Have you cancelled your Netflix account?

ChipButty

Hope I posted this in the right place if not you can move it,

All this commotion about a movie on Netflix "Cuties" I haven't watched it bye the way would it cause you to cancel your membership? or just dont watch it?

It seems Netflix is getting battered lost 9 billion $$$ in the last few days.

Would you say Netflix is wrong here?

Netflix Defends ‘Cuties’ as ‘Social Commentary’ Against Sexualization of Young Children

You can read here https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/netflix-defends-cuties-against-sexualization-young-girls-1234766347/

NETFLIX’S GAFFE

Despite the film existing for some time, it wasn’t until August that people really became aware of it.

In August, Netflix tweeted a teaser for the movie’s release date that came with a new poster. Designed by Netflix’s team, the new poster seemed to present a different type of movie than the one Doucouré made. The original French poster framed the main cast of girls as that — young girls, walking through the streets of Paris, waving around shopping bags and having fun. Netflix’s now-deleted poster positioned the girls as older characters, similar to posters for other dance movies like Step Up. Here’s a side-by-side comparison.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/11/21431174/cancel-netflix-cuties-movie-maimouna-doucoure-backlash-petition

Edited by ChipButty

I have never understand people who pay to watch something! Ok maybe im idiot that not support they things that can make "better" and have money to do that ! I only pay my son Netflix in Finland but he also already watch free almost all! Coz learn from father! He say to me "dad here dont have this  or this and i want watch" then i teatch him how watch latest for free! Last evening F1 race i watch full HD free also live! And all sport anytime! My son is 10!

15 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I have never understand people who pay to watch something! Ok maybe im idiot that not support they things that can make "better" and have money to do that ! I only pay my son Netflix in Finland but he also already watch free almost all! Coz learn from father! He say to me "dad here dont have this  or this and i want watch" then i teatch him how watch latest for free! Last evening F1 race i watch full HD free also live! And all sport anytime! My son is 10!

I'd appreciate info on how you watch F1 live?

I use TVMucho which has recently changed from a catchup/Live service to a record/watch later service which is no good to me. Now I need to remember to set recording for UK Channel 4 highlights.

Never giving up Netflix it's the only escape from Thai soaps and game shows.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I'd appreciate info on how you watch F1 live?

I use TVMucho which has recently changed from a catchup/Live service to a record/watch later service which is no good to me. Now I need to remember to set recording for UK Channel 4 highlights.

Never giving up Netflix it's the only escape from Thai soaps and game shows.

Probably an Android box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Not hardly watched Netflix for weeks now. The picture quality has really deteriorated. Very blocky image. Not sure if  they are reducing bandwidth.

My other streaming options, Apple TV, IPTV, KODI don't seem to have the same problem.

Mines ok we watch on the TV as well as a Samsung tablet

I watched it, ironically it is Islam which sexualises  children far more than any film like cuties which is having a go at corrupt and degrading western values, as the creator of the film wants to depict. Islamic scripture give permission to marry pre pubescent girls and the waiting period after a divorce for marrying children. The girls in the film would have been too old for the Prophet. The Idda is the waiting period after divorce before you can marry a girl before puberty. Of course the apologists have their ready made excuses for this practice, which we call pedopillia these days. Quote from the Hadith of Bukari, the most respected one.

filth.JPG

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Exactly.

Miss the remainder of season 5 of Lucifer and upcoming Season 6? Never!!!!

I cancelled my Netflix account because the TV series I was following stopped at the fourth season, although the actual series lasted a lot longer, they also missed out the last season of Doc Martin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I cancelled my Netflix account because the TV series I was following stopped at the fourth season, although the actual series lasted a lot longer, they also missed out the last season of Doc Martin.

Ah, but they saved Lucifer.

I find that for shows that are also on TV, they lag behind TV about a year i.e. that final season may appear subsequently on Netflix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Ah, but they saved Lucifer.

I find that for shows that are also on TV, they lag behind TV about a year i.e. that final season may appear subsequently on Netflix

That's true Sheryl, though I'm going back at least three years ago.

13 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Read so much about cuties i downloaded it ,but it was boreing so switched it off , if i had not read about it so much in the papers ,would never have even downloaded it .

I did the same after 30 minutes I switched off