Billionaire Bloomberg to spend $100 million in Florida to help Biden

webfact

5 hours ago, Morch said:

Got to love Trump supporters having issues with confused crazy rants. Somehow Trump's version of such is received as poetry, or some mystical message that needs to be interpreted. And nice choice of source there - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News_Australia#Criticism_and_controversies

"I'm Joe Biden, and I'm running for Queen of England." 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, forehandplus said:

Which is why he's running on a program to increase taxes on the 1 %? In politics, follow the money. It's obvious that if anyone is a shill for the 1 percent, it's Trump.

Was not aware he had any program.  Dream on taking money from the rich.  It never works, and it never will work.  Almost all rich people own companies, and they only pay themselves what they need.  The company handles the rest.  That and they have ex IRS attorneys working for them who know the 7000 page tax code.  I thought all those in Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Wall street hated Trump.  Isn't that just about all the wealthy people in the US?  If the wealthy do pay more, it will be voluntary.  Your statement would make me want to vote for Trump. 

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

It shows what a sham democracy is. If people were really rational agents, capable of independently looking at issues and making a decision, no one would spend big money to change their minds, and there wouldn't be worries about "fake news".

Can't go wrong with dictatorships, eh?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Was not aware he had any program.  Dream on taking money from the rich.  It never works, and it never will work.  Almost all rich people own companies, and they only pay themselves what they need.  The company handles the rest.  That and they have ex IRS attorneys working for them who know the 7000 page tax code.  I thought all those in Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Wall street hated Trump.  Isn't that just about all the wealthy people in the US?  If the wealthy do pay more, it will be voluntary.  Your statement would make me want to vote for Trump. 

Surely you lost most all of us all when you decided "Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Wall street, that just about all the wealthy people in the US?" Either you just don't have a clue or ...

Edited by earlinclaifornia

14 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Surely you lost most all of us all when you decided "Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Wall street, that just about all the wealthy people in the US?" Either you just don't have a clue or ...

People need handy labels. On a trip to Turkey, three locals (yeah, I know, but in a famous tourist place) had trouble figuring where the Mrs. was from. Finally, the brightest got it - "Taiwanland! Tsunami! Sex shop!".

38 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Cancelling me does not make your argument that much more credible.  What makes you so clued in?

Here are the five U.S. cities with the most UHNW individuals:

• New York City: 8,980.
  • Los Angeles: 5,295.
  • Chicago: 3,350.
  • San Francisco: 2,925.
  • Washington, D.C.: 2,7851

Okay, who likes Trump on this list?   This is where the super donors live that every Democrat needs to win an election, but Bernie Sanders.  Bern had the greatest grassroots support in recent history.   

Ultra High Net worth = UHNW.    

Even many liberals are not excited about Biden.  The country needed a Tulsi Gabbard.   If Joe picked Tulsi, he, though he is a lame duck, would garner more support from Libertarians and Republicans.  But what did DNC do, labelled her a tool of Russia, because she is against war.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Cancelling me does not make your argument that much more credible.  What makes you so clued in?

Here are the five U.S. cities with the most UHNW individuals:

• New York City: 8,980.
  • Los Angeles: 5,295.
  • Chicago: 3,350.
  • San Francisco: 2,925.
  • Washington, D.C.: 2,7851

Okay, who likes Trump on this list?   This is where the super donors live that every Democrat needs to win an election, but Bernie Sanders.  Bern had the greatest grassroots support in recent history.   

Ultra High Net worth = UHNW.    

Even many liberals are not excited about Biden.  The country needed a Tulsi Gabbard.   If Joe picked Tulsi, he, though he is a lame duck, would garner more support from Libertarians and Republicans.  But what did DNC do, labelled her a tool of Russia, because she is against war.    

Harris a tool of russia while the Trump campaign is in cohorts with putin. Please stop with this nonsense.

True, many liberals are not exited about Biden because he is too centrist. He is getting plenty of Republican support, Harris was needed for the more liberal wing of the Democrats.

6 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Yup, if Tulsi Gabbard got on the ticket, they’d win handily.  Even I would vote for them.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Not nearly as bad as Joe. 77 is simply too old to run any country. There should be upper age limits 

We could argue about who's worse. I feel that adding Trump's style and lies it's no contest. Biden's gaffs are mostly harmless, and what's more he is usually able to accept them and even laugh about it. Trump and his fans need to stand behind each and every 'covfefe'.

As for the age thing, assuming he is reelected and survives his second term, Trump would hit 77 as well. What was your point again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Yup, if Tulsi Gabbard got on the ticket, they’d win handily.  Even I would vote for them.

I don't know that the off-chance to win some swing voter, moderate Republican and independent votes is worthwhile vs. securing Democrat votes. Gabbard was not popular, to put it mildly. And also, given posting history, kinda doubt you'd actually vote Democrat even if she was on the ticket. 

Not aware of any figures supporting your take, by the way.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Harris a tool of russia while the Trump campaign is in cohorts with putin. Please stop with this nonsense.

True, many liberals are not exited about Biden because he is too centrist. He is getting plenty of Republican support, Harris was needed for the more liberal wing of the Democrats.

Harris got her back side handed to her by Tulsi.  Harris was never accused of being a tool of Russia.  Trump's collaboration with Russia to win the presidency has yet to be proven.   Harris a liberal?  How?  "In 2010, she opposed Proposition 19, a state initiative to legalize and tax marijuana for adults over 21,"

With regards to the $100 million, another way of looking at is that Bloomberg thinks Biden needs $100 million worth of help in Florida.

As I have seen no boat parades or hundreds of Latinos in cars supporting Biden, who knows, maybe Biden really does need that much help.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MajarTheLion said:

With regards to the $100 million, another way of looking at is that Bloomberg thinks Biden needs $100 million worth of help in Florida.

As I have seen no boat parades or hundreds of Latinos in cars supporting Biden, who knows, maybe Biden really does need that much help.

I have seen boat parades in texas in support of trump. Didn't look well, all those stranded and sunk ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Fortunately, Biden isn’t a pathological lier 

Opinions vary. Here is one that lays out an alternate opinion and examples as to why:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499065-lies-damned-lies-and-the-truth-about-joe-biden

More recently, Joe Biden was caught lying about his position on banning fracking:

https://www.wibc.com/blogs/tony-katz/busted-biden-caught-on-tape-lying-about-fracking-ban/