New RTP chief "Big Pat" reminds immigration about their duties

webfact

New RTP chief "Big Pat" reminds immigration about their duties

7pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's incoming new police chief General Suwat Chaengyodsuk has reminded top brass at the Immigration Bureau about their responsibilities in keeping Thailand safe from foreign law breakers, reported Naew Na.

The media said that outgoing chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda sent the new head man - who they called Big Pat - along to a seminar yesterday.

Top of the agenda was keeping the borders secure in the Covid-19 era and making sure that law breaking foreigners were not damaging Thailand or using it as a base to commit international crime.

7pm1.jpg

This was all part of policies handed down from the Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha and DMP Prawit Wongsuwan. 

Gen Suwat - the man in glasses in the center - , a former deputy, will officially take over as RTP on October 1st. 

7pm2.jpg

Thaivisa notes that the media gives the moniker "Big" to many leading politicians and police. 

IB chief Sompong Chingduang is "Big Oud", Prawit is "Big Pom" and former IB chief Surachet Hakpan was "Big Joke". 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-15

1 minute ago, KhunKenAP said:

I think Prayut should take over the name of "Big Joke", since he got rid of the original and Big Joke suits Prayut very well.

Anutin should be called "Big Stupid".

As for Prawit it should obviously be "Big Watch".

Ken, you obviously don't know much about Thai names. Firstly, one never refers to oneself as 'Khun', it's a term of respect given by others! Secondly, Joke is Thai word for rice porridge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The announcements make some valid points. Although the irony is not missed. 

Head of the RTP ‘reminds’ Immigration of their duties in keeping Thailand safe from foreign law breakers because perhaps Thailand is a ‘hub’ for foreign criminals to hide out and to operate because the RTP are so ineffective in the first place. 

... “Thailand is attractive to foreign criminals because we don’t do our jobs, so someone else must to their job better” !!!! outstanding hypocrisy and sanctimony...

These guys love their media announcement, crack downs and ‘hubs’ and rarely have any idea of how they actually appear when what they say is broken down with any sense of critical thought !!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

He is Chief of Police, all police, but it seems he is more concerned

with foreign criminals.

regards worgeordie

I know another assistant commissioner in Isarn who says there is a huge amount of crime nowadays by foreigners. It is a serious problem and the CSD(who I taught English to) often needs the help from foreign translators. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder when the news headlines will read, "New RTP chief "Big ????" reminds immigration about their duties. 

Your duties are to eject as many dirty non-Thais as possible as Thailand needs to be pure.  Thailand for Thais only baby.  Thailand for Thais!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

perhaps Thailand is a ‘hub’ for foreign criminals to hide out and to operate because the RTP are so ineffective in the first place. 

No. It's because of the ease at which foreigners can enter, get visas much easier than other countries. 

The guy is tackling this problem, isn't he,  by talking to immigration? 

Immigration have tried by tracking foreigners, stopping the perpetual visa runners etc

Some bashers just can't help but criticise the RTP whatever they do. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I know another assistant commissioner in Isarn who says there is a huge amount of crime nowadays by foreigners. It is a serious problem and the CSD(who I taught English to) often needs the help from foreign translators. 

or whom you taught English to, even ! 

• Haha 2