When to expect a new announcement?

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

You should be able to get an embassy letter for another 30 days. Have you used the 60 day extension?

No I have not used the 60 day extension I have a Non O ME visa the Chumphon Immiigration refused me on not having 400k in the bank. They seem to have no interest in foreigners here. My wife is from Nong Khai my yellow book and pink card were issued in Nong Khai. Should I try Bangkok or Nong Khai may be?

I just applied for an embassy letter.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My gf say "you wolly to much. Evelything is going to wolk out". Just have to trust her, she is the Local after all

I am a little less confident compared to the last one but still thinking another extension will be done.  I think immigration know their are still a lot of people stuck here with no options to ex

The TAT is struggling to get new tourists, and the few who have been here - corvid free - since months, should get out. As so often here, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WhateverDude said:

You're right, you don't know. I've been talking with ACS at the embassy on almost a weekly basis over the past 3 months. You've been reading their "announcements".

They were sticking to that tune until about the middle/end of August. That's when they finally figured out that telling Americans to fly back to the US in its hot zone state was essentially a stupid idea. They figured out that it would come back to haunt them later.

Why do you think that they finally started issuing letters again? Rest assured that it was because of people like me who had been bugging them about it for months.

What else don't you know?

The US embassy is simply side-stepping the issue that is with Thai immigration. They have repeatedly said what flights are available and may not last forever. They have advised Americans to go home. As far as the hysteria of "Hot Zone" it's greatly exaggerated IMO. That is unless your going back to a nursing home. 

Most of the complainers want to stay in Thailand for whatever reason and don't have the proper visa for that purpose.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, adrianb said:

No I have not used the 60 day extension I have a Non O ME visa the Chumphon Immiigration refused me on not having 400k in the bank. They seem to have no interest in foreigners here. My wife is from Nong Khai my yellow book and pink card were issued in Nong Khai. Should I try Bangkok or Nong Khai may be?

I just applied for an embassy letter.

You can use the embassy letter to springboard to a long term visa based on marriage. This should give you enough time to leave the cash in the bank, or you can show 40k monthly deposits from abroad into a thai bank account (your account).

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

or you can show 40k monthly deposits from abroad into a thai bank account (your account).

How many monthly transfers are you thinking is required? Some imm offices are requiring 12. If someone can provide the  400k in bank for couple months only, then good/safe way to go.

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

You can use the embassy letter to springboard to a long term visa based on marriage. This should give you enough time to leave the cash in the bank, or you can show 40k monthly deposits from abroad into a thai bank account (your account).

A year ago I was strictly using my ATM from Singapoe to get cash. I am unsure if I deposited enough of it then in my Thai banks. There was a 4 month period this year with zero deposits. The last 3 months over 200k directly into my bank. Money seems to come and go, but I spend a lot more than 40k a month here.

Where should I try? Chumphon I rent a place by the sea, but the immigration here are unhelpful. Should Igo and try MTT in Bangkok or somewhere else?

45 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

only Thais will be illegible

Lovely.

Seriously there may be no more official government announcements before the 26th at all, of course there may, speculation won't help. Be prepared for any outcome.

• Like 2
On 9/15/2020 at 11:06 AM, Ganesh108 said:

You never lose face by showing kindness.

Since when has Thai immigration ever shown any kindness, or common sense?

Pre Covid, I think their 30 day visa exemption stamp is fair, but anything else and it's hoops to jump through and money to pay. 

As for supplying a hand drawn map and a photo of you at the house, how ridiculous.   

29 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

A pity that Thailand doesn't want to benefit from the $ spent by "long-term tourists" already inside the country, but instead spend time crafting schemes to attract new ones. It's also a pity that many fellow members of TVF cannot comprehend that either.

I couldn't agree more. However, I think we must accept that the new visa arrangements, with quarantine and insurance, are crafted to allow"new visitors, or more properly, new money. A consortium have exerted their influence to set up a scheme whereby a limited number of high spending tourists will be allowed to enter the country for longish periods. They will purchase insurance from certain companies, stay in quarantine facilities provided by certain companies, and stay in hotels and resorts owned by certain companies. No doubt those certain companies comprise the consortium which has arranged this visa. It has nothing to do with allowing those wanting to renew or extend visas, whether inside the country or locked out of the country.

