Thai Visa Centre - Visa Agent

Serious question- if you use an agent for an extension and they have to use, for whatever reason, an immigration office not where you live, is that extension then legal? Lets say you live in Bkk and the agent uses Pattaya to get the extension done, surely the law states you have to get it in the province you live in? Lets say you go ahead and get the extension from another office for a couple of years then want to go to your assigned office and not use an agent, surely they are going to bring up the previous extensions from a place where you were not living, would they consider such extensions invalid and your right to remain null and void?

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Serious question- if you use an agent for an extension and they have to use, for whatever reason, an immigration office not where you live, is that extension then legal? Lets say you live in Bkk and the agent uses Pattaya to get the extension done, surely the law states you have to get it in the province you live in? Lets say you go ahead and get the extension from another office for a couple of years then want to go to your assigned office and not use an agent, surely they are going to bring up the previous extensions from a place where you were not living, would they consider such extensions invalid and your right to remain null and void?

No. People do move around, they aren't obligated to always remain in the same location. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If it's a worry whilst your on the agent assisted visa, get the agency to do the 90 day reports - you can pay a fee for them to do it so you never have to actually step into the IO.

When your ready to do a visa yourself, in the area you live in, previous address etc won't matter. as the post above say's, people move around.

• Like 2

People move around, but you will still have a history of extensions from places where you had NOT moved to, so surely such extensions would be illegal. Why get an agent to do a 90 day report? you can do it in 5 minutes yourself on the immigration website.

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

People move around, but you will still have a history of extensions from places where you had NOT moved to, so surely such extensions would be illegal. Why get an agent to do a 90 day report? you can do it in 5 minutes yourself on the immigration website.

I don't understand what you mean. On this forum many people advocate administratively relocating to a more accommodating IO to make an extension in some cases, especially if their "home" IO is making life difficult. Nothing wrong with that. A few questions may be posed by immigration the next time you do an extension yourself in person but other than that, I don't see the issue. 

I understand the first time you have to do it by mail or in person, subsequent ones can be done online. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Surely this is a joke post.

i mean surely you can’t think people are obligated to live in a province just because that’s where they got their visa?

surely 

No they are not obligated to stay anywhere, but you are missing the point, if they never lived in the province where the visa was issued in the first place, but by law they HAVE to be in the province they get an extension from. Getting it from another province via an agent when they do not live in the province it's obtained from is illegal.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

You use an agent so that you don't have to answer any questions. You also avoid going in person by using an agent (the first time). The online reporting site is not the most reliable method in my experience and often doesn't work. The agent basically takes all the stress away. Much easier in my opinion.

People can use agents to take the 'stress' away of filling a form in and waiting an hour. Many use one to gain an extension when they do not have the funds in the Bank, you do not pay 15-20k just to get somebody to do the leg work. You can argue that paying an IO to overlook the money requirement is 'legal' -my point is if they are getting you an extension from another province, because your office does not accept these 'legal' payments, then that must make such an extension invalid as by the law you HAVE to be living in the province your extension is obtained from, not difficult to understand surely?

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No they are not obligated to stay anywhere, but you are missing the point they never lived in the province where the visa was issued in the first place, but by law they HAVE to be in the province they get an extension from. Getting it from another province via an agent when they do not live in the province it's obtained from is illegal.

Sigh! The extended permission to stay is valid. The application was made fraudulently. Both you (if you do not ask questions) and the immigration official have plausible deniability.

• Like 2

But such an, as you admit, fraudulently obtained extension is not going to be covered by plausible deniability if you go back to your own immigration office they will want to know what your address was in the other province and why you did not fill out a TM28. There are not grounds for deniability anyway, other than they were paid to do it. Once you start on the visa road you are stuck with it, or you will have a lot of questions to answer if you want to go legal again,

10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

But such an, as you admit, fraudulently obtained extension is not going to be covered by plausible deniability if you go back to your own immigration office they will want to know what your address was in the other province and why you did not fill out a TM28. There are not grounds for deniability anyway, other than they were paid to do it. Once you start on the visa road you are stuck with it, or you will have a lot of questions to answer if you want to go legal again,

If you want to “go legal” again?

what on earth are you talking about?

Orton has to be on a wind up here?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

If you want to “go legal” again?

what on earth are you talking about?

Orton has to be on a wind up here?

If you have paid for an extension issued from a province where you do not reside in that has been illegally obtained, not too hard to grasp surely?

