Tourists coming to Thailand - they must have enough funds to support themselves, says business leader

webfact

5 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

As far as I am aware it was never discontinued. It is now simply a part of the ticket price 

include mandatory short term health insurance there too for 800 baht extra.

Et voila, we just solved all of thailands unpaid bill problems....      No one wouldd care about 800 baht on a flight ticket price.... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rott said:

Is there any history of foreigners becoming a burden on Thailand.?

Have the full rules been published yet so that these potential troublemakers know what it is they are required to comply with,? Those that are selected that is. 

Yes, a long history of foreigners not paying their hospital bills.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Airalee said:

I’d be curious to know exactly how much the hospital bills have been for the Thais that have been hospitalized here for coronavirus, and if it even comes close to the US$100,000 coverage that they require foreigners to carry.

The ฿400,000-800,000 insurance requirement to extend my “retirement visa” now basically jumps to a ฿5,000,000 policy requirement (The ฿3,000,000 pacific prime policy won’t be sufficient according to my insurance agent) if I, as a retiree, ever want to leave and then reenter Thailand for any reason.

Nobody has the same issues from Covid, so it is impossible to give you an exact number. some people stay overnight, others are in a coma for quite a while.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Those pesky foreigners, why oh why won't they just send their money over and stay in their own countries.

Pure selfishness on their part.

Some do !……. they are called sponsors of "good girls" (!??...) Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How many tourist don't have enough money! Tell me you wise TAT leader? And how much you loose money?Coz these broke people entrance here! What about "John" friend " Jakob" whit 2 million bth whit him! He can't support John! Or John going to be burden to Kingdom! Whos leaders think nation first and they people! Coverment want equivalence ! Like great Mao think , even also him take money first own pocket and give what was left!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

It is the same if a dog bites you. Suddenly nobody is the owner. 

So …. just take him with you and dash him to the nearest Cambodian building construction place ….one biting dog less on street …. one more on the menu … Haha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

<snip>

A similar scheme to allow medical tourism to resume that was supposed to be in effect in July is still largely dysfunctional.

As, it would appear, are many of the "decision makers" in Thailand much of the world.

(With apologies to @petermik whose earlier post I initially missed)

Edited by VBF

8 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I wish they would stop coming up these crazy ideas every day my sides are hurting that much because I can’t stop ????????????????????????????????????????????

What is the best gag ever! Read TAT ideas! Every day new one! Never ending source. Soon they start give invoice! This day's idea only 19.99 read and laugh!