Pattaya: Tessakit on duty 24/7 to stop tourists being fleeced

webfact

This goes on at many events all over Thailand, where self-appointed 'security guards' (intimidating extortionist thugs) demand money where cars are parked, and where everyone pays up in case damage is caused to their car due to their foolishness in leaving it there 'unguarded'. Just part of the culture.

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Locals get discount, do you disagree with that? Last year, I played at Melbourne golf club, $500 a round, $200 more than an Australian guest. When I went to Disneyworld, local yanks got in at a discounted price. IN Scotland, the same happens at castles and golf courses.

so all animals are equal,but some animals are more equal than others......george orwell

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So tourists in Pattaya need 24/7 protection. Better warn TAT to take it off the 'Must Visit - Pleeeeeze' list.

no need for that all you have to do is minimise your time in thailand and spend the bulk ofyour holiday in vietnam.

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Even if it goes very slow, things change. If you can not see that, then you are blind.

Perhaps you are blind? Right now there are no tourists. Absolutely nothing is being done to improve "things" right now. This report is nothing more than self-promoting bs.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Perhaps you are blind? Right now there are no tourists. Absolutely nothing is being done to improve "things" right now. This report is nothing more than self-promoting bs.  

No, I am not blind. If there is no tourists in Thailand, why is so many tourists visas on amnesty then, and why is so many complaining about that they can´t extend their tourist visas? Think you are the one who is blind.

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Where did I defend them? The only thing I asked was if it was better to do something late or leave it like it is? You avoided to answer that one.

thats  because its  WELL KNOWN in Thailand its  the  "appearance"  of  doing something when actually doing  "nothing"  otherwise known as LIP SERVICE

25 minutes ago, bodga said:

thats  because its  WELL KNOWN in Thailand its  the  "appearance"  of  doing something when actually doing  "nothing"  otherwise known as LIP SERVICE

Sad to read that you still have problems with knowing how Thailand works after, I assume, so many years. ????

Appearance, nothing and lip service???? Looks like one never gets tired, of not being able to stop complain about the country one chose to stay in?

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Locals get discount, do you disagree with that? Last year, I played at Melbourne golf club, $500 a round, $200 more than an Australian guest. When I went to Disneyworld, local yanks got in at a discounted price. IN Scotland, the same happens at castles and golf courses.

But the dual pricing isn't a "local" discount. Thais from Pattani will enter an attraction in Chiang Mai for Thai price...a foreigner living and working in Chiang Mai will pay the Foreigner price...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

But the dual pricing isn't a "local" discount. Thais from Pattani will enter an attraction in Chiang Mai for Thai price...a foreigner living and working in Chiang Mai will pay the Foreigner price...

except if THAT FOREIGNER happens to HAVE Thai driving licence....then HE/SHE just might get in on the Thai price......!!!

On 9/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, Matzzon said:

So, you are saying that it´s better to do same the next 20 years as well.

No, I am saying the last 20 years of this should not have been allowed to happen.  

It went unenforced for so long, obviously because police and city hall were getting a cut.  Then, it just become accepted, and  regular job for many, despite it being completely illegal. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 5:08 AM, bluesofa said:

They didn't look I'd imagine someone 'homeless' looks like. They appeared quite smart in the video.

They were intitially trying to blame it on the burmese until the video surfaced ???? ............bummer.............???? !!

Edited by Yahooka

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:26 AM, baansgr said:

The funny thing is, a Thai living and working abroad will pay the Thai price, while a foreigner living and working in Thailand will pay the foreigner price.  

Which one contributes more to the Thai economy?  Yet, which one is discriminated against more?