Options after 26/09 based on staying with my child

Good day,

Has any Brit on amnesty gained a letter from the British Embassy to extend past the 26th September based on staying here with his/her child ? Or is the criteria only of medical reasons or inability to fly home ?!

I normally hop over to Laos every 5 months and get a Non O single but of course that is not possible at the moment. I do not qualify for the yearly extension and have already used my 60 day extension based on staying with my son. I really really do not want to fly all the way home to then go through all that red tape and quarantine to fly back, if indeed i would even qualify for that.  Additionally i noticed someone mentioned on another thread that 2nd 60 day extensions have been achieved at some immigration offices, i wonder if anyone can confirm that please.

Looking for options before i have to bite the bullet and book that flight out.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PhoSai

You can ask to borrow 400k from someone? You only need it on the day you apply since you extend on your child instead of marriage. Afterwards you can give it back. Alternative it's an agency who can help you with borrowing the money and application. Cost 25k (but I'm not sure if this is still doable, deadline was 10/09)

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

You can ask to borrow 400k from someone? You only need it on the day you apply since you extend on your child instead of marriage. Afterwards you can give it back. Alternative it's an agency who can help you with borrowing the money and application. Cost 25k (but I'm not sure if this is still doable, deadline was 10/09)

Thanks, and yes I did think of using an agency for the 400K problem but as you say I think i'm too late. Serves me right for hanging on I suppose.  

Just now, PhoSai said:

Thanks, and yes I did think of using an agency for the 400K problem but as you say I think i'm too late. Serves me right for hanging on I suppose.  

Hope it works out for you. I'll give it a go with some agencies. Getting back into Thailand seems like the worst option.

Good luck!

As Eibot already mentioned, you only need to have the 400K on your personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application for your 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason Thai dependent child.

Normally you should be able to do that till 25 September.  So basically this week and next week, to find someone to borrow you 400K for 1 day (day of application).

If you find an Agent to help you with that application in case you do not have the 400K, it should normally also be way cheaper than 25K as it would be a fully legit application fully meeting the requirements.

12 minutes ago, PhoSai said:

Sort of off topic. You are in Pho Sai the small town near Kemarat near the Mekong about 25 minutes away by motorcycle?

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As Eibot already mentioned, you only need to have the 400K on your personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application for your 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason Thai dependent child.

Normally you should be able to do that till 25 September.  So basically this week and next week, to find someone to borrow you 400K for 1 day (day of application).

If you find an Agent to help you with that application in case you do not have the 400K, it should normally also be way cheaper than 25K as it would be a fully legit application fully meeting the requirements.

Thanks, and yes I wasnt aware you only needed the 400K on the day. This could be an option if i can find someone or an agent. 

59 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So i assume the evidence of the 400k would be defined as my bank book print out with that date showing a balance 400k ? 

I should also note that my original entry to the country (back in Feb) was a visa exempt, i then extended by 30 days (normal extension), then by 60 days based on staying with my child. I got lazy last time and just did a border hop into Laos instead of getting the normal Non single O because someone told me the consulate was busy that morning. Does this possible year extension have to be based on my original entry being a Non O or is my current status applicable ?

Thanks

Edited by PhoSai

10 minutes ago, PhoSai said:

So i assume the evidence of the 400k would be defined as my bank book print out with that date showing a balance 400k ? 

I should also note that my original entry to the country (back in Feb) was a visa exempt, i then extended by 30 days (normal extension), then by 60 days based on staying with my child. I got lazy last time and just did a border hop into Laos instead of getting the normal Non single O because someone told me the consulate was busy that morning. Does this possible year extension have to be based on my original entry being a Non O or is my current status applicable ?

Yes, a bank-book showing the 400K being on your account at date of application would be sufficient as evidence that you meet the financial requirements.

But unfortunately, you are presently on an expired Visa Exempt entry with already used 30- and 60-day extensions.  Since you are NOT on a Non Imm O Visa, you cannot apply for the 1-year extension from it. 

And you are not eligible to apply for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa because in order to do that you need at least 15 days left on your permission to stay, and that last application date expired last Friday 11 Sept. 

Also if you get hold of an Embassy Letter and apply for the 'special' extension of stay, it is not sure that your IO would allow you to apply from that Letter for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  But it is obviously worth enquiring about this at your local IO.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, a bank-book showing the 400K being on your account at date of application would be sufficient as evidence that you meet the financial requirements.

But unfortunately, you are presently on an expired Visa Exempt entry with already used 30- and 60-day extensions.  Since you are NOT on a Non Imm O Visa, you cannot apply for the 1-year extension from it. 

And you are not eligible to apply for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa because in order to do that you need at least 15 days left on your permission to stay, and that last application date expired last Friday 11 Sept. 

Also if you get hold of an Embassy Letter and apply for the 'special' extension of stay, it is not sure that your IO would allow you to apply from that Letter for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  But it is obviously worth enquiring about this at your local IO.

Looks like its use an agent or fly back then. 

Thanks for your help. 

4 minutes ago, PhoSai said:

Looks like its use an agent or fly back then. 

Thanks for your help.

I am sorry for your predicament.

I would also suggest enquiring at your local IO re the Embassy Letter to apply for the 'special' extension of stay, and whether that would allow you to use it as a spring-board to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (or string such special extensions until borders open again).

