Armed robbery at luxury Pattaya house: Maj-Gen latest in town to check on progress

rooster59

Armed robbery at luxury Pattaya house: Maj-Gen latest in town to check on progress

517741.jpg

Image: Naew Na

Naew Na reported on developments in the case of two Chinese men aged 38 and 31 who claim they were tied up during a robbery by five armed men at a luxury house in a housing estate in the Pattaya area earlier in the week. 

They said they were forced to open a safe and 3 million baht was stolen.

In reality the developments were very limited and mainly concerned yet another top brass policeman visiting Nong Prue investigators to check up on progress, notes Thaivisa. 

Following General Suchart Theerasawat's visit earlier in the week yesterday Pol Maj-Gen Thanasak Ritthidechaphaiboon interviewed two local investigators with the ranks of lieutenant colonel and major. 

Naew Na said there were big developments but these were dependent on DNA and fingerprint analysis being confirmed. 

The Chinese men at the center of the case have also given further evidence about the intruders. 

General Sucart is expected back in Pattaya next Friday. 

Naew na said that reporters were being kept away from the scene of the alleged crime.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-12

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Following General Suchart Theerasawat's visit earlier in the week yesterday Pol Maj-Gen Thanasak Ritthidechaphaiboon interviewed two local investigators

I didn't get this when S-i-L's car was stolen.

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the developments were very limited

Now you know why Pattaya Plod are so named.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, mikebell said:

I didn't get this when S-i-L's car was stolen.

Now you know why Pattaya Plod are so named.

Nor me when my 100,000+ gold necklace was stolen from my house, even gave a description of the culprit to Nongprue Police not heard a word since

49 minutes ago, a977 said:

Nor me when my 100,000+ gold necklace was stolen from my house, even gave a description of the culprit to Nongprue Police not heard a word since

There is a school of thought that suggests the gold thieves pay a monthly premium to protect against any investigation.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, GeorgeCross said:

7 million "found" already :coffee1:

I believe that if the felony concerned involves a certain minimum amount of bunce, the top brass will use the law of diminishing returns as far as "commision" is concerned.  i.e. whatever the true amount of stolen cash was, there is a point at which the victims of this heinous crime will decline the offer of the "special under the counter" service as the fee involved becomes too much to recover in relation to the said loss.