at home to take care of them

Are you living in the 1970's?  

I haven't heard of any woman giving up a career to raise children in 50 years. 

My wife and I had to both work to make ends meet in the 80's-90's and things have not gotten cheaper from what I see.   

5 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

and in many cases, multiple sponsors that off course don't know about the other sponsors

Very true but alas many guys on here  are in denial and can't handle the truth. The subject can't be discussed without the sensitive lot throwing their toys out the pram 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why is it some people get on a moral high horse about whether someone is married or not?

If I marry my Thai GF, Centrelink in Australia would cut my part pension by 10,000 baht/month.

Please explain why I should be getting married to satisfy your so last century mindset.

Only reason for getting married is if you have kids, even then nowadays no point.

Old guys marrying Thai women should know better.

I would love to visit  my Thai  wife  but I am not  wealthy  and could never afford to  do  so at the moment

Gov  made it too hard and expensive  to  return  

It will be over   one day   I  will live  till then

Besides  a  flight  from Autsralia  is  impossible  anyway 

Sad  but  a  lot in this same  boat  as me 

Blame  China  if  you need to  blame  someone 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She said that her relationship was just like married people, it involved families being together and all the other things associated with being together. It wasn't just about the bedroom.

Or the certificate.