ATM rejecting Thai debit card, then changing its mind!

Lol how has this post got so many reply ? Your bank card didn’t work twice then it worked what is the big deal ? Man your life must be boring if that’s the most exciting thing that happens to you in a day lol

Edited by mikeyjj
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, Nout said:

The OP has a rich and varied life. What an adventure!

Seems like a lot of your life is spent on TVF posting negative comments on other people's posts as I have seen in other threads. Enjoy you adventure.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mikeyjj said:

Lol how has this post got so many reply ? Your bank card didn’t work twice then it worked what is the big deal ? Man your life must be boring if that’s the most exciting thing that happens to you in a day lol

My drain was slow this morning...but I guess I'll go to the ATM to see if things get more exciting for me

• Haha 1

Happens loads of times for me with Bangkok Bank Debit Mastercard, both in machine in or outside Bank + Big C + Tesco + Hospital a few time [say's Transaction declined]  = have to use my SCB card,  never had a problem with that one

On the other hand my partner Thai has had no end of problems with the SCB Debit card for many months, taking into the Bank = teller rubs it with a pencil eraser, next day it will not work again !!

Found out long ago if card with not work, go to next ATM [different Bank] works perfectly withdrawing cash... 

Edited by ignis

On 9/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I went to the ATM in Town today after cleaning it with a rubber and it WORKED. I got the "about to expire" message but it gave me the "proceed" option and worked fine.

THANKS.

Is the card about to expire?  Maybe it's simply well worn and near needing replacement anyway.  

On 9/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, Leaver said:

Is the card about to expire?  Maybe it's simply well worn and near needing replacement anyway.  

A couple of months to go. Despite being used a couple of times a week and kept in my wallet the eraser took a film of dirt off the chip. I 'll be back in Bangkok for Xmas so I will get a new card then.