Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Phuket: Ten million foreign tourists to ZERO - pictures tell a sad Bangla Road story

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, wrong on both assumptions. I have great variation in my life, with lots of different work and meeting a lot of people. Actually very social and accepted in most circles. After that I live with family of wife and two children.

Just because you said another thing out of relevance, I take that as you admitting that the thing you called truth was not very credible. 🙂 Thanks!

 

Have a nice day.

u mean like a round peg in a square  hole , figures

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bodga said:

u mean like a round peg in a square  hole , figures

Playing golf with the wrong hole, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deli said:

Someone should make Xi and his commie gang paying for the misery they caused.

Suckers.

You can dont buy anything made in China, where my daughter lives in England all the Chinese takaways have been trashed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Playing golf with the wrong hole, perhaps?

u  know  i  only  play  golf with my cousins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This present picture of Bangla, is likely the same for the Pattaya walking street scene.

  Better get used to it as covid is world wide, and especially in the USA where their

present President is trying to get the death numbers up to a half a million with his

rallys.  Good luck Thailand, I hope the Winter of 2021 to 2022 is a better Winter, as this

coming Winter will be one where only the long stay retired tourists will willing take

their 2 weeks quarantine, at the beginning and end of their long stays, where ever they travel.

  I will do my quarantine here in Canada, as I do not plan to chance the long flight to

anywhere else in the world until at least late next Fall like November 2021.

  Good Luck Phuket, I bet there will be many places shut down permanently by

the time I get back there on my next vacation.

Geezers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the Phuket model with the resort quarantine (I mean the option that you don't have to be locked in the room but you can go out within the resort) still happening in October now that they released the news about the 270 day TR visa? Even though I need to get back home to Bangkok, I would much rather choose that quarantine option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bodga said:

u  know  i  only  play  golf with my cousins

Do they also see square holes? Maybe it runs in the family. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on Samui this week. Used to live here, and moved away when it got too congested and over developed. It is a virtual ghost town. Chaweng is decimated. Especially at night. 80% of the shops are closed. On the island more than half the shops, and restaurants are closed. Probably 75% of the hotels. My hotel has about 100 rooms. 2 rooms booked for two nites and 6 rooms booked now. At 600 baht for a room that is normally 2500 baht.

 

Absolute madness and extreme cowardice in the part of the army. They are sure showing the people just how little they care. 

 

ANY and ALL tourists and expats should be welcomed tomorrow. No restrictions other than a covid letter and 14 day quarantine. And if you toxic weakling army guys are serious, pay for half the quarantine. Show us something. Anything. 

20200915_185824.jpg

20200915_185820.jpg

20200915_185814.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know that tuk-tuk drivers are hit hard. Thise scumbags charge 240B for a very short of a few hundreds meter back in 2016. That was my last visit to Patong Beach. Now i usually travel to Jomtien, but the Beach isn't that good. Everything is cheaper and the fair for ride in a song thearw is 10B for 4 km to Pattaya, which has far more restaurants and nightlife then Phuket...Huahin can be a nice brake for a few days. Just 2 1/2 hours with Ferry from Pattaya....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only positive is that the tuk tuk mafia can't rip off anyone anymore

 

Edit: Didn't see the post above, couldn't agree more. Had the unfortunate experience of having to use them when I went to Phuket in January with my wife and son.

Edited by hello55060
z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am on Samui this week. Used to live here, and moved away when it got too congested and over developed. It is a virtual ghost town. Chaweng is decimated. Especially at night. 80% of the shops are closed. On the island more than half the shops, and restaurants are closed. Probably 75% of the hotels. My hotel has about 100 rooms. 2 rooms booked for two nites and 6 rooms booked now. At 600 baht for a room that is normally 2500 baht.

 

Absolute madness and extreme cowardice in the part of the army. They are sure showing the people just how little they care. 

 

ANY and ALL tourists and expats should be welcomed tomorrow. No restrictions other than a covid letter and 14 day quarantine. And if you toxic weakling army guys are serious, pay for half the quarantine. Show us something. Anything. 

20200915_185824.jpg

20200915_185820.jpg

20200915_185814.jpg

Depressing  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:14 AM, bodga said:

my  poor  bleeding heart cant bear it

Mine neither. Having experienced the money grubbing antics of such drivers, but not limited to those, I swore my last visit to Phuket would be just that. My last!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Do they also see square holes? Maybe it runs in the family. 🤣

my heart bleeds for the jet ski rental operators 

who do they rip off this days?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...