Phuket: Ten million foreign tourists to ZERO - pictures tell a sad Bangla Road story

webfact

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Only been to Phuket once but never to return. Even a bar owner asked me why I would come to the most expensive resort in Thailand.

I was also put off by a girl I met there who had 3 pints of Heineken (no food) for breakfast while I ate my Full English and a pot of tea.

They drink to numb the brain so that what they do and who they did it with are not even a memory, but instead seem to be just some vision of a past adult rated movie they watched....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They drink to numb the brain so that what they do and who they did it with are not even a memory, but instead seem to be just some vision of a past adult rated movie they watched....

Calories wise, I heard there was a steak in every can?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A report from The Standard about tourism in the Bangla Walking Street district of Patong only needed pictures to tell the story of the devastating impact of the pandemic.

Bangla road is a "one trick pony" bar saturation... going to be tough for a lot of owners.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

“Song thaew drivers who used to earn 1000 baht a day trying to scrape by with 100.”

The problem there was that many Song thaew drivers tried to earn nearer 1000 baht per fare. 

I understand many of those song thaew and van drivers had their vehicles repossessed. 

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Unfortunately I do not understand what you refer to. Was that an answer to any of my questions?

Your truth, which is not very credible. Below you can see a collection of your posts, that you have no proof dor at all, and still you call it truth, I assume? Right, your truth. ???? 

god u  must be really  bored  or  lonely

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bodga said:

god u  must be really  bored  or  lonely

Nah, wrong on both assumptions. I have great variation in my life, with lots of different work and meeting a lot of people. Actually very social and accepted in most circles. After that I live with family of wife and two children.

Just because you said another thing out of relevance, I take that as you admitting that the thing you called truth was not very credible. ???? Thanks!

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, wrong on both assumptions. I have great variation in my life, with lots of different work and meeting a lot of people. Actually very social and accepted in most circles. After that I live with family of wife and two children.

Just because you said another thing out of relevance, I take that as you admitting that the thing you called truth was not very credible. ???? Thanks!

Have a nice day.

u mean like a round peg in a square  hole , figures

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This present picture of Bangla, is likely the same for the Pattaya walking street scene.

Better get used to it as covid is world wide, and especially in the USA where their

present President is trying to get the death numbers up to a half a million with his

rallys.  Good luck Thailand, I hope the Winter of 2021 to 2022 is a better Winter, as this

coming Winter will be one where only the long stay retired tourists will willing take

their 2 weeks quarantine, at the beginning and end of their long stays, where ever they travel.

I will do my quarantine here in Canada, as I do not plan to chance the long flight to

anywhere else in the world until at least late next Fall like November 2021.

Good Luck Phuket, I bet there will be many places shut down permanently by

the time I get back there on my next vacation.

Geezers

So is the Phuket model with the resort quarantine (I mean the option that you don't have to be locked in the room but you can go out within the resort) still happening in October now that they released the news about the 270 day TR visa? Even though I need to get back home to Bangkok, I would much rather choose that quarantine option. 

I am on Samui this week. Used to live here, and moved away when it got too congested and over developed. It is a virtual ghost town. Chaweng is decimated. Especially at night. 80% of the shops are closed. On the island more than half the shops, and restaurants are closed. Probably 75% of the hotels. My hotel has about 100 rooms. 2 rooms booked for two nites and 6 rooms booked now. At 600 baht for a room that is normally 2500 baht.

Absolute madness and extreme cowardice in the part of the army. They are sure showing the people just how little they care. 

ANY and ALL tourists and expats should be welcomed tomorrow. No restrictions other than a covid letter and 14 day quarantine. And if you toxic weakling army guys are serious, pay for half the quarantine. Show us something. Anything. 

20200915_185824.jpg

20200915_185820.jpg

20200915_185814.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1

Nice to know that tuk-tuk drivers are hit hard. Thise scumbags charge 240B for a very short of a few hundreds meter back in 2016. That was my last visit to Patong Beach. Now i usually travel to Jomtien, but the Beach isn't that good. Everything is cheaper and the fair for ride in a song thearw is 10B for 4 km to Pattaya, which has far more restaurants and nightlife then Phuket...Huahin can be a nice brake for a few days. Just 2 1/2 hours with Ferry from Pattaya....

The only positive is that the tuk tuk mafia can't rip off anyone anymore

Edit: Didn't see the post above, couldn't agree more. Had the unfortunate experience of having to use them when I went to Phuket in January with my wife and son.

Edited by hello55060
z

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am on Samui this week. Used to live here, and moved away when it got too congested and over developed. It is a virtual ghost town. Chaweng is decimated. Especially at night. 80% of the shops are closed. On the island more than half the shops, and restaurants are closed. Probably 75% of the hotels. My hotel has about 100 rooms. 2 rooms booked for two nites and 6 rooms booked now. At 600 baht for a room that is normally 2500 baht.

Absolute madness and extreme cowardice in the part of the army. They are sure showing the people just how little they care. 

ANY and ALL tourists and expats should be welcomed tomorrow. No restrictions other than a covid letter and 14 day quarantine. And if you toxic weakling army guys are serious, pay for half the quarantine. Show us something. Anything. 

20200915_185824.jpg

20200915_185820.jpg

20200915_185814.jpg

Depressing