Grab Taxis

jayboy

On 11/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, pseudorabies said:

It must be me.... My experience with Grab over the last two months has been mediocre to bad.  On my last ride the driver was apparently trying to get out of the ride by stalling - parking about 0.5km up the road from where I was.  After 7-8 minutes of waiting I finally texted him to say "Where are you?".  After that he quickly moved to pick me up.  Beyond that Grab has given me the opportunity to interact with what must be some of the dumbest people on the planet.  Most of the drivers that I've had did not know their way around BK or how to use Grab's built-in mapping function.  I got used to having them call me right after I book a ride to find out how to get to my location.

On the other hand my experience with regular cabs has been pretty positive, using them at least 10x/week.  However it is a pretty direct route to/from my place to the BTS and the taxi's aren't too picky about their destinations these days.  The latter was my biggest complaint about taxis in BK back in the pre-COVID days.

I live off a semi-rural road in Nonthaburi...no taxis regularly drive by so I am forced to use Grab. They have been excellent, as I use them at least 3 times a week from home but since I usually return from the main highway area (Kanchanapisek Road) I grab a regular taxi from there to home. When I select "JustGrab" I get a regular taxi half the time anyway. I love them and their rates have gone down since last year when I started using them a year ago. Also many discount offers every month. My only complaint is foreigners cannot use Grab Wallet which is required to buy packages which can further reduce the cost...but I think that is a banking thing and not a company restriction.