Digitizing Super 8 Film, slides and VCR Tapes in Chiang Mai

jschorr

Does anyone know where old Super 8 movie film, slides, and old VCR tapes can be converted to formats usable/viewable on a computer?

Is there such a service in Chiang Mai?  Has anyone used such a service?  Cost?  Thanks for any advice I receive.

Google Search is your friend. No, really!!

Try using it to search the ThaiVisa website by adding site:thaivisa.com to the end of your search words to constrain your search to this site and it will respond with prior ThaiVisa posts such as:

Video tape to DVD transfer
By MILT, February 27, 2018 in Chiang Mai Forum

...thread mentions "Convert Video @ Logo Shop" Pantip Plaza 2nd Floor - back corner.

Finding 'recent' posts with usable info on converting Super-8 Video might not be as easy, as you'll see, the results are rather ancient:

Convert Super-8 Video site:thaivisa.com

9 hours ago, RichCor said:

Google Search is your friend. No, really!!

Try using it to search the ThaiVisa website by adding site:thaivisa.com to the end of your search words to constrain your search to this site and it will respond with prior ThaiVisa posts such as:

Video tape to DVD transfer
By MILT, February 27, 2018 in Chiang Mai Forum

...thread mentions "Convert Video @ Logo Shop" Pantip Plaza 2nd Floor - back corner.

Finding 'recent' posts with usable info on converting Super-8 Video might not be as easy, as you'll see, the results are rather ancient:

Convert Super-8 Video site:thaivisa.com

I use your hint all the time, except I use "site:forum.thaivisa.com/topic" which should search a smaller section of the TV website.

The place in Panthip Plaza is good for transferring VHS to DVD or other digital storage format. But it can get expensive. They go through and check the tape for mold and disassemble and clean it first before making the transfer. The guy says it's getting harder and harder to find heads and unless stored properly, ALL VHS tapes in Thailand have mold. It takes them around 4 hours or more per tape. I forget the cost but I believe it starts around 600 Baht and goes up from there to around 1500 Baht per cassette.

Super 8 and slides, etc........in Bangkok.

Edited by elektrified

2 hours ago, Mapguy said:

No suggestions yet for 35mm to digital transfers.  Any service around?

Once upon a time desktop document scanners had 'attachments' to do your own 35mm film scanning.

As this seems to be my 'shtick', I'll also offer 

Google Search (in Thai): Digital conversion for 35mm film

...doing a search in Thai text tends to include Thai or Thai-based companies that either sell, service or offer services for the searched key words. In this instance the results include DIY Film Scanners on Shopee and Lazada, possibly even some listings to pro conversion shops (in Chrome, Right-Click on a blank area of the search results and select "Translate to English" to read results)