Are People Really That Stupid?

NoshowJones

I am using Torrent Galaxy and Pirate Bay for streaming, and am very pleased with them, but there is always the odd movie or TV show I cannot get, so I started looking at other sites and came across Kickass, it seemed very impressive and a TV show I was looking for was there.

i tried to stream the show and then they asked for my bank details, for a site that is boasting about so many members, are people that stupid that they actually give them their bank details? Do these people not realise that for a free site, they must have a way of taking money from your account, or why do they ask for your bank details in the first place?

6 hours ago, 2long said:

I use KickAss, but I scroll all the way to the bottom of the page for a show or movie and click on 'get torrent' and with today's wi-fi speeds, a full 1010p movie can be ready in 10 minutes.

As for donating or streaming, no thanks.

I have tried that but it does not work, I must be doing something wrong, but no way am I giving anyone my bank details unless I know what I am getting and I approve of it.

• Like 1

One expression I have vowed to stop using is "no one is THAT stupid."  I made this promise to myself in November of 2016.

Sometimes I think it, then I have to correct myself.

But otherwise thanks for the update, I didn't know KAT was back.

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have tried that but it does not work, I must be doing something wrong, but no way am I giving anyone my bank details unless I know what I am getting and I approve of it.

Top of page in the left hand corner, you will see a horseshoe shaped magnet; right click on that and choose to Copy Link, then import that link into your Torrent utility.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

i tried to stream the show and then they asked for my bank details, for a site that is boasting about so many members, are people that stupid that they actually give them their bank details? Do these people not realise that for a free site, they must have a way of taking money from your account, or why do they ask for your bank details in the first place?

You're viewing a scam site that's pretending to be kickass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

It's not the website, it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement. People using ad-blockers don't see these ads. But because you don't know what you are doing, you ended up clicking on an ad and then creating a thread "Are people really that stupid?" 

"it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement".  That is not the case.

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It's not the website, it's you. You are likely clicking on a third party advertisement. People using ad-blockers don't see these ads. But because you don't know what you are doing, you ended up clicking on an ad and then creating a thread "Are people really that stupid?" 

Nothing beats stupidity. 

Edited by teacherclaire

Just now, Eindhoven said:

As I told you earlier, use the Magnet link. The other links are advertising for sevanweb.com

I did use the magnet link, I always use it when streaming from my usual sites. A very kind poster gave me instructions on how to stream movies a few months ago, and he told me always use the magnet link, and I have done so with great success.

32 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did use the magnet link, I always use it when streaming from my usual sites. A very kind poster gave me instructions on how to stream movies a few months ago, and he told me always use the magnet link, and I have done so with great success.

So how did you get from the Magnet link to a sign up page? You must have clicked on something. Clicking on anything else will result in you being forwarded to an unrelated service.

Better to 'right click' and copy the Magnet link; rather than just clicking an hoping nothing will go wrong.

You keep using the term, "streaming"; are you actually streaming or just downloading to your device for playing later. Streaming is a very specific action; but you appear to be using it for everything.

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

So how did you get from the Magnet link to a sign up page? You must have clicked on something. Clicking on anything else will result in you being forwarded to an unrelated service.

Better to 'right click' and copy the Magnet link; rather than just clicking an hoping nothing will go wrong.

You keep using the term, "streaming"; are you actually streaming or just downloading to your device for playing later. Streaming is a very specific action; but you appear to be using it for everything.

Well I just downloaded or streamed all the seasons of Perry Mason, I think over 300 episodes, it took at least two days.

I do download/stream, then store in my external hard drive for watching later.

As one poster has said, maybe it isn't Kickass at all, but it looked the same as the kickass link you had already given me.

I just can't see anyone giving them their bank details, but they are still in business, so people obviously are using them free.

42 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well I just downloaded or streamed all the seasons of Perry Mason, I think over 300 episodes, it took at least two days.

As one poster has said, maybe it isn't Kickass at all, but it looked the same as the kickass link you had already given me.

I just can't see anyone giving them their bank details, but they are still in business, so people obviously are using them free.

Downloading and Streaming are two entirely different things. I suggest you check the difference. If you don't, you'll keep confusing people by utilising the term Streaming when you actually meaning Downloading.

Streaming means viewing without downloading the media beforehand.

So now you know.

Once again, the redirect has nothing to do with Torrents. It's just a subscription service that no one needs.

You still didn't explain as to how you get from the Magnet link to the redirect. It can only be because you clicked on Download or some such.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Top of page in the left hand corner, you will see a horseshoe shaped magnet; right click on that and choose to Copy Link, then import that link into your Torrent utility.

Or just click on the magnet link as per the diagram below:

Capture.JPG

Do NOT click on the DOWNLOAD TORRENT button next to it, or the larger DOWNLOAD button below it as you will be redirected to a site that requests you to register and provide credit/banking details.

And just so everyone knows that we are not violating the Forum Rules here, we are discussing how to download files from a torrent site via a torrent client, not downloading or file sharing pirated material.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Just for clarity, you are downloading, not streaming.

Streaming means viewing online without downloading the media and storing it on some local hard disk/SSD/thumb drive/storage media for viewing later.

3 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Capture.JPG

Do NOT click on the DOWNLOAD TORRENT button next to it, or the larger DOWNLOAD button below it as you will be redirected to a site that requests you to register and provide credit/banking details.

And just so everyone knows that we are not violating the Forum Rules here, we are discussing how to download files from a torrent site via a torrent client, not downloading or file sharing pirated material.

Streaming means viewing online without downloading the media and storing it on some local hard disk/SSD/thumb drive/storage media for viewing later.

OK thanks, I get that, I know not to click on the buttons you mention, but where do I click?

On 9/15/2020 at 8:25 AM, Jai Dee said:

Capture.JPG

You only click on the Magnet link if you have an application associated with it. Since I don't have any software linked to Torrents on my devices, I 'right click' and copy then paste the Magnet link into the interface I utilise. 

21 hours ago, johng said:

Wait for it to become available on Blu-ray   no point bothering with CAM versions.

Tenet (2020)

Tenet DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for November 2020 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for November 2020.

See here.