Krung Thai Bank System Update - FAIL

I am locked out of my Krung Thai internet banking account after entering the correct account name and password 3 times. The system said one of them was wrong each time.

At Krung Thai bank in Chalong, Phuket it took an hour to be seen and two hours more for the staff to try - but finally give up - to unlock the account. The staff said there'd been a system update and many people had a problem logging in.

So after giving up at 4:30 - when the bank closed - I tried to use the ATM machine to unlock the account, but after I entered my phone number to receive the OTP code, the ATM reported an error.

Fortunately, the money is still there and I could withdraw some.

I'm surprised no one else has reported the problem here.

Edited by JetsetBkk
Typo

Will need to check tomorrow morning. But I am also locked out of using their NEXT mobile app on my iPhone at the moment. I can log in ok but when I click on any “feature” a message pops up that I need to update to the latest version. Problem is that they have not made the latest version avail to my “local app store” which is still the UK one. Never had an issue with updates in recent years and wonder if they have just “forgotten” to make the latest version available in all app store markets or whether they deliberately excluded all non-Thai app stores. The latter doesn’t make sense to me but who knows.... 

7 hours ago, kokesaat said:

I just logged in on my samsung phone from the US.  No problems.  Logged out and logged in again to check.  No problems.

Would be interesting to hear from iPhone users, too.

12 hours ago, DUS said:

Will need to check tomorrow morning. But I am also locked out of using their NEXT mobile app on my iPhone at the moment. I can log in ok but when I click on any “feature” a message pops up that I need to update to the latest version. Problem is that they have not made the latest version avail to my “local app store” which is still the UK one. Never had an issue with updates in recent years and wonder if they have just “forgotten” to make the latest version available in all app store markets or whether they deliberately excluded all non-Thai app stores. The latter doesn’t make sense to me but who knows.... 

The bank staff wanted my phone and started looking for the KTB "app". I explained that I was using their web site on my computer, so they gave it back. I think they had many other people there with their phones and were helping them.

At one point I had the girl on my counter helping me, plus the girl at counter 4 next door and at counter 2. They were all trying to get through to head office to get it sorted. I only log in every few weeks just to download the account balance and add it to my spreadsheet which I started in March 2004. So I guess one screw-up in 16 years ain't too bad. ????

10 hours ago, kokesaat said:

I just logged in on my samsung phone from the US.  No problems.  Logged out and logged in again to check.  No problems.

Does anyone else use their web site?

Perhaps it's being "depricated", what with the current obsession with mobile phones.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Does anyone else use their web site?

Perhaps it's being "depricated", what with the current obsession with mobile phones

That is kind of what CIMB did.  They shut down the website, and upgraded the app.  I was just caught off guard, about ten minutes before a four day holiday, doing a transfer.  It took one call.  They likely warned us, in Thai, and they don't know how to use email for ####.  Standard MO is for them to force you to update it, before you can comets a time sensitive transaction.

• Like 1

Just a quick follow-up with regards to KTB´s iPhone app. 

I had sent an email asking about the missing app in any of the "non-Thailand" app stores. They replied today, saying that new T&Cs would no longer allow them to make the iPhone app available in any other Apple app store than that of Thailand. Consequently, they recommended changing my App store to Thailand. Well, that´s not going to happen anytime soon for me, so I can no longer use mobile banking with KTB. Shame, I used the app a lot in the past. I guess I will now move the funds over to my account with Krungsri and hope that any future update there will not be limited to the Thailand App store. We/I will see.....

1 hour ago, DUS said:

I had sent an email asking about the missing app in any of the "non-Thailand" app stores. They replied today, saying that new T&Cs would no longer allow them to make the iPhone app available in any other Apple app store than that of Thailand. Consequently, they recommended changing my App store to Thailand. Well, that´s not going to happen anytime soon for me, so I can no longer use mobile banking with KTB. Shame, I used the app a lot in the past. I guess I will now move the funds over to my account with Krungsri and hope that any future update there will not be limited to the Thailand App store. We/I will see.....

Why not change it to get the app, then change it back.  Same <deleted> happens the other way..Citi comes to mind.  Most of the global banks are actually mostly country specific.

3 hours ago, moontang said:
4 hours ago, DUS said:

Why not change it to get the app, then change it back.  Same <deleted> happens the other way..Citi comes to mind.  Most of the global banks are actually mostly country specific.

That reminds me of my UK bank - Nationwide. I've been with them for 20 odd years and they kept bothering me to try their banking app.

I looked for it on Play Store but couldn't find it.

So I sent them a secure message via their website asking them where it was and they told me it's not available outside the UK.

I went to the bank again yesterday. More frantic typing into the computer by the staff and phone calls to head office. After about 45 minutes I got a brand new shiny password for my account SMS'd to me on my phone. Yippee!

Rushed home and tried it on my fully updated Windows 10 Pro PC using the latest Google Chrome browser and... and... I got another SMS on my phone: "Your Internet Banking has been logged on"!!

Yippee!

Looked back at the PC screen. A "Please waiting" message was displayed for the next 15 minutes, until I closed the browser. Never did get access.

Back to the bank today.

Didn't go to the bank. Instead I tried one more time on my Win 10 Pro PC, this time using Firefox browser. I got the usual "Logged in" SMS (and email) and a "Change Password" screen appeared, so I did it:

233728684_ChangePasswordKrungThaismall.jpg.e48ef36eedb88fc8bf0087720cc9955f.jpg

And then got this message:

901329397_Passworderror.jpg.cc351264e8b93e6f9d19d9cb37117f2c.jpg

But, as my Firefox is set up to normally create new tabs and doesn't delete previous tabs, I went back to the previous tab and saw this:

364301767_PasswordChangeOKKrungThaismall.jpg.f0ef5adb1741b1c603c23aeda02d4f13.jpg

So the error was probably a Firefox / Tab / Script problem. I've seen that before with Firefox - I want Firefox to always create new tabs, but some processes don't work on the new tab. 

So I logged in OK - even on a different PC - and all appears OK.

The problem last night with the "Please waiting" message was probably because the new temporary password they sent me hadn't been fully implemented at their end.

I just hope the people who screwed up the system originally and forced me to change my password aren't allowed anywhere near the actual money processing.