Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

OPEN LETTER: Foreigners with local businesses face impossible financial demands and regulations

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, NightSky said:

The government bank has stopped collecting mortgage payments until next February 2021, im not sure is some of the other banks are doing the same thing?

 

it was a pleasant surprise for the wife when she checked her account

SCB are still collecting my mortgage payments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
5 hours ago, NightSky said:

The government bank has stopped collecting mortgage payments until next February 2021, im not sure is some of the other banks are doing the same thing?

 

it was a pleasant surprise for the wife when she checked her account

SCB are still collecting my mortgage payments.

 

SCB are not collecting our mortgage. Wife applied for Mortgage relief 4 months ago when the announcements were made that this was possible.

The mortgage relief was supposed to end this month and we were supposed to pay our mortgage. 

However, there was no such requirement / outstanding payment due this month. 

 

Thus, its seems the ‘mortgage relief’ may have been extended for those who initially applied for relief a few months ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, Oldie said:

It is for sure a bad situation. But I never understood why people come to Thailand to make money. If they can do it here it would have been much easier to be and to stay successful in their home country. Thailand is a place to spend money but not to make it. 

 

I have been in business in Thailand for nearly 14 years and have made on average 1.4 million baht per year, I also have several Friends who are also running successful business here in Thailand.  Talking of running a business in their home country - have you actually seen the vast amount of businesses that have folded?  The issue is not only contained to Thailand, but there again, if you had applied a little bit of thought and research before writing this rubbish, you would realise how silly you have made yourself look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I have been in business in Thailand for nearly 14 years and have made on average 1.4 million baht per year, I also have several Friends who are also running successful business here in Thailand.


Your successful business made 1.4 million baht per year?

Did you mean dollars?
 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

foreigners who have spent millions of baht launching a businesses in Phuket

if you have to start with MILLIONS ...  

 

how do thais start a business...   no need for 2 million baht investment, 50k salary, 4 thais, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

You clearly speak through a hole in your orifice!  I have been in business in Thailand for nearly 14 years and have made on average 1.4 million baht per year, I also have several Friends who are also running successful business here in Thailand.  Talking of running a business in their home country - have you actually seen the vast amount of businesses that have folded?  The issue is not only contained to Thailand, but there again, if you had applied a little bit of thought and research before writing this rubbish, you would realise how silly you have made yourself look.

1.4 million a year. You must be so rich. But if converted to USD that is not much. You are a poor person if you can't afford to stay in Thailand without working. And if I look at your choice of words that you use I guess you are in the bar business. But anyhow. I enjoy the quiet time without many tourists here. I hope you can enjoy it too. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billythehat said:

Sir, could you please expand on your own miraculous business model here? An ‘average’ of THB 1.4m (about £35k) per annum is somewhat slim pickings after deducting the costs of running a proper business.

 

56 minutes ago, Oldie said:

1.4 million a year. You must be so rich. But if converted to USD that is not much. You are a poor person if you can't afford to stay in Thailand without working.

Things like profit on a Thai business should be considered relative to the business being in Thailand, it's actually a fine profit, when thinking of how many retired expats that have problems with funding a 800k baht deposit, or showing monthly transfers of 65k baht during a year; 1.4 million is almost the double of 800k baht, and almost 117k baht a month, well done...👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are thousands of us in the same boat.Recapitalize or walk away.

This is no Nanny state which we knew when we started

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

 

Things like profit on a Thai business should be considered relative to the business being in Thailand, it's actually a fine profit, when thinking of how many retired expats that have problems with funding a 800k baht deposit, or showing monthly transfers of 65k baht during a year; 1.4 million is almost the double of 800k baht, and almost 117k baht a month, well done...👍

I have no problems with people working here. I just have problems with the words he used as response.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

 

It will be a shock when she has to pay the back payments after Feb 2021, With interest on money not paid.

No back payments to pay. Not sure about interest but it wouldn't make a difference on a 25 year mortgage anyhow. I doubt extra interest will be charged...

 

..the break from paying mortgage for almost 1 year is very much a good  and well received.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...