Long stay visa: Cabinet decision today on "premium" visitors who will have "freedom" of Thailand

webfact

This was the official status with Emirates particular with reference to flying from the UK. I suspect this may be extended and perhaps Thai may get TG916/TG917 back onto a non-repatriation status. There are still many Thais trying to get back from the UK.

Posted September 8

This appeared on the Thai Embassy London's Facebook page, however its was posted in a reply well down the thread. The poster also checked up with the embassy and confirmed that it can issue a COE 

"Thai Embassy London confirmed that they are issuing CoE for these Emirates flights, subject to all the same CoE criteria as the repatriation flights.
However they will need sufficient notice to issue the CoE due to the additional requests they are now receiving for these additional flights."

The announcement below came from the UAE Thai Embassy.

With reference to the Emirates Airline’s announcement regarding the resumption of passenger services to Bangkok with daily flights starting from 1 September 2020. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai would like to clarify as follows:

1. Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

2. At present, “THAI NATIONALS” residing in the UAE can only travel back to Thailand via repatriation flights organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai. The next repatriation flight to Bangkok which is being organized will be on 9 September 2020 by Etihad Airways, EY 406, as previously announced.

Please be informed accordingly. Any changes (if any) will be notified at the earliest.

Cambodia had a clearcut scheme in place. Kudos to them it's suit their game ????

Thai cabinet approved the special TV deal today in principle with following key criteria:

https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/35110

Also news story in bkk post...

Minimum 90 days stay as must be documented in PAID hotel/condo bookings for full stay (90 days) in addition to initial 14 days ASQ. No talks of the insurance req. anymore ????

As they goto immigration to renew it would seem they need to document their next 90 day accomodation bookings but that could easily just be a condo purchase/lease etc & thus why not already resident visa struggling folks couldn't enter that scheme too? 2000B/pop visa fees.

If amnesty is indeed expiring this could be viable way to stay on assuming 'quotas' is only in incoming numbers (1200/month)...

Edited by worldfun

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Be safe in your travels.  Much to much smoke and <deleted> in California for me to return for even a visit, as well as returning here and jumping through hoops to do so would just <deleted> me off, so I will stay here for now.

Choice is a wonderful thing, a commodity in short supply in many places.

1 hour ago, androokery said:

Capped at 1200 visitors per month and still expect to pull in 1 BILLION baht? That’s 833K per person per month. Wow. 

Well that's easy. 

Charge 20k/hour for walk in the ASQ prison yard. The elite tourists will flock in right away.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It sounds promising for those that have residences here or those with family, however, the insistence of a 14 day ASQ hotel will be an expensive proposition for those who could just go to there homes here.  In saying expensive I mean it is obvious to me that these are VIP long term stay folks who have money.  My bet is that to obtain one of these types of Visa you will need to show plenty of money in the bank for them to grant it.  I also wonder what other conditions for approval might be, but any speculation on that by me would be just that speculation, so lets wait and see what they decide.  Many snowbirds want to return, while a few I know have now bought in Palm Springs California in the Del Web communities.

When I got my non-o visa in 2010 I had to show enough money in the bank to cover my 90 days, so really no big deal, show me the money.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

So, it is? Why is it that no one have said, let´s wait and see what happens then? Just complaining and degrading something you know nothing about. You do know it´s possible to have a positive discussion too. Just that it´s very rare among the bored expats on Thai Visa.

Again you are obviously the one bored (And boring) here

when was the last time you did a positive or helpfull  post on the forum?

as far as i can remember i have seen none

you only complaining about the others members, degrading them at every

occasion that you have, you are a disgrace for this forum, i don't even know why

you are still here honestly, as most of your posts are more than borderline

7pm Tuesday evening, this has just been announced on the news as going ahead.

No longer a proposal, its been given the green light.

Not only phuket and can quarantine in own house as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i think you'll find a hell of a lot of long stay tourists are coming here to "work and making more money than they could back home" as well - thats why remote working is so popular - no global tax (*cough), flexible hours, nice views..

That's more or less me in fact but 100% of my money comes from overseas which I then spend in Thailand, i.e. Thailand is importing foreign currency with immigration. 

Compare that to the Thais I know in America who work at restaurants and other low paying jobs while earning US dollars spending money locally in the US + sending some % home. The profile here is basically an additional body which operates in the low income sector and has even lower spending than a native in the same position due to remittances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They have been very generous since end of March. 

Now it is time for the hangers on to leave on one of the many departing flights daily.  

Or they could just give us the new visa and take our dirty stinking money! They didn't even offer, at any price. It's not even about money, they jut want us gone.

I've got a ticket for the 24th and It's going to be fun watching them try to figure out plans to get us lousy tourists back but I doubt I'll be bothering for at least 12 months.

15 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Again you are obviously the one bored (And boring) here

when was the last time you did a positive or helpfull  post on the forum?

as far as i can remember i have seen none

you only complaining about the others members, degrading them at every

occasion that you have, you are a disgrace for this forum, i don't even know why

you are still here honestly, as most of your posts are more than borderline

Nope, not bored at all. Boring?? In the eyes of the beholder, obviously. ???? 

Nonono, I have had a lot of helpful and positive comments and post as well. However, I just hate people that have to see everything as bad. Even before they know what it really is or if it even going to exist.

However, No problem. The cabinet has approved the 270 days tourist visa. That´s great news, right? Now there is no need to complain no more. Just live up to the requirements for that one and apply for it. Welcome back to Thailand. ???? 

