Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Samui: Deserted island says video, it's not so bad say taxi drivers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sadly, this is happening all over Thailand (but not being mentioned in the press).

My neighbour was told by his lawyer in Bangkok that they are struggling to cope with the amount of work that they have resolving bankruptcies.

And sadly a lot wont sell. A lot of properties have unreasonable price expectations. Its not unusual to see property on the Samui market for years and years

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swimfan said:

The number of properties coming up for sale on Samui groups is astonishing. There are literally dozens of new listings coming up every day almost a tsunami of them in the last two week. Particularly in the higher end of the market. I have seen at least a dozen in the 100 to 300 million baht range in the past week alone.    

Do you have a link to where they are listed? - I need to dream 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CGW said:

Do you have a link to where they are listed? - I need to dream 🙂 

Most are coming up on the Koh Samui property Facebook groups. There is a lot of them. Just do a search and join the group. Todays specials are 5 br in Taling Nam 160m, 4 br Choeng Mon for 70m and 8br in Thong Krut for 300m.

Loads of land coming on the market too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Todays specials are 5 br in Taling Nam 160m, 4 br Choeng Mon for 70m and 8br in Thong Krut for 300m.

Thanks, found some here https://www.horizonhomes-samui.com/property-for-sale/ had a serious reality check and moved on!

Not a lot of hope of any of these selling for years to come - if ever!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, khunPer said:

But always look at the bright side of life: Thanks for your post, now I'm happy that I didn't come to Samui in the 80s, to later regret that din't buy 5 rai of beachfront land in Maenam for 1 million

20/20 Hindsight has never deserted me! truth be remembered i probably didn't have a spare million floating around back then!

Least I learnt a lesson and loaded up on Microsoft, Google, Amazon and Facebook shares when they first came to the market 😞 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, khunPer said:

Wow, and I was looking at only around 300 m² beachfront land in MaeNam for 1 million baht in 2001, and thought it was expensive.

Back then, you could have bought 1 rai of beachside land for 1 million baht up here at the pointy end of Samui.

Mind you, there was nothing here then. No electricity, no water, no roads, no phones.

I paid 3 million for my hillside plot of 1 rai. Friends said that I was being robbed. They bought 5 years later - 9 million.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Back then, you could have bought 1 rai of beachside land for 1 million baht up here at the pointy end of Samui.

Mind you, there was nothing here then. No electricity, no water, no roads, no phones.

I paid 3 million for my hillside plot of 1 rai. Friends said that I was being robbed. They bought 5 years later - 9 million.

Yeah my wife went to cook at a few villas near sala samui , they are on the right before you turn left and drive down the road about a km to sala . She was leaving one day and a foreign guy asked who she was and what she was doing as she stopped at the security box . He said he was the owner of most of the villas there and he had bought basically about 30-50 rai years ago for peanuts and everyone thought he was nuts as there was nothing but jungle there . Now about 8/9 million bht a rai in the area 🙈 Safe to say he would have got his investment back a long time ago .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Back then, you could have bought 1 rai of beachside land for 1 million baht up here at the pointy end of Samui.

Mind you, there was nothing here then. No electricity, no water, no roads, no phones.

I paid 3 million for my hillside plot of 1 rai. Friends said that I was being robbed. They bought 5 years later - 9 million.

I should have been here in the happy hippie days when 1 rai was traded for 60,000 baht; 7 years after, I was told by a weeping local, 1 rai was traded for 600,000 baht; and after 7 more years and it was 6 million baht.

 

Twice I've been offered a hill-top for a reasonable price – one of them in excellent location near the airport, the other at ridiculous low price, but way up in the hills – that could be subdivided and paying for one's own landplot with outstanding view, but I'm in a way happy that I didn't enter into any business on the island; instead I just enjoy paradise full time...🙂

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, Swimfan said:

Loads of land coming on the market too.

Just a reminder for the readers (Swimfan you are probably not concerned)

under the actual Thai laws, only thai people can own a land in Thailand.

 

However a foreigner can still pay for a land, and in fact a lot do it, but still

they are not the owner of the land, even if usualy they claim the opposite

using all sort of loopholes and playing on the words (Rent a land, even in a

long term lease isn't the same than to buy a land, and if it's in your Thai

wife name. you are not the owner of the land, even if you put the money

on the table for the purchase, as it is in most of the cases)

 

 

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, webfact said:

someone or some group pops up to say it's not so bad.

A Japanese tourist that left 100,000,000 baht in the back of a taxi and had it returned.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Just a reminder for the readers (Swimfan you are probably not concerned)

under the actual Thai laws, only thai people can own a land in Thailand.

 

However a foreigner can still pay for a land, and in fact a lot do it, but still

they are not the owner of the land, even if usualy they claim the opposite

using all sort of loopholes and playing on the words (Rent a land, even in a

long term lease isn't the same than to buy a land, and if it's in your Thai

wife name. you are not the owner of the land, even if you put the money

on the table for the purchase, as it is in most of the cases)

Investor visa...👍😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...