New Passport Docs

If you have been issues a new passport then you should have also received a paper requesting Thai Immigration Office to 'transfer' (put new stamps) for your existing permission to stay into your new passport.

The TM6 Arrival/Departure Card and TM30 Notification of Address should then be moved over into the new passport.

Suggest you keep the OLD and NEW passport rubberbanded together and present both when interacting with any Immigration Office official as the old passport number will stay in effect until you leave the country and cancel your current permission-to-stay.

If you have been issued a new passport number you may wish to also update other documents tied to the old (now expired) passport, such as Thai Bank Accounts. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, RichCor said:

If you have been issues a new passport then you should have also received a paper requesting Thai Immigration Office to 'transfer' (put new stamps) for your existing permission to stay into your new passport.

The TM6 Arrival/Departure Card and TM30 Notification of Address should then be moved over into the new passport.

Suggest you keep the OLD and NEW passport rubberbanded together and present both when interacting with any Immigration Office official as the old passport number will stay in effect until you leave the country and cancel your current permission-to-stay.

If you have been issued a new passport number you may wish to also update other documents tied to the old (now expired) passport, such as Thai Bank Accounts. 

Does anyone have a checklist of people to notify of new passport number? Banks I know about, driving licence (not really necessary I'm told) and any more?

13 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Does anyone have a checklist of people to notify of new passport number? Banks I know about, driving licence (not really necessary I'm told) and any more?

I cannot not think of anything more you would need to have your passport number changed for unless you are working here.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, RichCor said:

Our new passport number is in effect as soon as we transfer current stay into it.  There is no need to leave the country or cancel current permission to stay.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Our new passport number is in effect as soon as we transfer current stay into it.  There is no need to leave the country or cancel current permission to stay.

All my printed/returned IO forms still present with my first passport number I used on entering. I'm only stating this will continue to occur until....

8 minutes ago, RichCor said:

All my printed/returned IO forms still present with my first passport number I used on entering. I'm only stating this will continue to occur until....

The only form I get from immigration is 90 day receipt and that has my current passport number, issued in 2018, and last entered 2 passports ago.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RichCor said:

All my printed/returned IO forms still present with my first passport number I used on entering. I'm only stating this will continue to occur until...

I got my new passport in 2013 and none my info at immigration has my old passport number on it since I went to immigration to have my stamps transferred to the new one from the old one.

Immigration has not seen my old passport since that day.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Immigration advised me that online 90 day reporting may not work with the new passport number until you leave and return, but just to keep using the old passport number for now.

I will find out in 4 weeks time if this is the case or not.

According to @Yorkie's reports at posts #5580 & #5581 on the pinned thread, you should be OK with using your new passport number for your next online report. Relevant link to the page containing post #5580 below:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page/372/#comments

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

DDDave in 2018 suggested updating Service Providers like TRUE (TV, Internet) or Mobile Phone Providers who may require you present your physical passport to prove account ownership when requesting services (such as asking for a replacement SIM Card for a lost phone). This is small stuff, really.

If you have a Condo rental or ownership you might want to have those records updated.

A side note: Several married ThaiVisa posters mention needing to retain passports from the time they were married in order to successfully file for quick/easy divorce.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:50 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 8/3/2020 at 4:19 PM, pontious said:

Jomtien office- I have transferred my stamps  to new passport. Will the 90 day report barcode [old passport ] automatically print my new passport number.?

I suspect it will have your old passport number unless they informed the section that does 90 day reports about your new passport number.

I suspect this may be my issue. I got the new passport in February but waited until just recently to have the stamps 'moved over'. My last 90-day still has my previous passport number in the barcode.

38 minutes ago, RichCor said:

DDDave in 2018 suggested updating Service Providers like TRUE (TV, Internet) or Mobile Phone Providers who may require you present your physical passport to prove account ownership when requesting services (such as asking for a replacement SIM Card for a lost phone). This is small stuff, really.

If you have a Condo rental or ownership you might want to have those records updated.

A side note: Several married ThaiVisa posters mention needing to retain passports from the time they were married in order to successfully file for quick/easy divorce.

I suspect this may be my issue. I got the new passport in February but waited until just recently to have the stamps 'moved over'. My last 90-day still has my previous passport number in the barcode.

I informed the 90 day IO it was a new passport and she entered the new number in her computer and printed the report. All done.

41 minutes ago, pontious said:

I informed the 90 day IO it was a new passport and she entered the new number in her computer and printed the report. All done.

I just 'assumed' this would happen when they entered the new stamps... guess I was wrong (as usual, especially when it comes to predicting what an immigration office will or won't do). 

Just as an aside, I submitted my renewal application on 2nd September at Trendy. They said about 4 weeks, and I got an email saying the application was sent to UK on 3rd. On 18th I got first an email saying it could take anything up to 8 more weeks to process, then an email saying my new passport was waiting for collection at Trendy. So, just over 2 weeks in the end, excluding appointment queue.

• Haha 1

I renewed my passport this year, went to Phang Nga immigration with both passports and got a stamp in the new one indicating the transfer my non-B to the new passport.

Just make sure you have a letter from your embassy/consulate indicting the renewal, my consulate provided it free of charge but some charge you for it.

Immigration kept the letter, filled forms and stamped the new passport - they didn't do anything with the TM6, just stapled it in the new passport, and told me to keep the old passport (bundled with a rubber band) until I got a new visa.

Edited by bjaz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bjaz said:

I renewed my passport this year, went to Phang Nga immigration with both passports and got a stamp in the new one indicating the transfer my non-B to the new passport.

I'm assuming you had a work permit tied to your non-B, did you have to file separate paperwork to update it as well when you got the new passport?

35 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I'm assuming you had a work permit tied to your non-B, did you have to file separate paperwork to update it as well when you got the new passport?

Yes I did have a WP, but there was no need to update the wp it if I just kept both passports bundled together - this might might be because my work permit expired before my non-B, or because I only had a few months left on these anyway, so double check.