Billionaire Bloomberg to spend $100 million in Florida to help Biden

webfact

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Bloomberg is keeping the promise he made.

He’s widely choosing to spend his money at the time it has the biggest impact.

Meanwhile Trump has yet to spend any of his own money on his financially failing campaign.

Unless mistaken, comments about Trump's campaign in 2016 being run on a relatively low budget, while highlighting funds available to HRC were a thing back then. Could be that on this score, Trump's side is not as daft or careless as some wish. No point spending in places you won't win, and maybe better to conserve energy and use it nearer to the end of the race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Sure I read recently that intentionally misleading statements and lies presented as fact are not allowed on this forum? And here we have another howling untruth presented as fact to bash the President. For the record, Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy. Not once, not twice, and not your 5 times. 

I agree that it's a pity some posters read stuff, but don't take it to heart or change their ways. Now, about posting "intentionally misdealing statements and lies presented as fact...."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy Creepy Joe a new brain.

I dunno, if they'd just put it a brain that can only come up with such 'classy' one liners then it's waste. The name is Joe Biden. No need to copy each and every bad behavior exhibited by the President.

• Like 2

Gonna be fun to see the  good Bydens (how much longer can he stand?) ......  fighting with the Dump the Trumpers.     

Heraclitus said the only thing that is constant is change .  Obviously he had not witnessed the american political cistern for the last 50 years.    Same old same old.   Well,  maybe net worth of the politicians is a lot higher than before...............  other than that, Nada.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except Trump has been spending ‘bigly’ in NY and DC, two places he hasn’t a cat in Hell chance of winning.

His campaign are milking the donations while feeding Trump stuff he likes to see/hear.

The post election investigation into campaign finance crimes is going to be an eye popper.

Maybe it's a scam, maybe not. I'm just saying that issues regarding the way his campaign spends funds were discussed last time around, and we all know how that went. I hope that the election results would make an investigation such as this possible. Kinda doubt it'll happen (or if anything will come out of it) if he wins again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

So you call Trump is "average American" :cheesy:! Lord please help us!

No, but Jo Jorgensen is running too.   Gary Johnson got 5% of the popular vote despite having weak performances on cable news. That is the problem that you have uncovered.  People only think there are two choices. 

One thing in Trumps favor, he doesn't pretend to be anything but who he is.  Joe Biden is a pretender but he created the crime bill and supports war.  He's a shill for the American 1%.   I wouldn't vote for either, but I dislike Biden more.       

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It is unfortunate that electing an American President has become such an expensive endeavor. 

Entire election process needs to be revised.

The American version of democracy has always seemed more auction than election to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Somewhat redundant to protest too much, not being political and all that.

I appreciate the attention that you are helping me shine on my thoughts. In return, I feel you deserve proper answers.

• Sad 1

When asked where his supporters were,  Biden looked confused.   He quickly got briefed and assured

everyone that he wore them at home,   but was told they did not look "presidential" worn in public

Old Man Photos, 33,000+ High Quality Free Stock Photos

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Thank you, but the statement I am reacting to is that Trump has been personally bankrupt 5 times. It is false. 100% false. That businesses Trump had involvement in have filed for bankruptcy is irrelevant. 

No, it is not irrelevant, it provides clarity on his complete disregard for suppliers / creditors. If you want to beat trump's drum show where trump has compensated his unsecured creditors once he regained wealth. In the meantime, trump's lack of character has been demonstrated numerous times with various fraudulent activities. Yes, I know he hasn't been jailed, pays large amounts to his lawyers, settles out of Court etc. If it was a guy cheating someone for $10k he would have served time, but for the wealthy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

Many of his most vocal critics around the Chinese Flu are the same ones which called him racist earlier in the year for suggesting that they close flights to China and which said the WHO showed no evidence of it being dangerous....

Unfortunately these days they will find literally any reason to blame him for something - regardless of the facts. When the media gets their weekly buzzword it's a sight to behold how coordinated each and every outlet seems to be with stuffing it in every key sentence, and then it's just a matter of repeating it over and over again to make it truth.

Which is exactly what you are doing (repeating it over and over again to make it truth).

You will not find any quote from Pelosi or Biden mentioning the CHINA travel ban, nor saying that the WHO showed no evidence etc....

BTW are you aware that it's Trump who downplayed the epidemic, stating that Dems were creating panic?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, candide said:

You will not find any quote from Pelosi or Biden mentioning the CHINA travel ban

Seriously, you don't remember Pelosi dramatic appearance in Chinatown to protest his decision, and inviting everyone in San Francisco to come join her?

I'm pretty sure Biden called it racist too, because that was the Democrat line at that time, around the end of February. Fairly standard rhetoric in these times.

Trump can be criticized for plenty of things, include later aspects of the covid response, why pick on something he happened to get right?

Edited by Poet
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, oompie69 said:

Politics is an expensive business, but the rewards are even more lucrative. Why else would people enter politics in the first place? 

Was it ever about serving the people?

It used to be. In the very beginning, being a US politician was a voluntary position. They believed in the great experiment and it was successful. Then corporate greed entered the picture and it's now a horrible mess. There is hope - history books are full of dictators, dictator wannabes, and empires that all thought they'd last forever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

No, but Jo Jorgensen is running too.   Gary Johnson got 5% of the popular vote despite having weak performances on cable news. That is the problem that you have uncovered.  People only think there are two choices. 

One thing in Trumps favor, he doesn't pretend to be anything but who he is.  Joe Biden is a pretender but he created the crime bill and supports war.  He's a shill for the American 1%.   I wouldn't vote for either, but I dislike Biden more.       

Which is why he's running on a program to increase taxes on the 1 %? In politics, follow the money. It's obvious that if anyone is a shill for the 1 percent, it's Trump.

• Like 1