SURVEY: Should drugs be legalized?

Scott

SURVEY: Should drugs be legalized?  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The past few years have seen a number of countries that have made major changes to drug laws.  In your opinion, do you think Thailand should make major changes to laws surrounding illegal drug use.   Which of the following best fits with your opinion on what changes should be made.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You should be allowed to consume anything you like.

Even rat poison.

All medications should be freely available without a 'doctor tax'.

If they make it, you should be allowed to buy it.

The war on drugs is not only pointless but extremely dangerous.

It creates hugely wealthy criminal gangs with the power to topple governments.

Any particular rat poison you'd recommend? Yes, the ongoing war on drugs is an epic fail! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You should be allowed to consume anything you like.

Even rat poison.

All medications should be freely available without a 'doctor tax'.

If they make it, you should be allowed to buy it.

The war on drugs is not only pointless but extremely dangerous.

It creates hugely wealthy criminal gangs with the power to topple governments.

Really? and who's going to be there to clean up the mass these stoners and drug intoxicated will cause to the people surrounding around them? are hospitals big enough to contain all those who will end up there on overdose eh? do you also advocate for stoned and drunk people driving around operating machinery and such? and all what what? for a high?...

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

I'd legalize recreational drugs, mainly to flush out criminals from the supply chains and to alleviate overcrowding of prisons. That people get locked up for nothing else than using is a travesty that needs to end.

Same as with alcohol, however, I would be tough on people who use drugs irresponsibly and who damage property or endanger others while under the influence.

• Like 2

NO way in 'ell  should more recreational drugs be legalised in Thailand. They cannot handle alcohol and kill 30,000 of each other on the roads mostly though alcohol related incidents.

More drugs, more deaths.

IF and I say IF they can act responsibly with alcohol and do so for a few years to prove it, maybe they can look at legalising others. But definitely not until then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

t

10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Really? and who's going to be there to clean up the mass these stoners and drug intoxicated will cause to the people surrounding around them? are hospitals big enough to contain all those who will end up there on overdose eh? do you also advocate for stoned and drunk people driving around operating machinery and such? and all what what? for a high?...

Put down your Beer and Educate yourself about Pot , My God did you Direct “Reefer Madness “ Film Pot Research says it’s safer than Alcohol for Driving ,But you remain Clueless 

Edited by Ireland32
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

NO way in 'ell  should more recreational drugs be legalised in Thailand. They cannot handle alcohol and kill 30,000 of each other on the roads mostly though alcohol related incidents.

More drugs, more deaths.

IF and I say IF they can act responsibly with alcohol and do so for a few years to prove it, maybe they can look at legalising others. But definitely not until then.

All the info is on the Internet Caveman 

• Like 1

Legalise all so called recreational drugs, BUT refuse treatment for overdoses, all rehabilitation at user’s expense, accept the death rate and classify it as suicide, 
Result will be drying up of supply, decreasing profits for distributors, reduction of burglaries by addicts, less Police time wasted on taking addicts and suppliers to Court where they receive laughable sentences.

Looking at the results of the survey I seem to be in the minority with these  views...

I went through a period of smoking pot when I was younger. It made me lazy, irascible, and distorted my thinking in a dark way for days after I'd last had it. It's not as benign as people say, and is as habit forming as booze or cigarettes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

P.S. Should alcohol be criminalized?
— Yes, as alcohol is a highly addictive drug and a major health threat - apply the same laws to alcohol that is used with drugs.

As salamu alaykum!

Patronage is not answear! Ban sex also it's really addictive ! And can get disease! If you dont know how use knife , you cut your self! So ban knife from everybody! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

More drugs, more deaths.

I actually disagree, the same number of people will be addicts, less will choose alcohol as their drug of choice.

The whole concept of trying to control other people is wrong.

Let them do what they like to themselves.

Those who want control of other people 'for their own good' should also be arguing for control of others diet, sex, eating and exercise. Why just pick on one thing to control?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

I never took any illegal drugs and I know they are harmful. But I still think they should be legal - or decriminalized. Because like people drink alcohol some people take drugs. Reality shows it's impossible to have no drugs. And as long as they are illegal its a huge criminal business with lots of money involved which means lots of violence involved. And then all the crime from people who "need" their drugs and do whatever it takes to get them.

Some time ago I read an article when the police confiscated a huge amount of drugs. A top drug expert was asked what the consequences will be. The short summary: Drugs on the street will be more expensive and for that reason there will be more crime for people to get money to pay for their drugs. Is that success?

And if drugs are legal then people can rethink where all the money could be spend which goes now into fighting drugs unsuccessfully. I am sure the money will be better spend to try to prevent people from wanting to take drugs.

• Like 2