• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thai Visa Centre - Visa Agent If you are looking for a Visa Agent you can trust then we are the Agent you have been looking for.   We specialize in offering long term Thai Visa solut

why do people always complain about agent and io doing their business, why would you care as long as you got what you want, just be happy enjoying your life instead of getting salty about agent/io doi

used theier service last week ....exeptional  speedy service.... every thing done by courrier service ... never i had to go somewhere......

Posted Images

• ubonjoe locked and unlocked this topic

OK I admit I am a bit naive when it comes to this subject,and even after reading of others in trouble I still have problems,so if I make this as easy as I can I would appreciate a

simple answer---- if there is one

Earlier this year I went to my Udon Thani Immigration to renew the extension for my Retirement Visa and during the process an officer told me that the first extension,in my passport was an O and the rest have been OA's (4 of them) in my Passport. Now--- I have been getting my extensions(with no problems) on the 800,000bt in the bank system but now I have to have medical insurance,but for 16,000bt  he could somehow ?? waiver that and I got my extension,but told me I would have to go through the same procedure(hoop) next year. I would be grateful for your comments and your help to get out of this position I am in------I am unable,because of my age to get insurance.

• Confused 1
38 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

OK I admit I am a bit naive when it comes to this subject,and even after reading of others in trouble I still have problems,so if I make this as easy as I can I would appreciate a

Earlier this year I went to my Udon Thani Immigration to renew the extension for my Retirement Visa and during the process an officer told me that the first extension,in my passport was an O and the rest have been OA's (4 of them) in my Passport. Now--- I have been getting my extensions(with no problems) on the 800,000bt in the bank system but now I have to have medical insurance,but for 16,000bt  he could somehow ?? waiver that and I got my extension,but told me I would have to go through the same procedure(hoop) next year. I would be grateful for your comments and your help to get out of this position I am in------I am unable,because of my age to get insurance.

That just does not make sense....it is dependent on your initial visa that you last entered the country on, whether a Non-Imm-O or Non-Imm-OA. Extensions do not themselves have these categories. 

The insurance requirement came in Oct 2019 for original O-A Visa entries for retirement extensions, so it is possible that you now require insurance where previously not.. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

Your best option currently would be to wait until next year, and hopefully the borders are open try to apply for a non-o based on retirement at an embassy that will issue them.

But it is hard to know what the future will be like in terms of traveling into Thailand, for example will we still need covid health insurance in a years time.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, salsajapan said:

Anybody knows if they will help next week after 22nd ?

It would entirely depend on your situation.

Just know that agent options will get greatly reduced the less time you give them.

Anyone that is currently here on amnesty, and their last visa was a tourist visa/exempt entry, or visa on arrival should be sorted things out already.

We know some people are still wishing for an extension of amnesty for 30/60 days, but it's honestly not worth the risk at this point.

Waiting until the 22nd is not smart if your intention is to stay long term especially if you have not yet secured a 30 day visa extension through an embassy letter.

• Like 2
On 9/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, MrMilk said:

Are you able to help with a 30 days extension of a tourist exempt entry, without a embassy letter?

Not used any extension so far

You shouldn't need help with that one, most IO's are honoring these. If your local one isn't, take a trip up to Ubon, the office here is giving these out. Give your hotel as your address. Many other forum members have reported trouble doing this in BKK.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

Why, can't you

You need to go to your embassy, and have them issue you a letter supporting your reason for an extension.

But you should have done this weeks ago... It may still be possible, but you need to hurry.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

You shouldn't need help with that one, most IO's are honoring these. If your local one isn't, take a trip up to Ubon, the office here is giving these out. Give your hotel as your address. Many other forum members have reported trouble doing this in BKK.

There are also provinces near Bangkok which see few applicants such as Chachoengsao and Saraburi that could be worth looking into. Either one makes a pleasant day trip from Bangkok. 

• Like 2