When to expect a new announcement?

16 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

Everybody took note last time, then last minute extension. It’s incredibly naive to think the snippets of info are gospel and not an attempt to force panic, agents, and all the subsequent money it brings. 

Completely agree. The whole visa situation was built on corruption. It’s designed to be difficult and annoying so you just use an agent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Having been actively tracking flight availability since the first member asked this imponderable question maybe five weeks ago, the flight booking deadline was about 21 days ago. The prices for non-stops and one-stops to most European hubs have either gone up or are already sold out.

I don't know which route you monitor but for my case (EU) prices are very stable or with slight decreases as new carriers come onboard so this aspect is not a worry surprisingly. The people sitting on the fence are probably much less than it may appear ????
~12-15,000THB OW

I'd like to know though as 26th is a saturday usually grace is enjoyed till next opening day of immigration for ones stay before overstay is incurred i.e. one could still apply for extension on Monday 28th I assume but how about flying out? Is 27th still ok without the sudden 6 months overstay fines assuming one hasn't extended since amnesty came to force?

Edited by worldfun

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The last two times---May and June---all the announcements about 'not waiting until the last minute' came from Immigration. The thing is, the amnesty decision was then, and is now, up to the Cabinet and PM, which is to say the Army and not the Police.

Amnesty may well end, but Immigration doesn't know any more than you or me.

As a matter of fact, some immigrations are starting the rumors that there may well be an amnesty, but yes you are correct. They also do not know what the government will decide; in addition they are notoriously corrupt. Just think 1,000 people on amnesty pay 1,000 dollar bribe via agents that is 1 million dollars for them, 10,000 do it it 10 million dollars, etc. I understand why people did this because we are all in a difficult situation, but in the end it is enabling the whole corrupt system. It is not difficult to see why immigration is pushing all to get long stay visas in country and trying to stop amnesty.

Meanwhile in Taiwan, they just issued another 30 day extension today for people stuck there since March 21. I was just 2 hours off from getting in there...damn.

Taiwan announces 30-day extension for foreigners

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4009171

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

I really do not understand this sentiment. The amnesty makes staying LEGAL. If it is extended, it will remain LEGAL.

NOBODY is being hurt by the amnesty, and people are being helped---either Thais who get to keep their jobs because there are people still here staying in hotels, eating in restaurants, taking taxis, having the occasional beer, buying some clothes, etc.......or foreigners who are not risking getting the virus by climbing into a steel tube with 300 other people for 10-25 hours and then resuming life in lands where the virus is still rampant. Those of us who have enjoyed Thailand's generosity are grateful for what we've been given, and many would gladly accept more, as it only has benefits to both us and Thailand.

If it is LEGAL to stay, many will stay. If extensions are granted, many will stay. It shouldn't matter to you one whit.

The whole Country is losing the visa extension money .

There were about 300 people a day at CM immigration getting extensions for 1900 Baht a time 

Thats about 600 000 Baht per day , 3 million per week , probably then same at 10 other immigration offices .

30 million Baht per week Thailand has been losing since the amnesty

5 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I doubt they will be blacklisting people who don't leave right away during a pandemic. They'll be happy to collect the fines though if it's not extended.

That`s if you surrender at immigration or when leaving the country. If for any other reason you have to present your passport, such as being stopped in the street, you will be banged up in the monkey house, deported and blacklisted. 

6 minutes ago, Jim P said:

If for any other reason you have to present your passport, such as being stopped in the street, you will be banged up in the monkey house, deported and blacklisted. 

They would actually have to go to the trouble of prosecuting you, which I doubt is ever really done for short overstays.  In most cases I think people would just be allowed to leave with the normal 500 baht per day fine and no blacklist.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The idea is that you do both , getting a visa extension so that you can stay in Thailand and continue spending money in Thailand .

Its not a case of one or the other 

Had it not been for the amnesty, those on Tourist visa would have been allowed one 30 day extension, and would have been gone---and unable to return---since April. (I know the # of days' extension is a function of one's country, so for some it's 60 days).

Thailand has gotten an extra 5 months of my spending, a sum that pales in comparison to the 1900 baht I didn't have to pay in March.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, worldfun said:

I'd like to know though as 26th is a saturday usually grace is enjoyed till next opening day of immigration for ones stay before overstay is incurred i.e. one could still apply for extension on Monday 28th I assume but how about flying out? Is 27th still ok without the sudden 6 months overstay fines assuming one hasn't extended since amnesty came to force?

2 years ago, my NON-IMM B visa ran out on a saturday. Due to having to do an English camp on that day, I couldn't leave. I drove to Phibum on Sunday and exited the country via mukdahan friendship bridge to obtain a VOA. I had to pay a 500 baht fee. It's also worth noting that overstaying makes you ineligible to apply for any extension or conversion. Hope this helps!

