When to expect a new announcement?

2 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Really?   Because if I do need to leave, that's one of my only true options.  ????

You can book Lufthansa, KLM or Qatar Airways. All of these flights leave. He's just too dense to check properly and spouts nonsense.

The rates for Lufthansa are pretty reasonable and available as mileage tickets as well. Also Thai Airways has scheduled a bunch of "special flights" to Europe that are all bookable and guaranteed to leave as they pick up Thai repatriates on the way back.

Edited by FlyingThai

11 minutes ago, adrianb said:
17 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

but most of those flights were cancelled months ago.  if you book any flight scheduled for the next week, it will almost certainly fly.  

Not true flights to Frankfurt with Lufthansa have been bookable all month. They have not left once.

It flew yesterday

00B9B053-A36E-4DF4-808E-41EBC29E9A76.thumb.jpeg.21d32864ec3b83b5fc9ce98f698e2100.jpeg

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

2 years ago, my NON-IMM B visa ran out on a saturday. Due to having to do an English camp on that day, I couldn't leave. I drove to Phibum on Sunday and exited the country via mukdahan friendship bridge to obtain a VOA. I had to pay a 500 baht fee. It's also worth noting that overstaying makes you ineligible to apply for any extension or conversion. Hope this helps!

You were able to go to Laos? Or was that 2 years ago? If so, then I don't think it helps.

Edited by vermin on arrival

2 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Ok. Not the same now. I don't think that helps. Are there any reports of that being allowed now? I sincerely doubt it. Anyone?

as 26th is a saturday usually grace is enjoyed till next opening day of immigration for ones stay before overstay is incurred

I was pointing out that there is no grace period - if you overstay, you pay. Also makes you ineligible for an extension.

• Like 1

Pattaya News 

More soon but The Thai Cabinet has approved, in principle, a special tourist visa to allow 90 day stays for 2000 baht with two 90 day renewals. This is not, however, intended for those on amnesty or in the country now but an option for long stay tourists who plan to enter the country during proposed tourist programs. As the plan was just approved today (in principle) it will likely take some to roll out to embassies and for details to be official.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Nonsense. Lufthansa flies 4x per week ex BKK and their flight leaves every single time. None of these flights are being cancelled.

Stop looking at the airport website, their data has been incorrect for months already.

Thank you good to know. I hope you are correct. Are you 100% sure on that?

22 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I hope you won't be too disappointed if the Thai Govt has a different opinion than you and chooses to extend the amnesty.

Apparently this issue is very important to you, for reasons known only to you. If it wasn't important to you that 'those amnesty guys' get booted out, you wouldn't be perusing this and other amnesty-related threads. One wonders what aspect of your life is affected by some foreigners remaining in Thailand. One also wonders if you give any thought to Thai people whose incomes will drop and whose jobs may be lost when all of us leave and stop staying in hotels, eating in restaurants, taking taxis, etc.

What has stopped you from getting a long term visa ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

Pattaya News 

More soon but The Thai Cabinet has approved, in principle, a special tourist visa to allow 90 day stays for 2000 baht with two 90 day renewals. This is not, however, intended for those on amnesty or in the country now but an option for long stay tourists who plan to enter the country during proposed tourist programs. As the plan was just approved today (in principle) it will likely take some to roll out to embassies and for details to be official.

Well, this reads like there is no amnesty extension and they definitely what the people on amnesty out.

Edited by FizziBublech
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

Well, this reads like there is no amnesty extension and they definitely what the people on amnesty out.

Oh boy, those same people who got upset over the amnesty are not going to be too thrilled if this long term tourist visa comes to fruition. 

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Cabinet okays 9-month visas for foreigners

National

Sep 15. 2020

The Cabinet has approved a proposal of issuing long-stay visas for foreigners visiting Thailand.

Deputy government spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul said on Tuesday (September 15) that the Cabinet has agreed to allow foreigners to live in Thailand for up to nine months per trip, provided they can prove they have spent 14 days in quarantine.

The first visit will allow 90 days of stay, which can then be extended twice totalling nine months.

This measure will start from next month, and up to 1,200 tourists per month will be granted this extended visa.

Source : The Nation Thailand - https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394581

Not much different to the current METV , now just dont have to leave Thailand to get an extension 

• Like 1

They spend time crafting a new tourist visa to bring 1000 people/month while hundreds of thousands are still inside their borders.

It seems that their only goal is increasing the number of "new tourists", extending the stay of existing tourists won't increase this shiny counter so they don't seem to care.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

They spend time crafting a new tourist visa to bring 1000 people/month while hundreds of thousands are still inside their borders.

It seems that their only goal is increasing the number of "new tourists", extending the stay of existing tourists won't increase this shiny counter so they don't seem to care.

Many on this forum are too hung up on their own definition of "tourist".

"According to the definition of UNWTO “a visitor (domestic, inbound or outbound) is classified as a tourist, if his/her trip includes an overnight stay” (UNWTO, 2014, p. 12)."

https://dugi-doc.udg.edu/bitstream/handle/10256/14825/GhanemJoey_Treball.pdf

Conceptualizing “the Tourist”: A critical review of UNWTO definition

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

2 years ago, my NON-IMM B visa ran out on a saturday. Due to having to do an English camp on that day, I couldn't leave. I drove to Phibum on Sunday and exited the country via mukdahan friendship bridge to obtain a VOA. I had to pay a 500 baht fee. It's also worth noting that overstaying makes you ineligible to apply for any extension or conversion. Hope this helps!

I got an overstay way back in April and am now allowed to apply for a one year extension for marriage,I will see if the overstay becomes an issue when I apply.