35 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The agent/IO might register you as living in this province, so then you have technically lived there even if you were never physically there.

Can you quote the paragraph in the law which states this?

No, they don't. They know how the system works and to not cause problems.

If you entered Thailand legally you don't need to submit a TM28, this was changed a while back.

TM 28 is for a change of address, you are talking about a TM30. So if an agent registered you as living in another province they would have to give a false address, also illegal. We know how the system works, but that does not make it legal or that by taking the bribing route you will not run into serious problems if you later want to go legit. Look the law up for yourself, it's not hard, or ask at your local office- hi there I live in Bkk will it be OK if I get my extension from Roi et this year? ????

23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

TM 28 is for a change of address, you are talking about a TM30.

I know what i'm talking about:

23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Look the law up for yourself, it's not hard

I can't look something up which doesn't exist.

If it's not hard, as you say, then just provide a link and quote the specific section of the law which says that this is illegal.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, Orton Rd said:

People can use agents to take the 'stress' away of filling a form in and waiting an hour. Many use one to gain an extension when they do not have the funds in the Bank, you do not pay 15-20k just to get somebody to do the leg work. You can argue that paying an IO to overlook the money requirement is 'legal' -my point is if they are getting you an extension from another province, because your office does not accept these 'legal' payments, then that must make such an extension invalid as by the law you HAVE to be living in the province your extension is obtained from, not difficult to understand surely?

Sorry, but <deleted>... "You can argue that paying an IO to overlook the money requirement is legal?

This has to be the most ridiculous comment i've ever seen. Your worried about the 'legality' of having a visa issued someplace other than your address, but your quite happy to give bribes. Nothing wrong with getting your beak a little wet?

Seriously... some people...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:25 AM, Caldera said:

You could always start over fresh by leaving and re-entering the country with a new visa. Unless there's a pandemic going on, obviously.

Nobody will ask you any questions about a previous stay.

Thai immigration has full history of your entries and customs officer at the airport may have some questions. I once glanced at their computer screen and saw all my photos there, since my first visit several years ago.

I think there is also a list of all visas a person ever posessed.

Edited by fdsa

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

Sorry, but <deleted>... "You can argue that paying an IO to overlook the money requirement is legal?

This has to be the most ridiculous comment i've ever seen. Your worried about the 'legality' of having a visa issued someplace other than your address, but your quite happy to give bribes. Nothing wrong with getting your beak a little wet?

Seriously... some people...

I do not think it is legal, not do I think getting an extension via an agent from a province you do not live in is legal either. Many argue they are, up to them. I would rather do things legally rather than under the counter with the excuse that's how things are done here.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I do not think it is legal, not do I think getting an extension via an agent from a province you do not live in is legal either. Many argue they are, up to them. I would rather do things legally rather than under the counter with the excuse that's how things are done here.

please show me the law that states its illegal>

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If people believe that by paying a bribe to get what they would not otherwise get is legal they are kidding themselves. Yes you, the agent and the IO will be getting away with it, that does not mean it's legal or right.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If people believe that by paying a bribe to get what they would not otherwise get is legal they are kidding themselves. Yes you, the agent and the IO will be getting away with it, that does not mean it's legal or right.

The actual visa is legal , just the same as your cheap (1900 Baht ) one 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, TheFreqFlyer said:

There are also provinces near Bangkok which see few applicants such as Chachoengsao and Saraburi that could be worth looking into. Either one makes a pleasant day trip from Bangkok. 

do they usually allow people living in another province ? or do you need to checkin in a hotel around ?

Edited by salsajapan

22 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The actual visa is legal , just the same as your cheap (1900 Baht ) one 

How can it be legal if it has been granted from an immigration office in a province you do not live in and never have? They would have to enter a fake address or your real address would be overlooked for payment. My office now stamps a message in pp that the extension is from them, they don't appear to do under the counter 'legal' ones for bribes and I'm pretty sure if you turned up with an externsion you got the year before from Roi Et where you do not live there would be serious question to answer.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

How can it be legal if it has been granted from an immigration office in a province you do not live in and never have? They would have to enter a fake address or your real address would be overlooked for payment. My office now stamps a message in pp that the extension is from them, they don't appear to do under the counter 'legal' ones for bribes and I'm pretty sure if you turned up with an externsion you got the year before from Roi Et where you do not live there would be serious question to answer.

The end result is the same, we both get the same visa and I also go a receipt from immigration