Options after 26/09 based on staying with my child

22 hours ago, arfandy said:

Take your kids along with you to Chaeng Wattana or Muangthong Thani Temporary Visa office, the earlier the better as the situation isnt too crowded and relax, so you will have more time to chit chat with IOs and she will explain what you need.

Bring all your documents, even if you are not sure if you need those. Personally i would suggest you to go to Muangthong Thani office, less crowded and IOs are very helpful too and based on your case, Muangthong Thani office is where you wanna visit. It's only ~7km away from Chaeng Wattana office, try to go before lunch time.

My case was quite similar as yours, except i had not used my 60 day permit but i already applied for it last week, 70 minutes queue at Chaengwattana then got told to go to Muangthong thani, 10 minutes done at MTT office. The IOs even helped me to carry my crying baby, they helped me photocopy all original documents, they helped me fill out those TM paper, and i only needed to give my signature and 1900 baht, then they taught me what to do 15 days before Nov 25 which is the day of my 60 day permit expires.

You will get more useful info if you go and ask yourself, maybe if you are in luck, you could get things done right away. But remember to take your kids (and wife) along. Would have been much better if you have baby, they will prioritize you in fear for the safety of baby.

Dont go to one of those small provincial immigration offices. You are likely get nothing but bad news and headache.

Best of luck.

he used it up... there is no second one

I was in more <deleted> last year, the IO in Samut Prakarn told me to go to my HOME COUNTRY

kid did not need a father !!!!! came out of their mouth

my child explained in THAI that the mother is absent

IO's could not be bothered and did not give a s...

I had 400K in bank, documents, etc... except one paper : Landlord doc (impossible) + they even asked my ex-wife to be there !!!!  she is the one that caused all this .... so no way she would even show up to help...

17 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you are only allowed 1x 60 day per entry...

@PhoSai > Yes there have been 2 reports of IOs that confirmed they would be willing to provide an applicant unable to meet the financial requirements for a 1-year extension of stay, with 60-days extensions of stay for as long as he wasn't able to cross the land-border.

UbonJoe mentioned that the officer in charge of an IO can easily provide such leniency under the Immigration rules.

But obviously not all IOs are willing to do that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, PhoSai said:

Thanks, and yes I did think of using an agency for the 400K problem but as you say I think i'm too late. Serves me right for hanging on I suppose.  

See an agent anyhow..... there are ways of doing things in these times that are 'unusual'!