Chinese investor allegedly fails to pay 7 million baht rent to Pattaya hotelier

webfact

Most likely the Chinese asked for a fair price and the owner refused, thus not paying anything at all. I would not know who does continue a lease with this stuff, I mean, after a few months it became quite evident that tourists would not be returning soon. I have asked many people wether their rents were reduced and the majority said no. Only some who were over paying already got a reduction, to the actual real price lol.

Besides the fact it wasn't going that great with tourism before COVID already too. Well guess that last one doesn't apply to the Chinese.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I think Thailand should attack China! :thumbsup:

There is a small problem in doing so,first not enough submarines.

Second,Thailand just (re)negotiated buying the subs by asking for easier payments because,

well er eu,what can i say,oh yeah ,there are no Chinese tourists.

Can not pay the elderly and people with special needs.(just a rumour)

There's a hole in the bucket,dear Lisa.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, andre47 said:

''Prem asked the police to investigate a possible case of fraud amounting to 40 million baht''

Fraud? I don't think so...it is just Covid 19 ==> no tourists ==> no money

Would probably be better to sue the Thai government for preventing his customers from entering the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

There is a small problem in doing so, first not enough submarines.

Second, Thailand just (re)negotiated buying the subs by asking for easier payments because,

well er eu, what can i say, oh yeah ,there are no Chinese tourists.

Can not pay the elderly and people with special needs.(just a rumour)

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Lisa.

Yes, but that was all before old Somchai got ripped off for 7 mill!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

China's really sorry that Mr Fairfax Newspaper or whatever his name is lost 40 million,  but they tell him wait six months and he will send many chinese to his rooms and they and he can have free fried rice for one year.

Rice imported from China, of course.  ????

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:18 PM, biggles45 said:

We have permanently rented a room in Pattaya for almost 8 years and spend 5 months a year there. We have not been there since March but have continued to pay the rent

My wife cleans condos for some Asian businessmen, who obviously can't get in the country and stay in them. They are however still being used. They keep up good business relations by allowing friends to stay in them. Their personal belongings are also still in the rooms. They continue to pay rent and my wife for their use and to keep them reserved. I don't see any need to do this with hotel rooms, available to whoever comes and goes, with nobody now coming.