The Phoenix rising from the ashes....

swissie

2 hours ago, Michaelaway said:

Dream on, McDuff.

I am not "dreaming on". But many long term Farangs are. By the time the Phoenix rises from the ashes, it will not be "Farang-Strong-Hands" that will benefit, unless your name is Apple, Microsoft or Toyota.
Surely, after "the virus", certain changes will even be implemented in Thailand. But not really affecting Long-Term Farangs in a positive way. The unsurpassable wall called "Thai Rak Thai" will remain intact.

Long overdue: Permanent residency should finally be granted for Farangs that have supported a Thai-Family for the last 235 years. Like in every other civilised country. Not going to happen in Thailand. It's those long-term Farangs that need to keep "dreaming-on".

Frequent Tourists never had any reason to "dream-on". They arrived at the Airport "how nice to be here". After a 4 week holiday they said "how nice to go back home again". This is called "Tourism".
After the Virus: Rinse and repeat. Nothing will have changed.

Especially when the "Thai-Authorities" realize, that it will be far cheaper to "re-start" Pattaya as it were, instead of trying to turn Walking-Street and it's surroundings into a "productive-industrialized-zone.????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/14/new-antibody-drug-added-to-oxford-university-trial-of-covid-19-treatments

Looks very hopeful. Already been trialed with 2000 patients in UK. Given to patients who develop serious Covid symptoms.

Combined with the Oxford Uni/Astra Zenica vaccine, offers optimism for 2021.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

An unattributed post has been removed along with replies.

If you cant back up your statement with a bonafide link then please do not post it. Thank you

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:50 AM, swissie said:

I am not "dreaming on". But many long term Farangs are. By the time the Phoenix rises from the ashes, it will not be "Farang-Strong-Hands" that will benefit, unless your name is Apple, Microsoft or Toyota.
Surely, after "the virus", certain changes will even be implemented in Thailand. But not really affecting Long-Term Farangs in a positive way. The unsurpassable wall called "Thai Rak Thai" will remain intact.

Long overdue: Permanent residency should finally be granted for Farangs that have supported a Thai-Family for the last 235 years. Like in every other civilised country. Not going to happen in Thailand. It's those long-term Farangs that need to keep "dreaming-on".

Frequent Tourists never had any reason to "dream-on". They arrived at the Airport "how nice to be here". After a 4 week holiday they said "how nice to go back home again". This is called "Tourism".
After the Virus: Rinse and repeat. Nothing will have changed.

Especially when the "Thai-Authorities" realize, that it will be far cheaper to "re-start" Pattaya as it were, instead of trying to turn Walking-Street and it's surroundings into a "productive-industrialized-zone.????

I'll not be surprised at all if Pattaya carries on from where it left off- still broken and floods after a thimble full of rain.

The difference will, IMO, be that it's a Chinese tourist city, which is where it was heading anyway. Once the railway from China is opened expect the horde to really arrive. Only the advance guard have been there as of last year.

10 hours ago, DLock said:

Don't worry, the same Thai's who ripped you off before the virus and begging for your help now, will rip you off again once this is all over.

We saw this after the tsunami in Phuket. 

They begged tourists to return, telling tourists to not feel they would be taking advantage of them during  difficult time, and what happened after they returned, the locals went straight back to the cheating, overpricing, scamming, extorting and assaulting them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

We saw this after the tsunami in Phuket. 

They begged tourists to return, telling tourists to not feel they would be taking advantage of them during  difficult time, and what happened after they returned, the locals went straight back to the cheating, overpricing, scamming, extorting and assaulting them.  

" We".  - were you actually there, did you personally see it in Phuket, I thought you live in Pattaya?   What is your personal experience of Phuket? 

3 minutes ago, kinyara said:

" We".  - were you actually there, did you personally see it in Phuket, I thought you live in Pattaya?   What is your personal experience of Phuket? 

I visited Phuket and Pattaya several times before the tsunami.  When finally moving here full time, I decided on Pattaya.

I saw it first hand.  

Phuket aka "Pirate Island" is well know for its unfriendliness.  

How many times have you been to Phuket?  How long have you stayed there?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I visited Phuket and Pattaya several times before the tsunami.  When finally moving here full time, I decided on Pattaya.

I saw it first hand.  

So how long in total did you live in Phuket, how long did you experience life in Phuket pre tsunami and post tsunami?  

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

So how long in total did you live in Phuket, how long did you experience life in Phuket pre tsunami and post tsunami?  

Usually 30 days at a time, a few times a year, over several years.  Pre and post tsunami.  i did stay 90 days on one occasion.  

What about you?

Edited by Leaver

15 hours ago, DLock said:

Don't worry, the same Thai's who ripped you off before the virus and begging for your help now, will rip you off again once this is all over.

Paranoid nonsense. Have you ever been here? Only really dumb people get ripped of here. Only aggressive trouble makers get beaten up here. Only blatan drug users get busted here.

43 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I saw it first hand.  

You are correct about Phuket. The Muslims there give of a very anti white vibe but in Pattaya the Isaan people are more honest and more friendly

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Usually 30 days at a time, a few times a year, over several years.  Pre and post tsunami.  i did stay 90 days on one occasion.  

So you were basically a regular tourist to Phuket, but I do take my hat off to you having you're finger on the pulse with a 90 day trip once. 

1 minute ago, kinyara said:

So you were basically a regular tourist to Phuket, but I do take my hat off to you having you're finger on the pulse with a 90 day trip once. 

And your time and experience in Phuket is.........................................

6 hours ago, Nout said:

Paranoid nonsense. Have you ever been here? Only really dumb people get ripped of here. Only aggressive trouble makers get beaten up here. Only blatan drug users get busted here.

What planet are you living on.

Everyone is subject to double their pricing, ripped off, just lookout the national parks.

I had a friend stabbed in Pattaya for " being white".

there was also a case of a young bar owner who had a security guard pull a gun on him because he parked his scooter in the wrong place, which was outside the bar he owns.This was reported on this very forum.

as for the drug thing................. now you are just being silly.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

I was here at the time and recall some desperation asking people to come visit Phuket, and I did indeed take a flight down there.... same day I had Tuk-Tuk drivers ripping me off and the dodgy taxis were at the airport.

• Like 1