Nigerians arrested in Patong for romance scam, overstay

webfact

Nigerians arrested in Patong for romance scam, overstay

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1599995011_1-org.jpg

Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: Two Nigerians have been arrested in Patong for operating an online romance scam and for overstaying their visa.

Police Police named the two men arrested as Nkemakolam Benson Ugonna, 21, and Osuchukwu Chukwuemeka Malachy, 19.

The pair were arrested at a hotel on Phra Meita Rd in Patong yesterday (Sept 12) by Patong Police officers led by Maj Suchart Chumphusaeng. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/nigerians-arrested-in-patong-for-romance-scam-overstay-77299.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

How do you know Nigerian guys overstay and not get caught sooner doesn’t the hotels or apartments have to notify immigration TIT

The immigration do pay visits to hotels and guest houses, could have been just a routine visit

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I know of a few women in Canada that come from Nigeria, and they have all told me to be very very careful if 

I was to go and visit Nigeria.  They all work at the bank, and have good husbands, but they also said

that Nigeria has its share of criminals and thugs.  They were all happy to be living in Canada.

If people fall for any of these romance scams, or other phone scams, they must be fairly desperate people

who are not thinking very clearly.

Theolder a person gets, them more they should be cautious with their money.

Geezer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

Whhhhaaaatttt!!!!! You cannot say that!!!!! Black Lists matter!!!!........????????????????????????????????

Yep, these guys at least seem to take that seriously. ????????????

Edited by Matzzon

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Riiiiight, let’s throw them all into the same pot. Sounds extremely fair to me! 

Brings to mind the old racist cartoons of Africans throwing missionaries into a giant pot, still funny in a way. But unfortunately they've largely brought it on themselves. There's an African man sometimes stands on the odd street side of Sukhumvit (like one of the hookers, but 4 times as large and not as cute) and often speaks to me as I walk past, trying to start a conversation. I'm tempted to talk to him for a minute to see what his scam or illegal trade is, but then the police might assume I was doing real business with him. I'm making assumptions about him and others of his like I see, but I don't feel guilty about it.

• Thanks 1