Does Pattaya immigration require appointments?

I was there this morning, not overly busy.

Please note there is what appears to be an official sign at front desk stating no matter what visa you are applying for the start date will be 27 Sept 2020.  It is in both English and Thai.  

I applied for 60 day visa on the understanding that this was true.  Visa issued for 1900 THB and the expiry date was 12 Nov 2020; exactly 60 days from today!  They are obviously not following, or oblivious to policy.

To give some context I arrived on an APEC visa on 18 Jan 2020 and was permitted to stay until 16 Apr 2020; a perfectly normal 90 days on this visa.  Amnesty started before expiry so have watched for announcements and read posts on here.

Based on current situation I decided to apply for 60 days on basis of being married to a Thai and, if given 60 days from 27 Sep 2020, would have applied for the 1 yr Non O visa after transferring money here; thinking that the money would arrive in a couple of days and I would have more than the required 60 day seasoning period before today's visa expired 60 days from 27 Sep 2020.

Now for plan B!!

Finally picked-up my new extension stamp (come back on 26 Aug. called by immigration to say it's ready on 11 Sept.) The stamp started on the the app date of 3 Aug (I know, doesn't match the come back in 30 days date)  and they stamped til 4 Aug 2021. Called yesterday and asked to please come back so they can cut 6 weeks off of it to 18 June 2021 to match the expiration date on my emergency passport. You've got to love efficiency.

My office is new-ish (open a little over a year now) and we have 20+ foreigners in the area and most of them were there when the wife went and got my stamp so expect most offices to be busier than usual atm and even more so in 2 weeks.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien immigration in Pattay does not have a appointment system.

No sure how crowded they are now.

Chonburi immigration has an appointment system. Imm-Q is the name of the app. But there's imo no need for it. The place is not crowded at the moment, especially after lunch 1pm. An application for a 1 year extension based on retirement takes less than 10 min when having the correct documents/copies. The waiting time after lunch is real short.

http://www.immchonburi.go.th/main/app/index.html

On 9/13/2020 at 6:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien immigration in Pattay does not have a appointment system.

No sure how crowded they are now.

Here's another introduction to the appointment system (from PCEC in Pattaya) at Jomtien Immigration with pictures.

Screenshot_20200915-124205.png

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I just made online booking at CW for extension retirement. I took screenshot of my confirmation booking details. Do I also receive an email to show io or just show my cell?

You should get a email but people have reported it may show up in your spam folder.

If no email a print out  of the screen show would work.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should get a email but people have reported it may show up in your spam folder.

If no email a print out  of the screen show would work.

Thankyou Ubonjoe. You are correct the email from immigration was in my spam folder. Good tip for others.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Jaxxper said:

No appointment needed. Just turn up with all your documents, get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.

might be a bit busier than normal now, but probably not hugely.

Correct and still not very busy, I happen to pass by there almost every day. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:35 PM, animalmagic said:

Please note there is what appears to be an official sign at front desk stating no matter what visa you are applying for the start date will be 27 Sept 2020.  It is in both English and Thai.  

Could well screw up those applying imminently for annual retirement extensions based on original non-OA visas who have synchronised the annual period of their mandatory TGIA-approved health insurance policy with their previous extension period, I think!

Edited by OJAS

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Could well screw up those applying imminently for annual retirement extensions based on original non-OA visas who have synchronised the annual period of their mandatory TGIA-approved health insurance policy with their previous extension period, I think!

In that case they would not date it to the 27th. It would only be done to the day the insurance coverage ends.

5 minutes ago, timoti said:

There is misinformation on this forum. You need a lot more than TM7 form. They ask the usual documents pre-amnesty, including blue book, hand drawn map, etc.

There was no specific extension mentioned in this topic. The OP only wrote this,

On 9/13/2020 at 6:32 PM, timoti said:

Can I just show up with a filled TM7 and the relevant papers?

What type of extension were you applying for?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There was no specific extension mentioned in this topic. The OP only wrote this,

What type of extension were you applying for?

Covid extension post amnesty. I asked about it in the other thread but not sure if I mentioned this.

17 minutes ago, timoti said:

Covid extension post amnesty. I asked about it in the other thread but not sure if I mentioned this.

What is needed varies from office to office. For Pattaya it was posted yesterday.

I got a message today about the office here not wanting anything more than what a normal 30 day extension requires.

• Like 1

The pattaya office is requiring documentation proving "Place of Stay" for a 30 day extension with the embassy letter.  If one can't show "place of stay" then only 7 days extension is given.  Are all the offices following this same procedure or is it only Pattaya?