Pattaya: Rogues still ripping off tourists for parking near Walking Street, reports Thai media

webfact

23 hours ago, Shuya said:

Thai ripping off Thais.... Now they can get the real tourist experience, welcome to the land of smiles! 

Only on this site would people think only farang get ripped off..Its never been about race just about perceived wealth

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

you could say that about most in Pattaya or Thailand for that matter.

Most of the world really ... ???? ..... Human nature .. its how we all have survived.  Some countries 'sound more sophisticated about it' but when the chips are down ... its the same the world over in general me thinks... 

21 hours ago, bodga said:

And when they get into their  cars do they stay so unselfish

NO! I've always said that Thais are great face to face but once they are behind the wheel, they switch that off and become some of the most selfish drivers I've ever encountered. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, Nout said:

Only on this site would people think only farang get ripped off..Its never been about race just about perceived wealth

Pattaya is a tourist destination, therefore, normally it's tourists (farang) getting ripped off.  Due to Covid, there are no tourists here, so statistically they are now ripping off more Thai's.  

It wouldn't matter if it was a Toyota Camry, or BMW, driven by Thai's, these guy would have tried it on.  

You ideology that it's "perceived wealth" is not correct.  This crime has obviously been sanctioned for years, and anyone parking any vehicle there will pay, rich, or poor, perceived, or not.    

On 9/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, jacko45k said:

I recall a tale in the Uk I believe, how a guy set up a box and was charging people to enter and park on some spare land for some years. Only when he suddenly was no longer there was it uncovered that he did not work for the concil and of course had no right to collect parking fees. Apprently he had gone off to Spain in retirement.

Everyone knows LOS means 'Land of Scams'.....

One I heard from Glasgow years ago a guy who worked at Cathcart railway station in the ticket office. When people bought an expensive seaon ticket and paid by cheque he told them to make it out to

B R Cathcart. He had an acount in that name. Got too greedy and got caught. 

True or not I'm not sure.

• Haha 1