Are People Really That Stupid?

I am using Torrent Galaxy and Pirate Bay for streaming, and am very pleased with them, but there is always the odd movie or TV show I cannot get, so I started looking at other sites and came across Kickass, it seemed very impressive and a TV show I was looking for was there.

i tried to stream the show and then they asked for my bank details, for a site that is boasting about so many members, are people that stupid that they actually give them their bank details? Do these people not realise that for a free site, they must have a way of taking money from your account, or why do they ask for your bank details in the first place?

6 hours ago, 2long said:

I use KickAss, but I scroll all the way to the bottom of the page for a show or movie and click on 'get torrent' and with today's wi-fi speeds, a full 1010p movie can be ready in 10 minutes.

As for donating or streaming, no thanks.

I have tried that but it does not work, I must be doing something wrong, but no way am I giving anyone my bank details unless I know what I am getting and I approve of it.

• Like 1

One expression I have vowed to stop using is "no one is THAT stupid."  I made this promise to myself in November of 2016.

Sometimes I think it, then I have to correct myself.

But otherwise thanks for the update, I didn't know KAT was back.

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have tried that but it does not work, I must be doing something wrong, but no way am I giving anyone my bank details unless I know what I am getting and I approve of it.

Top of page in the left hand corner, you will see a horseshoe shaped magnet; right click on that and choose to Copy Link, then import that link into your Torrent utility.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

i tried to stream the show and then they asked for my bank details, for a site that is boasting about so many members, are people that stupid that they actually give them their bank details? Do these people not realise that for a free site, they must have a way of taking money from your account, or why do they ask for your bank details in the first place?

You're viewing a scam site that's pretending to be kickass.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You're viewing a scam site that's pretending to be kickass.

Maybe so, but if that is a scam site, a certain poster gave me a link to it. If you look back at the topic, you will see who he is.

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

It's not the website, it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement. People using ad-blockers don't see these ads. But because you don't know what you are doing, you ended up clicking on an ad and then creating a thread "Are people really that stupid?" 

"it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement".  That is not the case.

Just now, possum1931 said:

"it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement".  That is not the case.

As I told you earlier, use the Magnet link. The other links are advertising for sevanweb.com

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It's not the website, it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement. People using ad-blockers don't see these ads. But because you don't know what you are doing, you ended up clicking on an ad and then creating a thread "Are people really that stupid?" 

Nothing beats stupidity. 

Edited by teacherclaire
Just now, Eindhoven said:

As I told you earlier, use the Magnet link. The other links are advertising for sevanweb.com

I did use the magnet link, I always use it when streaming from my usual sites. A very kind poster gave me instructions on how to stream movies a few months ago, and he told me always use the magnet link, and I have done so with great success.