When to expect a new announcement?

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Cabinet okays 9-month visas for foreigners

National

Sep 15. 2020

The Cabinet has approved a proposal of issuing long-stay visas for foreigners visiting Thailand.

Deputy government spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul said on Tuesday (September 15) that the Cabinet has agreed to allow foreigners to live in Thailand for up to nine months per trip, provided they can prove they have spent 14 days in quarantine.

The first visit will allow 90 days of stay, which can then be extended twice totalling nine months.

This measure will start from next month, and up to 1,200 tourists per month will be granted this extended visa.

Source : The Nation Thailand - https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394581

So 1200 tourist a month x 12 = 14400 tourist to save the industry?  

• Like 2

Ubonjoe, what do you make of this situation.

I have a N"O"ME based on marriage which expires 25 Nov 2020, I did a 60 day extension 2 days ago and that extension runs from 27 Sept to 25 Nov. But the thing that I do not understand is that the IO placed a 90 day notification slip in my passport and told me to do a 90 day report on 7 Dec.

What are your thoughts on this?

57 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Previous overstays are not an issue, the question was; Is it possible to apply for an extension on Monday the 28th, when his visa expires on Saturday the 26th. From my experience, there is no 'grace period', i was fined on Sunday 500 baht when my visa ran out on Saturday - 2 years ago. Immigration also notes that you can not apply for an extension without a valid visa - if you are on overstay, you must exit and re-enter the country. I would suggest extending the visa prior to the 26th.

However, i'm just sharing my experience to help, i am not an expert! perhaps someone who is more knowledgable could also shed some light on this? @ubonjoe

My last Non Imm O ME visa expired in Nov 2019 my last border run expired in Jan 2020 my 60 day extension expired in March 24.At 10:00 am on the March 25th (10 hours after permission to stay expired) I was issued with overstay fine.So this could still be an issue for me but as it's the same officers who issued the overstay are the one's handling my application and are now much more relaxed I feel confident it won't be an issue.I'm also sharing my experience and I think what you said about having to leave and re-enter is absolutely correct up until quite recently as there seems to be a definite shift in regards to some of the strict adherence to some of the regulations.I was being told I had to leave and get a new visa re-enter and then apply for the one year extension but now I allowed to apply for the extension without having to leave Thailand.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Ubonjoe, what do you make of this situation.

I have a N"O"ME based on marriage which expires 25 Nov 2020, I did a 60 day extension 2 days ago and that extension runs from 27 Sept to 25 Nov. But the thing that I do not understand is that the IO placed a 90 day notification slip in my passport and told me to do a 90 day report on 7 Dec.

What are your thoughts on this?

They just did the 90 day report to get you caught up since after the 26th they will be required unless the amnesty for them is extended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zikomat said:

It was the Cabinet who declared the Amnesty. It should be the Cabinet who will inform the foreigners on the Amnesty NOT being prolonged. If , at the end, they will not make any statement regarding the issue BEFORE 26.09 - I will think that their purpose was to create chaos among foreigners in Thailand. No other rational explanation will be possible.

That will be for the Cabinet to decide!The Cabinet's motives or purpose will also be decided by Cabinet which will only be influenced by those with a bigger stick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They just did the 90 day report to get you caught up since after the 26th they will be required unless the amnesty for them is extended.

I was doing border runs and not 90 day reports

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

They? Do you mean the Immigration? But it was the Cabinet who is responsible for the Amnesty, not the Immigration. I am still waiting for the Cabinet decision on this issue. 

theres another meeting next tuesday. maybe they will make an announcement then

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

HI ubonjoe I got this slip pictured below today,it's a "receipt of notification" slip just wondering if you've seen the likes of it before?It's not a hand written receipt as I've been getting and has my name and passport number which I've covered up.

DSC02062.thumb.JPG.4bf681040aca706c1e85e4af0a458896.JPG

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

as 26th is a saturday usually grace is enjoyed till next opening day of immigration for ones stay before overstay is incurred

I was pointing out that there is no grace period - if you overstay, you pay. Also makes you ineligible for an extension.

You left by-border - is different than applying for an extension. 

If you show up the Very Next Day Immigration is open after your permitted-stay has expired, you can obtain an extension w/o issue/fine.  This includes public-holidays when Immigration is closed.   Can even be the "7 days to leave" extension.

That said - I would NOT do it in this context - will be a madhouse, and who knows if they would "change the rules" on this to suit.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

HI ubonjoe I got this slip pictured below today,it's a "receipt of notification" slip just wondering if you've seen the likes of it before?It's not a hand written receipt as I've been getting and has my name and passport number which I've covered up.

It just the standard printed out receipt for doing a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. 

They only thing odd about it that they only dated it to your permit to stay date. Some office do them that way though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It just the standard printed out receipt for doing a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. 

They only thing odd about it that they only dated it to your permit to stay date. Some office do them that way though.

The dating might be that way until my application for the one year application is approved after my money in the bank has matured for the 2 months.

8 minutes ago, Maestro said:

What do you mean with PDMU?

"An official working at the Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit, a research and policy advisory division that operates under the Prime Minister’s Office and reports directly to the Prime Minister, confirmed on Tuesday (Sept 1) that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha had read the open letter, penned by German man Bernhard Stoever. "

They requested e-mails and were going to report on them to the PM.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/open-letter-from-long-stay-tourist-in-phuket-spurs-action-from-prime-minister-77181.php

Edited by vermin on arrival

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The dating might be that way until my application for the one year application is approved after my money in the bank has matured for the 2 months.

It doesn't really matter what date is on it. It means nothing other the day you should do another report.

7 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Planning, Development and Monitoring Unit (PDMU)

Ahhh no lol. It is starnge that the acronym doesn't actually match the letters. Maybe was a typo in Phuket News but would be weird but...

"The officer at the PDMU that The Phuket News spoke with on Tuesday said that Mr Stoever’s plea had been heard at the highest level. PM Prayut had asked the PDMU to interview Mr Stoever and investigate how many other long-stay foreign tourists already in Thailand were facing the same predicament." from the bottom of the above article.

Edited by vermin on arrival

Hi,
I'm swiss national on a Non-Immigrant B Visa, running a small 2 employees company in Phuket since 9 years and usually doing the border stamp every 90 days. My visas expires 1st of December, work permit on 22nd this month but actually in the process to get the new 2 years work permit.
You see me come here... What to do now?
I'm married but not officially so that visa can't be made on time now. The remaining option is to register my company to 4 employees etc (got someone to help me on that as it's officially too late if I understand it right).

This situation is so ridiculous that I naively thought it couldn't end up there..
Any advice highly welcome :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mousset said:

Hi,
I'm swiss national on a Non-Immigrant B Visa, running a small 2 employees company in Phuket since 9 years and usually doing the border stamp every 90 days. My visas expires 1st of December, work permit on 22nd this month but actually in the process to get the new 2 years work permit.
You see me come here... What to do now?
I'm married but not officially so that visa can't be made on time now. The remaining option is to register my company to 4 employees etc (got someone to help me on that as it's officially too late if I understand it right).

This situation is so ridiculous that I naively thought it couldn't end up there..
Any advice highly welcome ????

Have almost same problem, but our business was just starting in the beginning of this year and non immigrant b visa expired with work permit on june. Have customers in Finland etc but at the moment cannot fill requirements. Now it only seems that need to go back and enjoy snowless winter and maybe reunion with my family someday in here... Perkele!  Its so hard to let people apply visa in country lol....

• Like 1