On the other hand, it will probably be complaints about requirements for the visa, because Thailand do not chose to crawl and kiss peoples feet. Otherwise, it just a matter of time before it will be complaint about something else. My opinion is that the people that can´t live up to the requirements for this new tourist visa or any other visa or extension, can just pack up their sorry life and get going.

Maybe think that is borderline to, but that just proves who and in what situation one is. ???? 

3 minutes ago, genericptr said:

Or they could just give us the new visa and take our dirty stinking money! They didn't even offer, at any price. It's not even about money, they jut want us gone.

I've got a ticket for the 24th and It's going to be fun watching them try to figure out plans to get us lousy tourists back but I doubt I'll be bothering for at least 12 months.

You are not a tourist though, you are a digital nomad , nomad means not staying in the same place for any length of time .

Visas were available , why didnt you get one ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

7pm Tuesday evening, this has just been announced on the news as going ahead.

No longer a proposal, its been given the green light.

Not only phuket and can quarantine in own house as well.

So you can quarantine in your own home for two weeks instead of wasting money in a government associated hotel ? Insurance and pre tests still required ?

14 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

So you can quarantine in your own home for two weeks instead of wasting money in a government associated hotel ? Insurance and pre tests still required ?

The announcement didnt mention insurance either way, but did say can quarantine in own home for the 1st 2 weeks of 9 month stay.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

...However, I just hate people that have to see everything as bad. Even before they know what it really is or if it even going to exist.

On the other hand, it will probably be complaints about requirements for the visa, because Thailand do not chose to crawl and kiss peoples feet. Otherwise, it just a matter of time before it will be complaint about something else. My opinion is that the people that can´t live up to the requirements for this new tourist visa or any other visa or extension, can just pack up their sorry life and get going.

Maybe think that is borderline to, but that just proves who and in what situation one is. ???? 

Big lol

maybe you should put less smileys in your post and think more before to write it

if you read slowly my quote above of YOUR post, maybe you will see that you are exactly

the one you describe in your previous paragraph, now maybe you need to hate yourself? ahaha

That proves nothing except that you have no clue about what you are talking about and to who as usual you are just judging and condamning without any knowlege of the persons nor the situations

for your information as a retired here in Thailand since years with all the requirments needed i am not concerned at all by your insinuations and your ''welcome back to Thailand''

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It sounds promising for those that have residences here or those with family, however, the insistence of a 14 day ASQ hotel will be an expensive proposition for those who could just go to there homes here.  In saying expensive I mean it is obvious to me that these are VIP long term stay folks who have money.  My bet is that to obtain one of these types of Visa you will need to show plenty of money in the bank for them to grant it.  I also wonder what other conditions for approval might be, but any speculation on that by me would be just that speculation, so lets wait and see what they decide.  Many snowbirds want to return, while a few I know have now bought in Palm Springs California in the Del Web communities.

And ALL the 'legitimate' valid extension retirees abroad will not need this Premium Visa as we have the 800k + in the bank and can sustain ourselves in rented or owned condos, and of course travel around in hotels, assisting in Thailands tourism recovery.  Agreed soon Thai Embassies abroad may request your latest bank statement, and you will need the decided amount, its ALWAYS about the CASH. I for one don't want to get the snow shovel out !

Edited by CANSIAM
add to it

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, just because my opinion differs from yours, then I should think more. Yeah, yeah! ????????????????????

obviously you have totaly missed the point

why i am not surprised?

ok let's me try to explain you again but in a more simple way, maybe you should understand better? 

In your post you wrote you hate the ones complaining about everything particularly when

they don't know what is going to happen exactly

then in the next paragraph you complain about the future complains from some people  without even knowing if this is going to happen !!

You get it now or not yet? 

Edited by kingofthemountain

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

"It sounds promising for those that have residences here or those with family."

This is for tourists not for people already residing in Thailand. 

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No "tourist" with half a brain will start with a very expensive 14+7 days quarantine. A couple for example won't be willing to pay maybe ฿100,000 or more to start with. 

I would if it was a decent hotel with beach and pool access

From the other news source:

The target is to welcome 100-300 visitors a week, or up to 1,200 people a month, and generate income of about 1 billion baht a month," she said.

Thailand had around 39 million tourists last year 2019. It is now planned to have 1200 tourists per month, which corresponds to 14400 per year.

In Percentage that would be: 0.000369%

I can't believe the dimensions in which this people are thinking.

That would then be the official death sentence for Thai Tourism.

• Like 2

so 1,200/month, apply at embassy in advance and get a number?

"ah sorry sir, but the earliest we have a opening for you is jan 2022"

LOL

.....especially from low-risk or no-risk countries

lets out most of the western world, Europe, USA, Brazil, India, Australia, Korea,

Welcome the Chinese...

Edited by zzzzz

3 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Why are so many people on here so bitter. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean others can't...

Interesting perspective (Reminds me of one I once shared at infant school during "playtime", also similar to: my dads bigger than your dad lol lol lol ) To be serious however. I personally don't think its the case that folk are 1, bitter or 2, cant afford it. Its more due to the fact that in this instance, they have decided not to allow themselves to be fleeced. I hope you will agree that "We all have choices" and should be able to make them. 

Money, Fool, Parted - you put them in order if you still can.

I'll happily keep my wealth and choose where and when to spend it, without the influence and rants of child's perspective..

• Like 1