Phuket: Ten million foreign tourists to ZERO - pictures tell a sad Bangla Road story

webfact

Walked through Pat Pong this past weekend going to Foodland, you could have fired a cannon down the road and only hit all of the ladies, or LB's, not one single person around.  One bar over by Foodland had about 3 foreigners drinking there, but obvious to me they live quite close.  Nana Plaza on Saturday night was also dead as we walked in to Hilary bar to listen to the live music.  There were over 20 staff in the bar, and the outside eating area, with only about 8 customers, we left at 11 pm and headed to Club Insanity, totally dead, and this was on a Saturday night.  Now I know there will be those that say no one had money because last weekend was a 4 day holiday.  However, we were out last weekend as well and it was fairly quiet as well.  When we were in Phuket last month and the prior to months for 5 and 8 day trips, Bangla was just a shell of a place. We even went to Big Buddha and were only 2 of 6 people at the location.  Very peaceful, but no way anyone is making money.  Phuket Town was busy but then again that's the local Thai population.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That was the best insult you had today?

They never said that bargirls does not exist.

Wonder how you would feel is somebody mocked you like that if you lost 90% of your monthly income?

depends if I saw myself a s a  vile advantage  taker, which I dont

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket Town was busy but then again that's the local Thai population.

Phuket town is a bit different to the rest of the island we went to eat at Raya restaurant I've never seen it as full, later to a place for a few beers was busy 290 Baht a pint 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bodga said:

depends if I saw myself a s a  vile advantage  taker, which I dont

Unfortunately I do not understand what you refer to. Was that an answer to any of my questions?

55 minutes ago, bodga said:

I  know u find the truth hard to swallow

Your truth, which is not very credible. Below you can see a collection of your posts, that you have no proof dor at all, and still you call it truth, I assume? Right, your truth. ???? 

1 hour ago, bodga said:

24/7 being asleep doesnt  count though

1 hour ago, bodga said:

'FREEDOM"   ha  what a  joke

1 hour ago, bodga said:

Nah theyll pay some thugs to start it

1 hour ago, bodga said:

including cement not fresh air with gallons  of  water, as per  thai standard

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That was the best insult you had today?

They never said that bargirls does not exist.

Wonder how you would feel is somebody mocked you like that if you lost 90% of your monthly income?

No, they said no evidence of prostitution ????????

• Haha 2

Only been to Phuket once but never to return. Even a bar owner asked me why I would come to the most expensive resort in Thailand.

I was also put off by a girl I met there who had 3 pints of Heineken (no food) for breakfast while I ate my Full English and a pot of tea.

• Like 2