Billionaire Bloomberg to spend $100 million in Florida to help Biden

webfact

11 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Republicans running out of money, not surprising Trumps history shows he cannot manage money. Personally bankrupt 5 times,

Sure I read recently that intentionally misleading statements and lies presented as fact are not allowed on this forum? And here we have another howling untruth presented as fact to bash the President. For the record, Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy. Not once, not twice, and not your 5 times. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Waste of money.   Who wants to vote for a guy that needs that much propping up.   He is the darling of the corporate elite obviously, not the average American.  

So you call Trump is "average American" :cheesy:! Lord please help us!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Are you privy to that information? If so, please share it. If not, it is meaningless babble.

I believe he's referring to something that was in the news over the past week or so. Pretty funny.

Melania is alleged to have re-negotiated her prenup to ensure that her son with Trump, Barron, is not left at a disadvantage relative to his older siblings. This was what she demanded in order to participate in yet another term at the Whitehouse. I thought it rather admirable.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Sure I read recently that intentionally misleading statements and lies presented as fact are not allowed on this forum? And here we have another howling untruth presented as fact to bash the President. For the record, Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy. Not once, not twice, and not your 5 times. 

Pot....Kettle....Black!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Maybe Bloomberg can spend some of that 100 million to get Biden treatment for dementia. 

Got to love Trump supporters having issues with confused crazy rants. Somehow Trump's version of such is received as poetry, or some mystical message that needs to be interpreted. And nice choice of source there - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News_Australia#Criticism_and_controversies

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

The problem with that is that the dems are desperate to get people to vote by mail before the debates. So a slow Joe melt down might be of no use. In the future it needs to be vote via smartphone and vote can be changed right until the second the polls close.

Either way the election is going to be contested. The dems don't seem to be so sure in the polls themselves. If they were they wouldn't want the mail in voting and secure a clean win. They may think they have a chance but once again are taking out insurance.

I don't get what's the party line - if the Democrats are sure about the polls, that's foolish. If they are not, they are weak and not confident. Must be great having it both ways.

Given past instances, it pays to be weary of hyping poll results. It is also prudent to get the votes in as to bar last minute surprises. For reference, see the 2016 elections.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Thank you, but the statement I am reacting to is that Trump has been personally bankrupt 5 times. It is false. 100% false. That businesses Trump had involvement in have filed for bankruptcy is irrelevant. 

It's especially heinous given that Trump didn't run on his performance as a businessman.

Edited by forehandplus
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, forehandplus said:

I wann't aware that this thread was about me. But I will share with you that I didn't have a wealthy daddy to bail me out out of any business disasters of my own making.

I was just curious. I find that a lot of people outside the US don't understand how most big business deals there are structured. You usually have dozens, sometimes a hundred or more parties participating. The investors and suppliers assume some risk and negotiate their positions accordingly. If things fall apart, the bankruptcy system is designed to not tear down otherwise viable businesses through personal liability. I'm guessing you might be from the UK, so, a Limited company would serve the same function there.

The main difference between the US and Europe is that everyone in American business life is expected to have some failures and it is not considered a black mark against you. That is why Silicon Valley has generated trillions of dollars in value, because investors are so tolerant of risk that they go into most deals knowing they won't work out. They will often invest in a startup founder who previously lost them millions of dollars, recognizing that this makes him, this time, more aware and better able to handle the problems that might emerge. UK investors don't really have the stomach for that.

Big property developments in the US are particularly risky because there are so many moving parts. A few zoning changes can blow an entire deal. A project might be brilliantly conceived but, by the time it gets to the construction stage, the entire market might collapse. When they do work out, however, they can be insanely profitable.

Trump's role in most of these deals was as a figurehead. Trump was a brand you could slap on a development to make it easier to get your anchor tenants and maybe sell the other units for 20 or 30% more than you could otherwise charge. It's like how Virgin Trains and Virgin Media have nothing to do with Richard Branson, they simply pay him a great big licensing fee every year for the Virgin brand.

Given the sheer quantity of deals Trump participated in, it would be almost impossible not to have some duds. So, it is a tad hyperbolic for you to describe it as "heinous".

Given Trumps many faults, I always wonder why those who hate him focus on issues that everyone knows are fabrications. Why fabricate when there is so much real material to choose from?

Edited by Poet
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Poet said:

I was just curious. I find that a lot of people outside the US don't understand how most big business deals there are structured. You usually have dozens, sometimes a hundred or more parties participating. The investors and suppliers assume some risk and negotiate their positions accordingly. If things fall apart, the bankruptcy system is designed to not tear down otherwise viable businesses through personal liability. I'm guessing you might be from the UK, so, a Limited company would serve the same function there.

The main difference between the US and Europe is that everyone in American business life is expected to have some failures and it is not considered a black mark against you. That is why Silicon Valley has generated trillions of dollars in value, because investors are so tolerant of risk that they go into most deals knowing they won't work out. They will often invest in a startup founder who previously lost them millions of dollars, recognizing that this makes him, this time, more aware and better able to handle the problems that might emerge. UK investors don't really have the stomach for that.

Big property developments in the US are particularly risky because there are so many moving parts. A few zoning changes can blow an entire deal. A project might be brilliantly conceived but, by the time it gets to the construction stage, the entire market might collapse. When they do work out, however, they can be insanely profitable.

Trump's role in most of these deals was as a figurehead. Trump was a brand you could slap on a development to make it easier to get your anchor tenants and maybe sell the other units for 20 or 30% more than you could otherwise charge. It's like how Virgin Trains and Virgin Media have nothing to do with Richard Branson, they simply pay him a great big licensing fee every year for the Virgin brand.

Given the sheer quantity of deals Trump participated in, it would be almost impossible not to have some duds. So, it is a tad hyperbolic for you to describe it as "heinous".

Given Trumps many faults, I always wonder why those who hate him focus on issues that everyone knows are fabrications. Why fabricate when there is so much real material to choose from?

Please stop spouting generalization about bankruptcies. With the possible exception of his Atlantic city ventures, his bankruptcies do not correspond to the situations you describe. On a mobile phone now so too much labor to provide the laughable details.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

its a pity the other side blew it previously

trump.jpg

Quite the contrary, the baton on healthcare, climate change, economic inequality, federal budget deficit were passed to the current administration and they make them worse. They have the congress and house and still couldn't even come up with decent solutions.  

• Like 2