Edited by 2530Ubon

12 minutes ago, adrianb said:

For anyone who is sitting there saying it is easy to leave, please check out.

https://suvarnabhumi.airportthai.co.th/flights

I have been watching this daily since the start of the month,99% of the scheduled flights you can book tickets for have not left one time this month.

Yes it is easy to buy a ticket, but 99% of all flights are cancelled daily. I do not think airlines have planes coming here, so they are not going to send an empty plane. Most airlines do not plan to become operational until at least next month.  Expecting anyone to leave right now makes no sense.

but most of those flights were cancelled months ago.  if you book any flight scheduled for the next week, it will almost certainly fly.  

• Like 2

I very much doubt that there will be another extension. But then again you could ask the Minister of Tourism who contradicts himself every minute. His current plan is to allow 600 tourists into Thailand every day. It would be better to keep 600+ stranded visitors in Thailand for a few months to support the economy. 

I see some people saying just get an extension. This is not the issue, the issue is those of us who have been refused extensions and are expected to leave with no way of being able to get on a flight, because flights are cancelled. If it was as simple as paying 1900 Baht I would have no problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

As a matter of fact, some immigrations are starting the rumors that there may well be an amnesty, but yes you are correct. They also do not know what the government will decide; in addition they are notoriously corrupt. Just think 1,000 people on amnesty pay 1,000 dollar bribe via agents that is 1 million dollars for them, 10,000 do it it 10 million dollars, etc. I understand why people did this because we are all in a difficult situation, but in the end it is enabling the whole corrupt system. It is not difficult to see why immigration is pushing all to get long stay visas in country and trying to stop amnesty.

Meanwhile in Taiwan, they just issued another 30 day extension today for people stuck there since March 21. I was just 2 hours off from getting in there...damn.

Taiwan announces 30-day extension for foreigners

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4009171

"The NIA emphasized that in order to lessen the movement of people across borders and reduce the "burden of epidemic prevention on local neighborhoods," foreign citizens permitted to stay for 180 days or longer were given automatic 30-day extensions on July 17 and Aug. 14. This marks the third extension granted by the NIA.

Foreigners who have already exceeded the number of days they were allowed to stay under their initial entry visa must depart immediately.

What is the situation ?

People on long term visas get extensions and those on tourist visas must leave immediately ?

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

I would need to see UbonJoes belt before I decide 

I'm usually not someone who knocks people because of how they dress but sometimes I really think Richard could show up a bit more appropriately. Meetings with immigration officials or in this case a round table at the FCC with Mr. Natapanu who shows up in a suit and Richard dons his oldest, worn out stuff with a Polo half stuck in his pants?

Oh well whatever floats your boat I guess.

33 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I really do not understand this sentiment. The amnesty makes staying LEGAL. If it is extended, it will remain LEGAL.

NOBODY is being hurt by the amnesty, and people are being helped---either Thais who get to keep their jobs because there are people still here staying in hotels, eating in restaurants, taking taxis, having the occasional beer, buying some clothes, etc.......or foreigners who are not risking getting the virus by climbing into a steel tube with 300 other people for 10-25 hours and then resuming life in lands where the virus is still rampant. Those of us who have enjoyed Thailand's generosity are grateful for what we've been given, and many would gladly accept more, as it only has benefits to both us and Thailand.

If it is LEGAL to stay, many will stay. If extensions are granted, many will stay. It shouldn't matter to you one whit.

They wont be extended further and rightly so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, adrianb said:

I see some people saying just get an extension. This is not the issue, the issue is those of us who have been refused extensions and are expected to leave with no way of being able to get on a flight, because flights are cancelled. If it was as simple as paying 1900 Baht I would have no problem.

What flights are cancelled? Where do you need to go?

2 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

but most of those flights were cancelled months ago.  if you book any flight scheduled for the next week, it will almost certainly fly.  

Not true flights to Frankfurt with Lufthansa have been bookable all month. They have not left once.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The cabinet makes the decision on the Amnesty but they wanted to talk about the new tourist visa first. There are still so many people trapped in Thailand that can't get a flight home. All the cabinet has to say is there will be no further amnesty extensions and that will be it. But they haven't said this so what stupid game are they playing? Are they going to wait to the 25 of September before letting us know?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, adrianb said:

Not true flights to Frankfurt with Lufthansa have been bookable all month. They have not left once.

Nonsense. Lufthansa flies 4x per week ex BKK and their flight leaves every single time. None of these flights are being cancelled.

Stop looking at the airport website, their data has been incorrect for months already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

The cabinet makes the decision on the Amnesty but they wanted to talk about the new tourist visa first. There are still so many people trapped in Thailand that can't get a flight home. All the cabinet has to say is there will be no further amnesty extensions and that will be it. But they haven't said this so what stupid game are they playing? Are they going to wait to the 25 of September before letting us know?

I think make it until 2021 and then no need for this anxiety every few months.  By then, MAYBE it'll be better.  But likely not. 

• Like 1