When to expect a new announcement?

7 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Richard Burrow doesn't think there be an extension and he didn't push for one last like the previous times. 

UbonJoe thinks it'll be happen. 

I am not sure. .

I hope so.  

Would not be free, for sure.

I would say the tourist 9 months visa (but it's still cheap), or a special visa inside Thailand, more expensive but more than the poor 30 days with problematic document (i hope).

11 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:
17 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

His opinion is based on embassy letters, not a new thing and people were extending prior to the last extension. 

Didn't he also say a month or two back that his visa wasn't getting renewed so he has to leave Thailand? That sure panned out, LOL.

yes, he has been saying basically the same thing since May.  He even used to say the amnesty might be ended early.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

We need media pressure and people pressure to help get it extended.  Email and write to local media.  That's a large part of what it has been extended in the past.  We need the media to help.  

I sent an email after the PM read the German’s open letter. Maybe fell on deaf ears, who knows ????

• Like 2

I personally dont wait amnesty, i would like to see visas with ease (not so strickt rules about income etc) in the end the main thing is that they get criminals out, and knows where the herd is.

Embassy of Finland kind of laugh about that embassy letter, it should not be another countries job to give any recommend about staying in foreign country, its all about thai government to say who stays...

Yes it would make it easier if EU (communist party of europe)

Would give those letters, but i understand their diplomacy.

Non im b visa, cannot renew in country, many of us have no income enough to show. For those who has similar visas i expect something to come soon. Think about how many have tourist linked business here with non imm b visas, its going to be ghost towns all around if many needs to leave just because cannot renew inside....

No all of us are rich, fellow westerners should understand in here atleast, i wont expect that understanding from some thais.

Offtopic but, i was talking with my neighbor last month and he wont still believe that i was timber in Finland. 55 aikwai

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Will probably be extended 2 months at a time. 

No borders are open.

You cannot just jump on a flight home. 

Amnesty extension is easier than easing the process of 30, 60, or 90 day extensions.  

In 2 months time, on month into the European and North American winter, I fear the winter wave of Covid is going to be massive. 

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

No borders are open.

Amnesty extension is easier than easing the process of 30, 60, or 90 day extensions.  

In 2 months time, on month into the European and North American winter, I fear the winter wave of Covid is going to be massive. 

100% with confusing directives and the but-my-freedoms eejit’s. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It doesn’t impact me one way or another. 

However, unlike you, I don’t like to see people struggling unnecessarily to remain with their families, especially at this time of pandemic where travelling to ones home country entails further risk of contracting covid. 

So, I do care. I care that the government of the country I am living can see to ease the burden for foreigners and not continue to make things difficult for I know not when my status here becomes compromised on the whim of some poor decision making by those in positions of decision making power. 

And So, I do hope to see the amnesty extended, not for me, but for those who need it. 

That said, this time round the announcements have bene unflinching and seem to concentrate not on keeping tourists in country, but getting small numbers of fresh tourists. Those living here with visa complications seem completely forgotten, ignored or just uncared about with a degree of careless indifference. 

It also seems that there are a number of posters making statements based on wishful thinking. 

It would be foolish of anyone to plan for or rely on an amnesty extension this late in the game. 

Such a nice man.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

No borders are open.

Anyone from Europe or North America can just jump on a flight home (Etihad, Emirates, KLM, Eva to name a few). It's only a few nationalities like Australians who have an issue. Also other countries are no longer offering a blanket visa extension but require people to jump through a few hoops first so it seems likely Thailand will do the same.

• Like 2

How about you just take note of the last few announcements which were basically sort your visa or leave by 26 sept with announcements afterwards giving you warning not to leave it to the last Minuit.

the only new announcements you may get today is about this new 9 month visa........but it’s likely you apply for that from outside thailand as it’s a visa to encourage new tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrMilk said:

... What should be my/the deadline for booking a flight elsewhere?

Having been actively tracking flight availability since the first member asked this imponderable question maybe five weeks ago, the flight booking deadline was about 21 days ago. The prices for non-stops and one-stops to most European hubs have either gone up or are already sold out.

1 minute ago, bwoy32 said:

Everybody took note last time, then last minute extension. It’s incredibly naive to think the snippets of info are gospel and not an attempt to force panic, agents, and all the subsequent money it brings. 

You can hold out waiting and hoping for an amnesty extension .

That is a luxury for those who can get visa extensions from immigration .

Those who cannot do that , have been left with a choice of either getting a long term visa or leaving by the 26 th and as new long term visas  take  a few weeks to process , we cant wait until the last minute to apply for them .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, taninthai said:

How about you just take note of the last few announcements which were basically sort your visa or leave by 26 sept with announcements afterwards giving you warning not to leave it to the last Minuit.

the only new announcements you may get today is about this new 9 month visa........but it’s likely you apply for that from outside thailand as it’s a visa to encourage new tourists.

Please refer any announcements from the government/PM as I think there haven't been any. As ben said time & again immigration is not an official government body as was proven with the last extension in July ????

• Like 1