Put bluntly, those with influence perceive no benefit to themselves from those wanting to renew or extend visas, so they don't care. 

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If you get to know traditions here, many families consider the ceremony with the monk to be of paramount importance.  

The "legal" bit with the amphoe is just some paper-signing - often with the usual brown-envelope payoff routine, to not reject you over and over on nonsense. 

It's not just immigration doing this - ask you local Thai about the parts of the bureaucracy they have to deal with.

Yes I think this is what I was implying - you can be married without having completed the legally recognized paperwork

On 9/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, Sambotte said:

They would lose face by having hundred or thousands foreigners "expelled" during the covid thing...

They would see this as showing strength.

Would look very stupid too with saying on another hand they look for tourists to come back but fear virus..

Wouldn't be the first time Thai's cut their nose off to spite their face.

Actually if a reasonable solution is annonced, they save face.

Yes, reasonable to them, not the stranded tourists.  

I think 99% foreigners would not mind paying a serious fee to have an official visa, but directly and without various nonsense requirements, stress and uncertainties.

I agree, but that money goes straight to the government.  No black money for immigration officers that way.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, WhateverDude said:

Maybe because there's a global pandemic going on and a lot of people (like me) are essentially stuck where they are because of it?

So because we're essentially stuck here, does that mean that we deserve to be exploited, bilked, or threatened?

And maybe, just maybe... letting people like us, who can feasibly stay without taking unnecessary risks to repatriate, constitutes a win-win for all parties involved?

The crappy attitudes that some of you self-entitled farang have on this forum, it just boggles the mind.

People like you need to get over yourselves. You have no right nor cause to pontificate on other people's unique situations that you clearly know nothing about.

I am sorry but I really object to this notion that you are "stuck here". You make it sound like an EMP has disabled all air travel.

No one is stuck here. Qatar, KLM etc are flying out. This "me, me, me" attitude, where you think the world and Thailand has to take care of you, is too much.

You tell us to get over ourselves, however you are the one who wants the world to come to your rescue. You call us self entitled, yet you are the one who wants Thailand to let you stay and take care of you.

Pot kettle black.

As for there being a global pandemic, again, let's keep it relative. You've a higher statistical likelihood of dying of a traffic accident in Thailand than you do of Covid.

Excuses, excuses.

Who is exploiting you? You can get on a plane tomorrow. So how are you being exploited?

16 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Since when has Thai immigration ever shown any kindness, or common sense?

Pre Covid, I think their 30 day visa exemption stamp is fair, but anything else and it's hoops to jump through and money to pay. 

As for supplying a hand drawn map and a photo of you at the house, how ridiculous.   

I have no issue with Thailand. Strange you do. 

30 day visa exempt is not available for most Asean countries. Also they can be extended. 

Do couple border bounces and extend etc etc. Perfect for tourists longer term.

Hand drawn map forMarriage, do one once and photocopy for future extension.

I don't know many countries where you can arrive enter visa exempt then marry your internet mate, stick 13,000 usd into a Thai bank for couple of months and live here on annual extensions. 

And all that's too hard for you. Sad.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, WhateverDude said:

Why would I or anyone else in their right mind want to repatriate to a country that's a hot zone? My embassy issued me and other Americans letters because they came to the realization that for us to try to repatriate now would be just plain STUPID.

And there you go again with that hilariously stupid farang bs. Making positively idiotic judgement calls on things that you know absolutely NOTHING about.

I've been trying to effectively leave Thailand to get to any place that can be deemed "safe" to arrive and without having to go through any unnecessary quarantine or any other bs for months now. Hasn't panned out. Again, I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks just because I would like to go somewhere else.

And what the HELL are you talking about regarding "repatriation efforts going on for half a year now"? Are you drunk or something? 😄

Most of the developed world was in LOCKDOWN for at least 3-4 months starting in March. Europe only started reopening in early June and by most accounts it has been a dismal failure. Most of the US reopened way too soon in most of the country, thus causing a massive spike in cases/deaths with no end in sight. Any repatriation efforts going on at that time were a joke at best.

So yeah... just stop. You're making an idiot of yourself out here.

A "hot zone". Geez. Covid is not dangerous. I've had cancer numerous times. Stuff happens. Life goes on. This virus is nothing to be scared of.