Attached a link re the UK Embassy letter < 1st paragraph and link are of relevance >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182262-don’t-risk-an-overstay-foreigners-in-thailand-urged-to-renew-‘visas’-before-26-sept/?do=findComment&comment=15813797

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I am sorry for your predicament.

I would also suggest enquiring at your local IO re the Embassy Letter to apply for the 'special' extension of stay, and whether that would allow you to use it as a spring-board to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (or string such special extensions until borders open again).

Attached a link re the UK Embassy letter < 1st paragraph and link are of relevance >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182262-don’t-risk-an-overstay-foreigners-in-thailand-urged-to-renew-‘visas’-before-26-sept/?do=findComment&comment=15813797

Thanks again, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhoSai said:

my original entry to the country (back in Feb) was a visa exempt, i then extended by 30 days (normal extension), then by 60 days based on staying with my child.

Sounds like you got the 60 day extension during the amnesty. 

Without the amnsesty it shouldn't have been given, as you already had a 30 day extension on your VE.

So go back to your IO and see about getting another 60 days.

But wait until after Tuesday 15th or 22nd. An extension to the amnesty is likely to be announced on one of these Tuesdays.

If not on the 15th, I would visit immigration to clarify possibilities, then go there after the 22nd, on the off chance the amnesty isn't extended. 

13 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds like you got the 60 day extension during the amnesty. 

Without the amnsesty it shouldn't have been given, as you already had a 30 day extension on your VE.

So go back to your IO and see about getting another 60 days.

But wait until after Tuesday 15th or 22nd. An extension to the amnesty is likely to be announced on one of these Tuesdays.

If not on the 15th, I would visit immigration to clarify possibilities, then go there after the 22nd, on the off chance the amnesty isn't extended. 

Thanks. Yes thats probably how I will play this. With the backup being a rush down to Bangkok to see an agent on the 23rd if the amnesty is not extended. Assuming they can do something so late that is. If not my worst case will be on a plane a few days later without my son ????

Edited by PhoSai
  • Like 1

Take your kids along with you to Chaeng Wattana or Muangthong Thani Temporary Visa office, the earlier the better as the situation isnt too crowded and relax, so you will have more time to chit chat with IOs and she will explain what you need.

Bring all your documents, even if you are not sure if you need those. Personally i would suggest you to go to Muangthong Thani office, less crowded and IOs are very helpful too and based on your case, Muangthong Thani office is where you wanna visit. It's only ~7km away from Chaeng Wattana office, try to go before lunch time.

My case was quite similar as yours, except i had not used my 60 day permit but i already applied for it last week, 70 minutes queue at Chaengwattana then got told to go to Muangthong thani, 10 minutes done at MTT office. The IOs even helped me to carry my crying baby, they helped me photocopy all original documents, they helped me fill out those TM paper, and i only needed to give my signature and 1900 baht, then they taught me what to do 15 days before Nov 25 which is the day of my 60 day permit expires.

You will get more useful info if you go and ask yourself, maybe if you are in luck, you could get things done right away. But remember to take your kids (and wife) along. Would have been much better if you have baby, they will prioritize you in fear for the safety of baby.

Dont go to one of those small provincial immigration offices. You are likely get nothing but bad news and headache.

Best of luck.

5 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Take your kids along with you to Chaeng Wattana or Muangthong Thani Temporary Visa office, the earlier the better as the situation isnt too crowded and relax, so you will have more time to chit chat with IOs and she will explain what you need.

Bring all your documents, even if you are not sure if you need those. Personally i would suggest you to go to Muangthong Thani office, less crowded and IOs are very helpful too and based on your case, Muangthong Thani office is where you wanna visit. It's only ~7km away from Chaeng Wattana office, try to go before lunch time.

My case was quite similar as yours, except i had not used my 60 day permit but i already applied for it last week, 70 minutes queue at Chaengwattana then got told to go to Muangthong thani, 10 minutes done at MTT office. The IOs even helped me to carry my crying baby, they helped me photocopy all original documents, they helped me fill out those TM paper, and i only needed to give my signature and 1900 baht, then they taught me what to do 15 days before Nov 25 which is the day of my 60 day permit expires.

You will get more useful info if you go and ask yourself, maybe if you are in luck, you could get things done right away. But remember to take your kids (and wife) along. Would have been much better if you have baby, they will prioritize you in fear for the safety of baby.

Dont go to one of those small provincial immigration offices. You are likely get nothing but bad news and headache.

Best of luck.

Thanks, but if ive understood you correctly you still had your 60 day extension to play with, I havent. Unless what you mean is try for a 2nd 60 day extension. Which Ive only heard rumours of. It will an option ill try when i go to immigration though. 

17 minutes ago, arfandy said:

It's well-meant advice by you but @PhoSai is residing in Ubon, and hence needs to do his application there. 

He could of course relocate to another province, if the IO there is more accommodating than his local IO.  But when applying for family extensions the relocation process is more difficult than when applying for reason of retirement.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, Eibot said:

Agencies doesn't lend you any money. The 25k will make the financial requirement disappear. 

Agencies doesn't lend you any money. The 25k will make the financial requirement disappear. 

On 9/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Peter Denis said:

"If you find an Agent to help you with that application "in case you do not have the 400K", it should normally also be way cheaper than 25K as it would be a fully legit application fully meeting the requirements."

If he doesn't have the 400k, he's not meeting the requirements. That's what you pay for when using an agent.

• Confused 1