Leading doctor says Thailand shouldn’t open to tourists for another six months

webfact

I'm also against opening a country for tourism as of now. Thailand will become just like US and EU, then we have to go through total lock-down all over again. Government has already warned that they will do so if infections become uncontrollable. Not only the tourism in Thailand but all over the world, especially the small businesses, they just have to bear the unbearable. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ticking Time Bomb about to go off here in the country as folks need to get back to work in some respect or another.  Looks like the xenophobia of foreigners bringing the Virus back with them is clouding some folks judgement.  Social distance, Hand washing, and personal responsibility go along way to ensuring folks stay virus free.  However, with the approach taken by the Government here they have created a false sense of security among people who believe that there are no domestic cases and those recently infected were infected by foreign returnees.  I was out to dinner along the river, and wanted a seat near the edge but was told not available for non tourists.  I laughed and asked him when the tourists were getting here.  He said soon.  I asked why no one could sit there again, and he replied that they needed to keep the tourists away from others as they had just returned to the country and out of quarantine.  I almost told him that we had just been let out of quarantine but did not want to give the poor man a heart attack.  Simple minded folks, still believe that its being transmitted by new returnees.  I hated to tell him that there had been no tourists in Thailand for 6 months, but he disagreed and said that VIP tourists are arriving every week.  Had to scratch my head on that statement.  Maybe he knows more than we are being led to believe, what with the French VIP's just recently flying into and out of Phuket, whoTF really knows.

you do know that they're catching citizens from Myanmar/Laos almost daily slipping over the border? 

• Like 1