Money in Bank method retirement extension

Will be applying for annual extension to non o (retirement) in October at CW.

Currently on island and plan to return to Bangkok for extension. In the past I have just used photocopies of my bankbook updated etc along with bank letter.

My concern is have read few reports about needing bank statement. One was from a chap that did multiple online transactions and rarely updated and his activity was consolidated. He was asked to provide bank statement for the year.

I also rarely update however due to very few transactions they are all shown when I do update. 

So need for bank statement at CW? 

Never has been in the past. 

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Be aware that your local Bank branche may not be able to generate that 12-month statement on the spot, and that it would have to be created at your Bank HQs which would take approx 5 working days before you can collect it at your local branche.  

Thanks. This is my concern and reason in my OP for mention of my location. Hoping not to spend 5 days in bkk waiting for statement. I bank with KTB.

If anyone has recently done an extension at CW using money in bank advice of experience much appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks. This is my concern and reason in my OP for mention of my location. Hoping not to spend 5 days in bkk waiting for statement. I bank with KTB.

If anyone has recently done an extension at CW using money in bank advice of experience much appreciated.

Unless you get reports from TVF-members applying for their 1-year extension of stay at CW using the 800K funds-in-bank method that did NOT need to show a 12-month bank-statement, it could be tricky not to have it with you on application.

Can you not call your local KTB branche and ask to speak to the manager, asking whether they would be able to provide you with such 12-months bank-statement on the spot.  And if not, how long beforehand would you need to order it, and whether that would be possible by a simple call instead of having to show up in person at the branche.

• Thanks 1

I have never used a " Bank Statement " before. I just have the bank photo copy the pages of my bank book using the banks officialy headed paper ,

then they stamp and sign the copies at the bottom.

They told me I would have to wait two weeks to get an official statement , this is why I use the above method.

Though I am not using CW.

Edited by NE1

All IOs I think are requiring an updated passbook with photocopies of it to prove you kept the required balance at all times. Some are also requiring statements and probably best to have one with you.

I was able to get a one year statement from my local Kasikorn Bank branch on the spot, no wait. No idea re KTB, best to cal and ask.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

was able to get a one year statement from my local Kasikorn Bank branch on the spot, no wait. No idea re KTB, best to cal and ask.

Thanks Sheryl. My partner just informed me that in fact it's my Kasikorn bank account that I use for extension, so that's promising news. I wonder if Kasikorn bank can provide statement at CW immigration. 

If anyone has done that would be great info.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Some are also requiring statements and probably best to have one with you.

And that should be the bottom line. My agent in CM told me to get the 12-month bank statement, because she said some IOs require them, while others don't. Just go for worst case, and you'll be in and out of Imm in 10 minutes -- and I was.

Edited by JimGant
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 11:16 AM, Peter Denis said:

Unless you get reports from TVF-members applying for their 1-year extension of stay at CW using the 800K funds-in-bank method that did NOT need to show a 12-month bank-statement, it could be tricky not to have it with you on application.

When I did my retirement extension end of April at CW (800K+ bank method), I was NOT asked about this. Just gave them a copy of my bankbook for the previous 12 months (updated regularly, so no 'lumping' of transactions). May have changed in the meantime, but I am not aware that it is an official requirement (not that it matters much, rules are often made up at the spot or by individual IOs). Maybe my necktie worked wonders again. Interested to hear from others who do extensions at CW.

• Thanks 2