When to expect a new announcement?

11 days to go now...When to expect a new announcement?

Will they come with a new announcement if the amnesty is not extended or will it only happen if a new extension is given?

What should be my/the deadline for booking a flight elsewhere?

Also, will 27th Sep count as the first day of a overstay or am I on a 6 months overstay from the 27th Sep?

• Like 1

I would think if its coming it would be today. I can't imagine they wait till next Tuesday and say oh yeah everyone your good to stay dont go home in 3 days! 

Their was a recent statement about not waiting to the last minute to go down to immigration to extend or change visas.. Seems like most embassies are already giving letters. They may just leave it as a get letter and extend for 1900 for 30 day thing. That could be why so many consulates changed their stance on giving letters.

Edited by lovesthespicy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It is my opinion that the amnesty will be extended.

This conclusion is based on the current economic environment going forward and further uncertainty about COVID numbers from outside Thailand. 

I anticipate the amnesty may be extended for another two months.  imo 

The amnesty should be extended, for many reasons already discussed, but will they lose face by doing so?  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am a little less confident compared to the last one but still thinking another extension will done. 

I think immigration know their are still a lot of people stuck here with no options to extend longer or get a flight back home.

Thank you, really appreciate your work here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Richard Burrow doesn't think there be an extension and he didn't push for one last the previous times. 

UbonJoe thinks it'll be happen. 

I am not sure. .

I hope so.  

His opinion is based on embassy letters, not a new thing and people were extending prior to the last extension. 

• Like 2