Don’t risk an overstay: Foreigners in Thailand urged to renew ‘visas’ BEFORE 26 Sept

rooster59

My new English neighbour renting the house opposite is under the amnesty. I asked him if he'd got a new visa yet (his plan was to get a volunteer visa) but he said no, he was waiting to see what happens. He's expecting the government to extend the amnesty again, I guess. As I understand it, he's left it too late now to get a volunteer visa, he's in his forties and reasonably fit so I doubt he'd get a medical visa, and there are flights back to the UK every week so he can't get a letter from the embassy to say that he can't return. I wonder what his plan is now?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Tried to extend on Friday and was told I will lose days if I extend now. I emphasised that it should start 27th September but the IMO was adamant  and they put this stamp in my passport. 

403661F9-9AC4-48D4-85D2-276947D85043.jpeg

What was the original immigration status (type of entry) that you were able to claim the amnesty on?

Maybe Saraburi Immigration are a bit busy with all those agent-filed extensions from Phuket squatters.

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

As usual...clear as mud.  So my previous extension based on retirement that is stamped until Oct 27 means nothing and I need to get to immigration by the 26th of September?

No need to until October i would advise you go a few days prior rather than leave it until the last day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Madness.  Just let everyone here already stay for as long as they want.  Work together for once--you have one ministry wanting to kick foreigners out while the tourist ministry daily comes up with one wacky unsuccessful scheme after the other to desperately try to get foreigners to visit.  

would be great but wishful thinking i guess 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

me thinks he will have a problem unless he thinks right about another extension . he will be on overstay

you can't get another extension without a letter from your embassy for which you need a fairly good excuse like your sick and can't fly. 

• Like 1