BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Samui: Deserted island says video, it's not so bad say taxi drivers

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, it´s not so bad. Next friday it will come a confirmation from TAT, that it´s 90% full. 😂

TAT will release a statement..... Samui is overbooked and they are desperately trying to find beds in Pucket! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

Unless I see or hear it first hand, I am skeptical. 

• Like 1

It’s deserted and will be even more so after the visa amnesty !

Only business places that are still kind of busy are buffets , Thai pubs and one nightclub in chaweng . Most of the beach clubs are quiet and few closed till Xmas or for good , bars pretty empty apart from certain nights like quiz nights , live music or sports being on tv , walking street markets mostly people coming for a snack while walking but dead compared to before . A lot of places people have just walked away from owning as can’t pay rents and a lot of places not opening till Xmas time .

• Like 2

I was on the island just over 3 weeks ago and Chaweng was very quiet with practically no one on the streets day or night and very many shops, restaurants and bars closed but Lamai was much busier and seemed pretty much all open, and Bophut whilst not that busy had people and places open!

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, webfact said:

They said it was not as deserted as the video claimed. They pointed out it was quiet right now as it was early in the morning and it was Sunday.

And withing the 4 day holiday?

The number of properties coming up for sale on Samui groups is astonishing. There are literally dozens of new listings coming up every day almost a tsunami of them in the last two week. Particularly in the higher end of the market. I have seen at least a dozen in the 100 to 300 million baht range in the past week alone.    

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

The number of properties coming up for sale on Samui groups is astonishing. There are literally dozens of new listings coming up every day almost a tsunami of them in the last two week. Particularly in the higher end of the market. I have seen at least a dozen in the 100 to 300 million baht range in the past week alone.    

Sadly, this is happening all over Thailand (but not being mentioned in the press).

My neighbour was told by his lawyer in Bangkok that they are struggling to cope with the amount of work that they have resolving bankruptcies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2